Author Topic: Black Panther #172, Klaw Stands Surpeme Finale (Solicit, NOOOOOO)  (Read 6711 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
BLACK PANTHER #172

KLAW STANDS SUPREME FINALE!

Klaw and his allies have brought Wakanda to the brink of destruction.
To seal the deal, Klaw has summoned a powerful Marvel foe not seen in years.
But Black Panther isnt done fighting yet. He still has a secret weapon: his ex-wife.
32 PGS./Rated T $3.99

He still has a secret weapon: his ex-wife.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther #172, Klaw Stands Surpeme Finale (Solicit, NOOOOOO)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 10:48:54 am »
At least its the final issue of the story. The solicit for May or June will say a lot.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 11:47:18 am »
I am still so confused by this story line

The Orisha have abandoned us turns into Klaw standing supreme with a dose of mystic tornado guy which turns into Klaw summoning a powerful Marvle foe

like... what. the. f*ck?

And then go ahead and throw in QDJ for reasons, Thunderer or whatever for reasons, vibraxas and asha come and go instead of helping out with Wakanda ON THE BRINK OF DESTRUCTION, you got some originators, freaking storm...

like... what. the. f*ck?

remmeber when this run was "Where the Hell Did Bast Go?"

That was so much more exctiing. And a story that needed to be told since she dipped out when Wakanda when boom (and everywhere else went boom)

This whole thing wreaks of editorial stepping in and going, "write a kingly Black Panther with either Klaw or Killmonger" so Coates shoe horned him into whatever story he had in mind.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 01:53:17 pm »
and just like s1, T'Challa needs help from an outside franchise Character (oh lookey they are from the x franchise too) to save his country... How astoundingly stupid

Offline BlindWedjat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 02:07:37 pm »
I'm not even surprised

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 07:51:10 am »
I'm not even surprised

Neither am I.

Everybody? Ignore this fool. Watch the movie next month, buy the hell outta our own R to the H and PRIEST just wreckin shop in this upcoming joint story. Return to ignoring Turncoat Negro Creator. Then. If they have any sense. If/When Marvel turns the reigns over to an ACTUALLY GOOD WRITER like Hudlin, or Redjack, or Narcisse? Buy the hell out of it. Discuss the hell out of it.

In the meantime? It's BP:THE MOVIE and BP710: THE PROTOCOLS...and maybe if ya got time, check out my fanfic with T'Challa fighting heavyweights like Hela, Hercules,  locking up with a certain Stranger we haven't seen in far too long...and a whole host of street levelers to heavyweights.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 08:09:23 am »
I'm not even surprised

Neither am I.

Everybody? Ignore this fool. Watch the movie next month, buy the hell outta our own R to the H and PRIEST just wreckin shop in this upcoming joint story. Return to ignoring Turncoat Negro Creator. Then. If they have any sense. If/When Marvel turns the reigns over to an ACTUALLY GOOD WRITER like Hudlin, or Redjack, or Narcisse? Buy the hell out of it. Discuss the hell out of it.

In the meantime? It's BP:THE MOVIE and BP710: THE PROTOCOLS...and maybe if ya got time, check out my fanfic with T'Challa fighting heavyweights like Hela, Hercules,  locking up with a certain Stranger we haven't seen in far too long...and a whole host of street levelers to heavyweights.

the sooner this garbage drops into cancelled territory, the better

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 01:27:04 pm »
Issue #172 could be as low as 17,000 copies if yall BP fans bout that life

Yall bout that life?  ???
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 01:32:16 pm »

you can barely even find "coates defenders" anymore.

non existent on any IG posts, FB groups

on reddit you run into one out of the 10 negative comments.

hows it on CBR these days? I haven't even glanced over there in ages lol

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 01:59:42 pm »

Unless someone post a review they tend to skip over issues now. Especially the side stuff. Mostly movie talk. Two of three Storm fans got banned from the Marvel thread apparently. Not including the people who post here.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2018, 02:09:36 pm »
I haven't looked at that CBR thread in months.  Not since the rape culture wars.  I'm not sure i can follow up from that performance.

I'm sure xpac is still xpac though

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2018, 02:12:46 pm »

Unless someone post a review they tend to skip over issues now. Especially the side stuff. Mostly movie talk. Two of three Storm fans got banned from the Marvel thread apparently. Not including the people who post here.

Lol.. I was wondering what happened to them 4 or 5 of them kewp dipping and Diving out. And then one day disappear..
Pull List

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2018, 02:19:55 pm »

TNC for the most part many of base has dissipated..PAC still pac, Murdock still mur, lead storm fan still lead storm fan.. a lot of coats fans on cbr I noticed don't post in the BP thread or Shuri thread because now honestly they have zero interest in in either or Wakanda for that matter.. the only thing that would make them more interested in them in his if either one was revealed to be gay or bi or placed in a interracial relationship or or gave up their royalty and nobility completely..

There quite a few TNC fans are in LGBT thread,  some in The O thread he's obviously mix.. a whole lot of white supremacists over there, a whole lot of black white supremacist over there vs few if not full self-hate vs the ones who are amazingly delusional & some are mix of all above..
Then there a few random I've never seen before probably obviously the first time they read BP b4 or just in loved weak TNC version..

CBR website writers themselves seem to be the biggest fans of his imo..
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 02:32:55 pm by 4sake »
Pull List

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2018, 02:21:32 am »
I'm not even surprised

Neither am I.

the sooner this garbage drops into cancelled territory, the better

Cosigned!!
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2018, 08:12:10 am »

TNC for the most part many of base has dissipated..PAC still pac, Murdock still mur, lead storm fan still lead storm fan.. a lot of coats fans on cbr I noticed don't post in the BP thread or Shuri thread because now honestly they have zero interest in in either or Wakanda for that matter.. the only thing that would make them more interested in them in his if either one was revealed to be gay or bi or placed in a interracial relationship or or gave up their royalty and nobility completely..

There quite a few TNC fans are in LGBT thread,  some in The O thread he's obviously mix.. a whole lot of white supremacists over there, a whole lot of black white supremacist over there vs few if not full self-hate vs the ones who are amazingly delusional & some are mix of all above..
Then there a few random I've never seen before probably obviously the first time they read BP b4 or just in loved weak TNC version..

CBR website writers themselves seem to be the biggest fans of his imo..

Sounds like CBR still CBR lol.  There was one storm fan that was cool, forget her name but she was anti-coates.  you could tell she believed in the coupling of bp/o but was not blinded to the bs treatment of tnc/x-offices, etc.  I judge one's compatibility as a BP fan by how they act when another character they like is elevated at the cost of T'Challa's integrity.  I had issues with some storm, shuri and dora fans who were on coates dick, championing his 'direction' or being lowkey apologists bc they were happy that ____ was getting some rub.  sh*t was lame as hell.

Unfan was the all encompassing term we used but I'd often get more granular and ask who was a "big T'Challa fan" and who wasn't. A "big T'Challa fan" isn't going to like TNC's work, and observing how they post it makes it clear the true fans from those who overtly or covertly just want to use bp's name to propel their preferred character.  So i ain't surprised to hear they've been migrating away now that it's blatantly clear that the movie is T'Challa-focused and Okoye/Nakia are the "chosen" Doras.