Author Topic: Black Panther #167 Spoilers  (Read 18811 times)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther #167 Spoilers
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2017, 05:50:31 am »
You sure you want to give him (and those who may follow his path) ideas?!?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2017, 08:41:48 am »
Coates doesn't care, This is what he wanted to read as a child. Something telling him that since he is a male he is either inept, uncaring, or an abuser.. I mean someone like that should not be writing comics to "inspire" little black boys to be ashamed and think so little of themselves. This is what marvel fails to see, this is what Coogler sees and why he is doing what he is doing with the movie, and this is what Redjack sees when it comes to the animation side of things.

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2017, 09:40:06 pm »
I think what bothers me the most is that I don't see how any of this sh*t benefits T'challa.

I've been on record many times saying Wakanda and Wakandans are essentially red shirts to improve T'challa's stories. I'll sacrifice 10K of them to see T'challa beat on Black Dwarf. ect.

But I can't see a scenario where this enhances or elevates T'challa at all. At best, it is simply a historical anecdote that makes Wakanda look bad and gives unfans more ammunition. I mean, there are only so many outcomes for this...

1. It is an ignored historical antidote. We get some more panels of T'challa looking sad and cries to storm becasue his ancestors were dicks. That is sure to boost sales and bring in some fanks. it is never mentioned again.

2. He tries to broker a truce with the Originators and let them return to parts of Wakanda. which... ok? is that a feat? does anyone give a sh*t? And i mean sh*t... these people did just pop back up and murder willy nilly. Why would Wakandans want these dudes are neighbors? Why should they gve up their homes for somethign there ancestors did 10's of thousands of years ago?

I mean sh*t.. if some Native Americans organized and slaughtered a bunch of civilians on "there land" tomorrow and trump went, "oh sh*t, i actuall read a history book and what we did was terrible! Ok, I need Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Montana residents and move out and we are giving the Natives that land as their own country." ... who here is gonna pack up? Who here is going to welcome all those poeple as neighbors that just got displaced?

3. move out of Wakanda to the galactic empire. That is laughably stupid all around. Same as above but worse. And then... then what? Movie is about to drop and you get rid of earth Wakanda? Gonna move the vibranium mound there too? You know how many cosmic properties sell? 1 (thor) or maaaaaaaaybe 2 (GoG). That is it. T'challa is not a cosmic character. This ia stupid and ludicrous idea.

4. give the origniators moon Wakanda. i dont' see how this elevates t'challa at all. "we took your land, he is some other land in space somewhere. good luck defendign yourself from the Brood or Shiar. bye"

So honestly, maybe this 5th option is best

5. T'challa travels to the Nether-Realm, tells the originators he is sorry what happend 20K years ago but they cannot come into Wakanda again. And then reconnects with Bast and Co and slaughters them all when they protest. The "heavy is the crown" option. Make T'chaka proud, f*ck the twitter consequences and get some feats out of it.

I get the impression the native-wakaliens have their indian reservation in the place that becomes the intergalactic empire planet thing, or something like that.   Banished to some place that was the planet and they built what they built. 

Tho that they would all of a sudden let black-face christopher columbus be their god king is questionable.  But with lazy crap writing all things are possible.

I don't see any feats coming from this.   
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline True Father Sankofa

• Honorary Wakandan
  • The maker the owner the cream of the planet earth
    • View Profile
    • True's myspace page
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2017, 08:41:57 pm »
One of the worst single issue Panther comics I ever read. It is so hard not to doze off reading this crap but from what I caught this fool Coates done thrown all the Panther mythos out the window and trying to reinvent the wheel with this originators crap. I'm disgusted!
"Don't count the days, make the days count"-Muhammad Ali

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2017, 04:33:20 am »
Why are they called "Orginators?". Strange name for a people to call itself without meaning.

Offline DigiCom

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2017, 02:32:31 pm »
Because "The folks who were here first" isn't pretentious enough?

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2017, 05:32:31 am »
I am not touching anything with that fool Coates' name on it. I cannot believe how supremely unfit and incompetent this fool is. He wants his run to be the most important run in history for BP? How? By gutting the character and doing zero good with/for him in the whole time he was on the book?

Get him off. Now. Before the magnificent Coogler's work sends thousands of fans to his book thinking that they'll see MCU BLACK PANTHER, then abandon the book in droves over a span of 2 months or so. Only to receive another boost from INFINITY WARS. Unfortunately these well meaning truly enthusiastic would be longtime fans would not only turn away permanently from BP comics due to TNC's garbage, but their temporary economic impact will conspire to rescue that BS that TNC writes; extending his longevity on the book for years.

I will probably become a mainly DC and Indie fan, if this occurs.

TNC. Ta-Nehisi Coates. His very name defiles us and our ancestors. "Ta"? That fool doesn't deserve such a tremendous and proud to be Black name. If a true Afrakan worthy of the name "Ta" wrote BP? We would be awash with amazing BP feats from page one. I mean, Hickman gave TNC an AMAZING set of conditions for T'Challa to rock hard.

TNC should stand for Traitor to Nations of Color. Turncoat Negro Creator. Trump Narrating Comics.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline True Father Sankofa

• Honorary Wakandan
  • The maker the owner the cream of the planet earth
    • View Profile
    • True's myspace page
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2017, 07:21:59 pm »
I am not touching anything with that fool Coates' name on it. I cannot believe how supremely unfit and incompetent this fool is. He wants his run to be the most important run in history for BP? How? By gutting the character and doing zero good with/for him in the whole time he was on the book?

Get him off. Now. Before the magnificent Coogler's work sends thousands of fans to his book thinking that they'll see MCU BLACK PANTHER, then abandon the book in droves over a span of 2 months or so. Only to receive another boost from INFINITY WARS. Unfortunately these well meaning truly enthusiastic would be longtime fans would not only turn away permanently from BP comics due to TNC's garbage, but their temporary economic impact will conspire to rescue that BS that TNC writes; extending his longevity on the book for years.

I will probably become a mainly DC and Indie fan, if this occurs.

TNC. Ta-Nehisi Coates. His very name defiles us and our ancestors. "Ta"? That fool doesn't deserve such a tremendous and proud to be Black name. If a true Afrakan worthy of the name "Ta" wrote BP? We would be awash with amazing BP feats from page one. I mean, Hickman gave TNC an AMAZING set of conditions for T'Challa to rock hard.

TNC should stand for Traitor to Nations of Color. Turncoat Negro Creator. Trump Narrating Comics.

DAMN! Lol
"Don't count the days, make the days count"-Muhammad Ali

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2017, 08:17:40 am »
> 92. Black Panther #167 (Marvel) - 23,784

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2017, 08:21:53 am »
> 92. Black Panther #167 (Marvel) - 23,784

I was just about to check on this lol.

This book could've been sub 20k by now if not for that legacy bullsh*t sales bump

f*cking Marvel..

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2017, 09:08:05 am »
That 30,000 bump must have been mostly free ships. New issue will be lower. More hardcore BP fans dropping due to latest issue.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2017, 09:13:35 am »
This is what happens when your write a boring story with Zero Respect for the title Character and basically making the mythos Colombus in Black face. Plus we are 8 issue's into this season and nothing has happened. It's the same as last season. Of your going to tell a year long story,
then you need to actually have substance to support it.

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2017, 09:28:36 am »
We just gotta get down to 20k if not sub 20 by the end of this season. 

We can get him outta here by season 3 but we need that downward spiral

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2017, 09:56:06 am »
7 thousand people jumped off at athe end of season one

a similar thing happening in season 2 would end the book. Even if its just 5k which is entirely possible considering it is a 12 issue arc again.

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2017, 11:05:00 am »
7 thousand people jumped off at athe end of season one

a similar thing happening in season 2 would end the book. Even if its just 5k which is entirely possible considering it is a 12 issue arc again.

Yup, that's been the master plan since season 2 began.

The book might hold at 22-23k on through April/May because of the movie but i'm counting on a continued dip despite it.  I just need the book to be as close to 20k when that next jump off happens.