Author Topic: Avengers: Infinity War Spoiler Talk Thread (f20m leaked, plot leaks added)  (Read 32737 times)

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: More (Possibly Untrue) IW Plot Spoilers (BP Related)
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2017, 11:08:36 am »
I'm not worried about Wakanda being destroyed or f*ck over.. If this was comics I'd be 85% sure Wakanda would be screwed.. but Marvel Studios isn't Marvel Comics and they ain't that stupid..

Few others thoughts

I hope that's actually James in the War Machine armor and if that actually is him I wonder how he gets to Wakanda.

Maybe Wakandan doctors/scientists cure his paralysis? And doing so at Steve's request (and with T'challa's permission) brokers a sort of truce between Steve and Tony?

Other than Vision I'd be shocked if any important "heroes"  die in this movie.

Honestly I expect the only death to be Steve but we'll see.

I was thinking day fix is paralysis as well..
Pull List

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2017, 11:09:05 am »

Also I'm going to guess the Heroes not in the running group shot are either  in prison by the black order or too injured to fight with other in Wakanda.

or in space with the GoG

Good point..
Pull List

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2017, 11:49:23 am »
I think they will likely have heroes die then be brought back be the guantlet. Then from there they will retire for phase 4 (this can allow some to come back In A few years if they decide to do an Og avengers movie done the road)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2017, 12:32:55 pm »
of the characters that I can remember being confirmed...

Can't be killed because they need them for more movies:

- Black Panther (along with Shuri and M'baku)
- Strange
- Carol
- Star-Lord, Rocket, Groot
- Parker
- Ant-Man/Wasp

Unlikely to Die because it would look really bad:

- Wong
- Mantis
- Valkryie

I Find it Unlikely:

- Thor: it is easier to simply send him off the space to be King Thor somewhere. Plus he is JUST now super profitable and he is likely cheaper than RDJ, Evans, and Scarlet.
- Bucky
- Falcon
- Witch
-

Death Watch (imo):

- Drax: his whole family is dead, in the comics he existed to kill Thanos, Gunn doesn't really know what to do with him other than laugh loud (he is hardly the Destroyer), most easily replaced, and he can give a "I am going to be with my family now" talk before dying. Also most likely to scream and charge Thanos out of pure dumb rage like he did Ronan

- Steve, Stark, Widow, Hawkeye, Banner, Maria Hill, Fury: Old guard that has been around forever... one or more of them have to die IMO

- Vision: Obv

- Nebula: she isn't a core GoG member, her arc revolves around Thanos (especially after they squashed the gamora/nebula beef)... she doesn't have a ton of use after Thanos is gone. Dying here to either save everyone or kill Thanos would fit. OR... they kill Gamora and Nebula takes her place in GoG3.

- Gamora: see above

- Loki: idk who would actually believe he would be dead this time for real but... he is going to be hanging around Thanos a lot potentially and it would make since that his final "gotcha bitch side change" would end up with him dead. Plus how many more stories can you do with Loki at this point?

- Rhodey: because he's Rhodey lol

- Okoye: T'challa, Shuri, M'baku (where is NAKIA nooooooooo) are in this movie and those three are more important than Okoye. Okoye dying raises the stakes for T'challa and Wakanda as a whole. And gives BP2 a second subplot of a new Dora close to the king.

Offline BlindWedjat

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2017, 04:07:30 am »
Got spoiled on another thread about this stuff. It's tempering things down a bit, but I'll really try to not let it get to me. Black Panther still is gonna get plenty of good moments in the next two following movies I feel. He's had such a presence in the new Infinity War trailer so I think he's going to stand out. Plus seeing T'Challa leading the Secret Avengers and the armies of Wakanda into battle isn't something I thought I'd never see. It's enough for me as a Black Panther. I know hype and high expectations can be a dangerous thing but I think we should all try to stay positive. Black Panther and Infinity War both look amazing

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2017, 04:29:31 am »
Got spoiled on another thread about this stuff. It's tempering things down a bit, but I'll really try to not let it get to me. Black Panther still is gonna get plenty of good moments in the next two following movies I feel. He's had such a presence in the new Infinity War trailer so I think he's going to stand out. Plus seeing T'Challa leading the Secret Avengers and the armies of Wakanda into battle isn't something I thought I'd never see. It's enough for me as a Black Panther. I know hype and high expectations can be a dangerous thing but I think we should all try to stay positive. Black Panther and Infinity War both look amazing

I'm 100% positive ATM.

Sucks he won't get to kill BD but, like I said, that is Hickman's fault lol.

I imagine he will get plenty of ass kicking time during the invasion. Plus... Wakanda and Company are going to push that invasion back for sure.

Then it all just depends on the why... why did Thanos send his army there? If its for Vision... Wakanda is fine IMO. They will either extract the gem or they will tell Vision to leave and the story moves on.

If its for the soul gem, Wakanda be f*cked lol. But whatever... redshirts exist to move the story along.

BP is obviously "in charge" there despite the splash page esque shot of Cap in front (we see in the field BP is well ahead of his armies). He is the one that gets the army ready, evacuate sthe city, arms cap, wakes up bucky... he is running sh*t on that side of this movie.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2017, 08:33:19 am »
That is the thing o an most excited about. In Wakanda, the MCU is making sure everyone knows that Tchalla is in charge. If this were the comics I could easily see s writer having cap and co come in and start barking orders to T'Challa and telling him what to do. I'm glad the trailer made it clear who is the leader

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2017, 09:05:28 am »
Courtesy of UltimateTy at the CBR:

Arts looking like fire for sure

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2017, 09:52:59 am »
Ramonda or nyami?

Wonder if hunter is around

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2017, 02:36:07 pm »
Ramonda or nyami?

Wonder if hunter is around

Damn good question.. also I'm not sure if T'Challa or T'Chaka (another reason why I hate his visual redesign).
Pull List

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2017, 05:12:15 am »
I'm pretty sure they're waiting til Avengers 4 to have Thanos fist Rhodey (pause), so Brie Lawson's character can cry over it.

Iron Man definitely developed CTE in that trailer, and Spider-Man caught a Rock Bottom. 

People on the innantez have already figured out that it's Banner in that Hulk Buster, trailer kinda gives it away, he may even been mean and green with parts of the buster on him when we see Falcon flying through.

So i'm going to remain hopeful that there's a swerve in the Black Dwarf fight and it's not as simple as Hulk beats him in arm wrestling

Not gonna lie, if Tchalla doesn't get to drop off the cabal (preferably BD like in TRO) or atleast give a heavy assist if they are insistent that it has to be a heavy hitters giving the Killing blow, then I will be very disappointed. I mean that is almost straight out of TRO how that looks minus the avengers there. But Danget I want to see BP vs BD!

Hickman didn't bother to have T'Challa beat Black Dwarf on panel so that's made it easier for that feat to be ascribed to someone else on the big screen.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2017, 07:26:27 am »
I'm pretty sure they're waiting til Avengers 4 to have Thanos fist Rhodey (pause), so Brie Lawson's character can cry over it.

Iron Man definitely developed CTE in that trailer, and Spider-Man caught a Rock Bottom. 

People on the innantez have already figured out that it's Banner in that Hulk Buster, trailer kinda gives it away, he may even been mean and green with parts of the buster on him when we see Falcon flying through.

So i'm going to remain hopeful that there's a swerve in the Black Dwarf fight and it's not as simple as Hulk beats him in arm wrestling

Not gonna lie, if Tchalla doesn't get to drop off the cabal (preferably BD like in TRO) or atleast give a heavy assist if they are insistent that it has to be a heavy hitters giving the Killing blow, then I will be very disappointed. I mean that is almost straight out of TRO how that looks minus the avengers there. But Danget I want to see BP vs BD!

Hickman didn't bother to have T'Challa beat Black Dwarf on panel so that's made it easier for that feat to be ascribed to someone else on the big screen.

Yea, Hickman had a huge problem of having cool stuff happen off panel that should of been put in.

I will say though, it's great to see that the MCU has it right with how Even though the Avengers are in Wakanda, the trailer Showed that Tchalla was in charge, not Steve. Yes the final splash image had Steve leading, but in the other scenes,
T'Challa was giving order's, the Tchalla was at the front of his army pulling out the claws (Steve and Bucky were actually in the second row behind Wakandan soldiers) and when they show the big scene of the army's running towards each other Tchalla was at the front.. THAT makes me happy. Because I would of never dreamed that would happen. The MCU is doing it right. If this was the comics division Making the movie, Steve would of come in and taken over, barking out orders and they would have T'Challa being like "You heard him, do what he says this is CAPTAIN AMERICA my hero!!!" And it would be BS.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2017, 08:10:15 am »

Yea, Hickman had a huge problem of having cool stuff happen off panel that should of been put in.

I will say though, it's great to see that the MCU has it right with how Even though the Avengers are in Wakanda, the trailer Showed that Tchalla was in charge, not Steve. Yes the final splash image had Steve leading, but in the other scenes,
T'Challa was giving order's, the Tchalla was at the front of his army pulling out the claws (Steve and Bucky were actually in the second row behind Wakandan soldiers) and when they show the big scene of the army's running towards each other Tchalla was at the front.. THAT makes me happy. Because I would of never dreamed that would happen. The MCU is doing it right. If this was the comics division Making the movie, Steve would of come in and taken over, barking out orders and they would have T'Challa being like "You heard him, do what he says this is CAPTAIN AMERICA my hero!!!" And it would be BS.

if you look relaly really closely at the armies running at each toher with T'challa way ahead... steve and company are in the middle pack of the Wakandans as well

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2017, 09:34:51 am »

if you look relaly really closely at the armies running at each toher with T'challa way ahead... steve and company are in the middle pack of the Wakandans as well

That's awesome. I will have to take another look at it again. It's what I was hoping for, and something that the mcu has been pretty decent about as well, and that is making sure no one is getting jobbed.

Offline mrkareemruiz

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2017, 10:32:03 am »

This comment makes no sense. They could still have someone white take over and bark orders. We don't know until we see the film. Putting your trust in white hollywood is a foolish thing to do.