Author Topic: If you've never clicked over to the main page, please do it now.  (Read 734 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
There's so much content, and a lot of it new.  I review my year, and even I was blown away by the amount of content.  Check it out, and come back here and tell me what you think.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
Re: If you've never clicked over to the main page, please do it now.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 07:38:50 am »
Kudos for the Ebony Magazine article, Mr. Reggie!  "24 hours in the life of...." (new, Chadwick Boseman cover).. I don't think I see it on the website edition, though-- (more reason to buy it!)

http://www.ebony.com/?s=hudlin

Ah.. the Apollo show returns, that's good.  I'll check that out. 
Good to see Adrienne Bailon actually singing again.  I remember she was supposed to have a solo album post-Cheetah Girls/3LW, but it never happened, then I guess she got The Real TV gig, and now she's married to Israel Houghton, I suppose it's not as top of mind for her.

DMX performs!  At last, before he goes to jail for this tax thing.  Ah, well...

I'd like to check out these film screening focus group events.  I'll have to network better, I guess.

I'm enthused to check out the Milestone books once they become available. 

Regarding archival material, I hope that a series of "Essential" black-white phone book sized reprint TPBs are made available.  To me, that would be a great way of introducing folks to the various historical Milestone characters, regardless of whether there are immediate plans for new material based on them.  Certain characters I didn't follow right way as soon as the comics were first coming out (I kind of hyper-focused on Icon and to a lesser extent, Static), and as back issues gradually became more expensive I didn't revisit stuff that way.  At this point, I scarcely buy new comics but I like interacting with black indie publishers, would support any new Milestone publications, as I want them to continue (and, on a fantasy level, contribute to them someday.)

Also, I hope that digest-sized reprints are made available, like Archie Publications has been doing for decades and most recently Marvel has started doing again in a co-venture with Archie.  This can get reprints in grocery stores, Wal-Mart, Target, Meijer, etc., also black culture bookstores are another reliable venue.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 11:45:49 am by Hypestyle »
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 08:25:59 am »
Adrienne actually put out a Christmas album produced by her husband, so she's doing it all now.

DMX is great.  Funny how sometimes the toughest guys can be so cool to work with.

And yes we want to make sure the original material is available to the public, digital or otherwise.

I've spent the last couple of days on rewrites so yeah I can't wait for folks to read these books.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 08:35:54 am »
Wow- I forgot about digital-- a subscription/streaming platform that would work, for sure.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 09:30:22 am »
Man I grew up with DMX blasting through the walkman lol

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 04:08:03 pm »
looking forward to the NAACP Image Awards, should be a lot to talk about, for sure.  I wonder will Anthony Anderson go for some edgy material?  Hmm..