Author Topic: February 2018 Sales- We Have Failed  (Read 13288 times)

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
Re: February 2018 Sales- We Have Failed
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2018, 06:47:41 pm »

Only if Luke  :-\
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2018, 06:28:53 pm »
Luke Cage at 8.5k

Lucas needs to be on a team book, pronto

Oh wait, he's on Defenders... 22k, the combined might of jessica (17k), danny (14k) and matt (24.7k)

Lowkey, Matt needs better friends

there are too many books released by marvel each month to make a luke cage book written by a writer that is synonymous with "hes ok"

Marvel burnt the core fanbase out (comic nerds) and at the same time... didn't pull any new people in.

Also, as much as I liked aspects of the Netflix shows, long term, they pretty much ruined any chance of Cage "making it" in the comic world.

Being forever blocked from showing up in movies sucks. His powers will never be upgraded (the movie would have provides feats on feats and the comics would have copied). He will never show off his greatest power (leadership/motivating). He will never get any merch.

Leading an Avengers team...

or leading a Thunderbolt team...

and fighting other supers would have made him popular in ways a netflix show cant.

Cage leading the Thunderbolts will be amazing to see in film The, on the other hand was very much half ass and had various missed opportunity when it came to building Luke Cage's personal myths up..
Pull List

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2018, 06:50:09 pm »
Luke Cage at 8.5k

Lucas needs to be on a team book, pronto

Oh wait, he's on Defenders... 22k, the combined might of jessica (17k), danny (14k) and matt (24.7k)

Lowkey, Matt needs better friends

there are too many books released by marvel each month to make a luke cage book written by a writer that is synonymous with "hes ok"

Marvel burnt the core fanbase out (comic nerds) and at the same time... didn't pull any new people in.

Also, as much as I liked aspects of the Netflix shows, long term, they pretty much ruined any chance of Cage "making it" in the comic world.

Being forever blocked from showing up in movies sucks. His powers will never be upgraded (the movie would have provides feats on feats and the comics would have copied). He will never show off his greatest power (leadership/motivating). He will never get any merch.

Leading an Avengers team...

or leading a Thunderbolt team...

and fighting other supers would have made him popular in ways a netflix show cant.

Bendis is the best and worst thing to happen to Luke Cage.

Netflix is the second best and second worst thing to happen to him.

He definitely works better as a Dom in a Fast and Furious MCU team movie.  That netflix budget ain't doing him no favors, being cut off from the greater mcu does him no favors, not having a cool costume or anything that will want kids to buy his toys or merch [if he even has/had toys or merch] isn't doing him any favors.

And now you have competition like black lightning mimicking the "pro black/woke" series tone..

To be honest this is why I don't take people seriously when they say BMB is the best thing to ever happen to Cage.. I would never discount that he helped give him a higher profile and raise his profile higher than any other writer had ever had before.. what he wrote him so sh*tty.. B4 BMB Cage was able speak 4-6 languages & own atleast 2 businesses.. Not only was he a black superhero but he was a black entrepreneur.. BMB Cage struggle to buy milk & and t-shirts at times.. also had to borrow a damn dollar from white fragilly fist to buy The Avengers mansion.. s*** ridiculously dumb..

Then ppl who say at least BMB wrote Cage unfair typical all wow bringing upstairs the Mandingo stereotype & black men dating/banging/marry/settling for non black woman (especially white women) beneath them in their level in status ( physical, financially & etc) in life ( in this case comics)..

I'd want to Cage in flim aswell, but also think he like Black Lightning works better in a tv/episode format.. BlueM in would work be a better Tv show than flim if I had to choose one...
Pull List

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2018, 06:24:15 am »
proving a point, mods can easily undo