Author Topic: Avengers: Infinity War Spoiler Talk Thread (f20m leaked, plot leaks added)  (Read 28823 times)

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
Re: More (Possibly Untrue) IW Plot Spoilers (BP Related)
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2017, 10:27:24 am »
I'm pretty sure they're waiting til Avengers 4 to have Thanos fist Rhodey (pause), so Brie Lawson's character can cry over it.

Iron Man definitely developed CTE in that trailer, and Spider-Man caught a Rock Bottom. 

People on the innantez have already figured out that it's Banner in that Hulk Buster, trailer kinda gives it away, he may even been mean and green with parts of the buster on him when we see Falcon flying through.

So i'm going to remain hopeful that there's a swerve in the Black Dwarf fight and it's not as simple as Hulk beats him in arm wrestling

Not gonna lie, if Tchalla doesn't get to drop off the cabal (preferably BD like in TRO) or atleast give a heavy assist if they are insistent that it has to be a heavy hitters giving the Killing blow, then I will be very disappointed. I mean that is almost straight out of TRO how that looks minus the avengers there. But Danget I want to see BP vs BD!

I'm thinking with Hulk, it might be a continuation from Thor 3 of Banner being shook of turning green unless he absolutely has to.

I also get the impression trailer 2 will introduce the cabal and layer them in more scenes, so we'll prob get a better idea of what their going for with BD.

As a side note, it would be kinda lame if all this was done just to protect vision's forehead, instead of to protect the soul stone that is property of wakanda.  I aint evacuating the city for vision's forehead.  I'm telling vision's forehead to evacuate my city!
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2017, 10:48:02 am »
Yeah,  gem has to be in Wakanda, it wouldn't make sense to bring vision all the way to Wakanda just for them to protect him. Tchalla would be like "Nah man get your robot behind it of my city and out of my nation before I throw you out!"

But yeah the next trailer (if they decide to do another, they may just let people have the one taste and leave it at that)
they would probably flesh out the cabal. From the teaser there we say promixa for a moment and then corvus boot.. I really REALLY want to see the Black Panther vs Black Dwarf fight

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2017, 11:40:24 am »
Well plot leaks say they need shuri and wakanda tech to get the stone out of vision.

Plus tchallas already inviting issues by having Bucky there... if steve showed up with an infinity stone, "let them try" comes back into effect

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2017, 12:41:46 pm »
Well plot leaks say they need shuri and wakanda tech to get the stone out of vision.

Plus tchallas already inviting issues by having Bucky there... if steve showed up with an infinity stone, "let them try" comes back into effect

I'll be cool with it so long as Wakanda repels the invasion, but I still need a shining BP moment

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2017, 12:48:08 pm »
I'd rather they show up to T'Challa and Shuri, ask them to remove the shiny rock from vision's head and Shuri goes

"Oh?  ??? so you guys have a shiny rock thingy too?"

Everyone's reaction:

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2017, 12:54:03 pm »
The way I see it

1. Its Vision. That means Wakanda and the heroes can repel this invasion, and then either T'challa tells them "you cannot stay here" and tells them to go, or Shuri is able to get the gem out and then T'challa tells them to GTFO. Either way... Wakanda still stands, the invasion was pushed out, and the plot moves on to Mind stone keep away

2. if it is the soul stone in Wakanda... Thanos has to come and Wakanda burns. T'challa isn't going to send away a stone they have had for centuries. They will push back this invasion but THanos will come next with a half completed gauntlet and burn it to the ground to get it. There is no long term victory in this scenario.

so I think i'd rather it just be Vision TBH.

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2017, 01:22:13 pm »
They said it's a heist-like movie though.  It's not so much about obliterating any one place (yet) as it is about getting the stones.

So right now, whether it's the soul stone or vision's stone or both... if Wakanda wins and the Cabal come back empty handed, Thanos comes for that ass. But if the Cabal win, all that means is they snagged the stone(s) and bounced. 

I got no problem with Wakanda winning on the battlefield only for Corvus and Proxima to sneak kill vision and snack the soul stone.  Everybody wins, even the red shirts.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2017, 01:28:11 pm »
The way I see it

1. Its Vision. That means Wakanda and the heroes can repel this invasion, and then either T'challa tells them "you cannot stay here" and tells them to go, or Shuri is able to get the gem out and then T'challa tells them to GTFO. Either way... Wakanda still stands, the invasion was pushed out, and the plot moves on to Mind stone keep away

2. if it is the soul stone in Wakanda... Thanos has to come and Wakanda burns. T'challa isn't going to send away a stone they have had for centuries. They will push back this invasion but THanos will come next with a half completed gauntlet and burn it to the ground to get it. There is no long term victory in this scenario.

Thing would be who has the soul stone then?
I feel like it will have to have Wakanda, otherwise where will it come from? Some random person shows up with it? Unless they make it so the black cabal has already gathered one of the stones, though that also doesn't work because the trailer shows him with two so he doesn't already have one a default.  But I guess we will have to wait and see. Either way,
I think Wakanda will not be burned down. It's not like NY or something, this is a warrior nation, and they won't show Wakanda looking amazing in BP solo just to burn it down a few months later. I think the point is to show Wakanda is earth's mightiest nation

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2017, 01:50:23 pm »
The way I see it

Thing would be who has the soul stone then?
I feel like it will have to have Wakanda, otherwise where will it come from? Some random person shows up with it? Unless they make it so the black cabal has already gathered one of the stones, though that also doesn't work because the trailer shows him with two so he doesn't already have one a default.  But I guess we will have to wait and see. Either way,
I think Wakanda will not be burned down. It's not like NY or something, this is a warrior nation, and they won't show Wakanda looking amazing in BP solo just to burn it down a few months later. I think the point is to show Wakanda is earth's mightiest nation

I bet Methany Danvers has the last stone...
Pull List

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2017, 02:14:43 pm »
Its thanos tho. With the IG.

There could be a race to the soul stone in avenger 4

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2017, 03:37:38 pm »
I'm not worried about Wakanda being destroyed or f*ck over.. If this was comics I'd be 85% sure Wakanda would be screwed.. but Marvel Studios isn't Marvel Comics and they ain't that stupid..

Few others thoughts

I hope that's actually James in the War Machine armor and if that actually is him I wonder how he gets to Wakanda.

I'm going to not believe the spoiler on Vision making it to Wakanda, I'm thinking the original plan is for he and Scarlet Witch to make it there but they get taken out before doing so.. Along with Iron Man and Spider-Man..

Other than Vision I'd be shocked if any important "heroes"  die in this movie.

I expect temporary or long term name changes for Steve R, Black widow & Clint..

Also I'm going to guess the Heroes not in the running group shot are either  in prison by the black order or too injured to fight with other in Wakanda.
Pull List

Offline Lord Morph

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2017, 09:53:46 pm »
Hickman f*cked us by not putting that on panel.

BD/Cull is there "hulk." I 100% expect it him to beaten by one fo the heavy hitters. And with the rumor that Thor is with the guardians getting a new hammer/axe made, that really only leaves Hulk as the big gun.

IW/Avengers 4 is basically the old crews "send off" by all reports. I expect the OG's to get most of the feats (hence cap beating corvus, hulk beating cull, IM and SL confronting Thanos, Thor getting a new weapon which I imagine must be able to hurt Thanos in some way) while the others do juuuuuuuuuust enough to build excitment for the next 20 movies they have planned.

The one thing I don't believe is Gamora dying. At least she can't be the only one dying (vision doesn't count hsi a robot lol). waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much backlash from killing one of the few female members (with a POC actor).

Feats have to be balanced. You can't give all the good beats to the old guard then people will come out thinking the new class can't compare. You want folks leaving the theater saying that Doc Strange/Captain Marvel/Black Panther .etc were the highlights. These are the characters that are supposed to lead the franchise down another 10 years.

as for those spoilers sucks that it seems like T'Challa will be robbed of a shining moment. Not surprised that Cap is the only one who manages to kill Corvus.He's basically the Russos bros' pride and joy.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2017, 04:55:16 am »

Also I'm going to guess the Heroes not in the running group shot are either  in prison by the black order or too injured to fight with other in Wakanda.

or in space with the GoG

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2017, 08:45:58 am »
I think strange is going to come in with a save,
I think that scene with Tony crying is the destruction of NY. But the NY avengers aren't going to die. Not yet I don't think

Offline BlackRodimus

• You got me straight trippin', boo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2017, 09:10:10 am »
I'm not worried about Wakanda being destroyed or f*ck over.. If this was comics I'd be 85% sure Wakanda would be screwed.. but Marvel Studios isn't Marvel Comics and they ain't that stupid..

Few others thoughts

I hope that's actually James in the War Machine armor and if that actually is him I wonder how he gets to Wakanda.

Maybe Wakandan doctors/scientists cure his paralysis? And doing so at Steve's request (and with T'challa's permission) brokers a sort of truce between Steve and Tony?

Other than Vision I'd be shocked if any important "heroes"  die in this movie.

Honestly I expect the only death to be Steve but we'll see.
"don't fight the power, be the power" - Reginald Hudlin