Author Topic: Alabama Senate Race  (Read 2456 times)

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
Re: Alabama Senate Race
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 05:16:54 am »
If Moore wins (and even if he loses) I hope that there is a series of real internal confrontations and examinations of white evangelical culture and the depths of, ahem, questionable choices that people are compelled to make.  We really shouldn't be surprised by anything anymore after Trump.

(and, I suspect that there won't be any discussions, because reasons)
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 04:52:51 am »
this is just f*cking sad at this point.

Offline Tanksleyd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 05:13:45 am »
this is just f*cking sad at this point.

Hillbilly Republican Logic
The trailer parks vote
The ghetto doesn't

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 03:51:45 pm »
! No longer available

Offline Tanksleyd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 09:12:08 pm »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 03:29:08 am »
...but roy 'yosemite sam' moore say it's not over yet!

...yeah, but a recount of over 21,000 votes?!?  ???
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 04:03:12 am by Battle »

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 06:55:10 am »

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2017, 07:35:48 am »

This tells me that there's still a whole bunch of (expletive deleted) people in Alabama overall-- I guess the DNC skated by with this one, but I'd say this seat is still vulnerable-- I presume that Jones will have to run again whenever Sessions six year term normally would end-- would that be 2018 or 2020?
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2017, 12:48:26 pm »
Just think about this for a second...

The seat that 'Granny' session (y'know the guy who left it to go run with emperor puppetine's phony presidential run...?) held for 25 years was just defeated by a Civil Rights attuned Democrat in a special election... in vastly republican controlled territory.

That's progress, yo!  ;)

Offline Tanksleyd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 01:18:22 pm »

The seat that 'Granny' session (y'know the guy who left it to go run with emperor puppetine's phony presidential run...?) held for 25 years was just defeated by a Civil Rights attuned Democrat in a special election... in vastly republican controlled territory.

That's progress, yo!  ;)

I always remember
To never forget
Anne Frank

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2017, 01:49:59 pm »

That's progress, yo!  ;)

it only too running against a pedophile sexist racist old fool lol

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2017, 03:10:45 pm »

That's progress, yo!  ;)

it only too running against a pedophile sexist racist old fool lol

Yosemite sam is merely a remainder from his slaver ancestry.
In other words, he's stuck in the wrong era!  ;)

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2017, 04:40:58 pm »

This tells me that there's still a whole bunch of (expletive deleted) people in Alabama overall-- I guess the DNC skated by with this one, but I'd say this seat is still vulnerable-- I presume that Jones will have to run again whenever Sessions six year term normally would end-- would that be 2018 or 2020?

Jones will have to run for reelection in 2020. So while black folks are clapping and hollering for Jones, he's not going to do much on black issues out of fear that will lose the white votes he got, or wants to get, for reelection. It's likely that Jones will lose in 2020 if the GOP puts up a better candidate than Moore. Luther Strange would've beaten Jones no question.

Though for the Democratic Party it's a mixed blessing. Jones perhaps-just perhaps-will help them block or slow down Trump's legislative agenda (or what passes for one). That being said, I do think Jones is not going to be a reliable vote for the Democrats. He's going to tread a middle course in an attempt to appeal to moderate and conservative voters in Alabama. I can see him touting his independence a bit more than he would if he came from another region of the country. Sticking it to Trump though animates the party and potential voters so that's a good thing for Democrats. It might also put Trump a bit more in the mood to moderate his stances and seek more help from the Democrats, which would also be a good thing for Congressional Democrats.

The downside of a Jones victory for the Democrats, in political terms, is that Roy Moore fades away now. He won't be in the Senate making a spectacle of himself or embarrassing the GOP and Democrats won't be able to use him as much as they surely would like to rally support and raise funds for their 2018 slate of candidates. Moore in the Senate actually would've helped them more than Jones in the Senate IMO. So the GOP establishment is happy with this outcome. Trump will need to rely on them more, Trump took another loss, the GOP establishment (which Moore and Bannon despise) was mostly unscathed, and they don't have to deal with Moore's drama. Further Jones might be pretty open to working with them to stay in office.