Author Topic: Rise of the Black Panther #1 (SPOILERS page 6)  (Read 22525 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Re: Rise of the Black Panther #1 (SPOILERS page 6)
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2018, 06:22:41 pm »
Nothing here worried me tho.

In fact, the " im not a boy, im the king" line filled me with hope for next issue when we actually get to tchallas early days.

Im expecting the "mcu civil war" panther fire/rashness vs the seasoned vet prep master priest version

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2018, 06:24:45 pm »
#2 has Namor on the cover. So there is usually fighting when he is around. lol
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2018, 06:25:57 pm »
Would it be cool if T'Chaka, S'yan, Hunter, Zuri, and Tchalla got to do the narration in the same way as N'Yami and Ramonda did?

The narration idea is Good because then Evan could weave a mysterious Panther, I know we know how deadly he is, but after what Coates has done, getting some folks gushing about T'Challa on panel plus getting some feats are in order, plus I like that style personally. Shuri, S'yan,
W'kabi, hunter Zuri and Okoye
Oh yeah, that line I'm the King was actually pretty badass,Ike Coates would Never wrote that ever. That would hint at a non castrated Black male. Another kudos. But yes Issue two will be the real test, so far for me,  he is off to a good start
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 06:29:31 pm by Ezyo »

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 03, 2018, 06:40:03 pm »
So my flushed out idea is

Letters T'chaka wrote serve as narration for issue 2. Similar to Jax and Sons of Anarchy.

Issue 3 narrated by S'yan on how Tchalla has progressed.

Priest Zuri for issue 4 on his observations.

Hunter for the controversial issue 5 with his observations.

Finally Shuri/Tchalla for issue six for self reflection.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2018, 06:59:54 pm »
Would it be cool if T'Chaka, S'yan, Hunter, Zuri, and Tchalla got to do the narration in the same way as N'Yami and Ramonda did?

I'd switch Shuri getting to narrate instead of H'unter other wise yeah that would be great.

Because its still year one, I can see Hunter narrating about how Tchalla is too lenient in his first year.

I honestly hate the concept of H'unter for the most part & would probably be in top 5/10 things I'd recon out giving the chance.. he's the type of sh*t u see Force on/in black lead projects but would Never see happen in a white or non black project..
Pull List

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2018, 05:24:50 am »

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2018, 05:26:16 am »
Well that is the truth. lol
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2018, 05:33:07 am »
This was well liked on Reddit and 4chan, which is stunning (especially 4chan).

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2018, 05:40:59 am »

oh and to follow up on this.

I asked him if hes going to tackle Syan's rule and the Panther's Quest sh*t (Ramonda kidnapped)

He said one answer is yes and one answer is no. he couldn't say which.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2018, 05:53:48 am »

I asked him if hes going to tackle Syan's rule and the Panther's Quest sh*t (Ramonda kidnapped)

I would say Ramondas history will be the one he doesn't address. The whole thing with that history was T'Chaka was tortured by not being able to save her for some reason

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2018, 05:59:50 am »

I would say Ramondas history will be the one he doesn't address. The whole thing with that history was T'Chaka was tortured by not being able to save her for some reason

The fact he even knows about Panther Quest is encouraging lol.

You think Coates heard of that story when Ramonda was so "meh" about rape camps?

Offline Shade

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2018, 08:41:39 am »
This was well liked on Reddit and 4chan, which is stunning (especially 4chan).

Any links to the discussions?
Kiss the sky!

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2018, 10:17:36 am »

You think Coates heard of that story when Ramonda was so "meh" about rape camps?

To be 100% honest?

I think all Coates bothered to read was Hickmans run and Briefly skim over Priest, like maybe the first 10-15 issues. Because otherwise he wouldn't of had Ramonda acting so cold about rape as she has experience first hand in kidnapping and being raped for YEARS.

Evan's sounds like a Legit Bp nerd and honestly, he is like a Hudlin 2.0 in that regard, If he can keep ramping up the next issues and stick the landing (And if Sales and promoting from marvel hits the right notes) he can become the next BP scribe that can possibly be listed with Priest and Hudlin, or Liss at the very least

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2018, 02:10:56 pm »

Great find MoS thank you!  Great point also about Ramonda too! Her abduction circa Panther's Quest should have made her extremely intolerant to the presence of rape camps in Wakanda.

I agree with Brother Ezyo that Syan's tenure as BP is more likely what Narcise will cover!  I can't help but be very encouraged by the tweet from Narcisse!

Peace,

Mont

Offline Things Fall Apart

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2018, 04:30:45 pm »
I loved this book.  Maybe they should put Coates name second since he's not actually writing it, and other than huge early sales and holding steady sales on the main book his name doesn't seem to help spin-off minis at all.