Author Topic: Storm  (Read 159323 times)

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Storm
« on: February 27, 2007, 03:53:35 pm »
Hey, guys! I've wanted to do a thead here for a long time on Storm's stunts. Here are some scans of a few of her stunts:

Here we see the first time Storm battles a Sentinel:

Storm defeating Polaris in a fight by overpowering her:

Fighting N'Garai demons and destroying the cairn in Uncanny X-Men #96:

Flying on and defeating a sentinel with solar winds in Uncanny #99:

Interesting piece of dialogue about her being able to change the unstable molucules of her costume into any clothes she desires in Uncanny #101:

Conversing with other life forms, plants, in Uncanny #109:

As a side note, she can also detect whether a plant is sick or healthy owing to her unity with life itself.

Flash flooding in an instant in Uncanny #95 and #116:

Cool feat about Storm's control over her body, in Uncanny #113 where the X-Men's (including Phoenix, Wolverine, Nightcrawler etc) powers are neutralized and are reduced to physical prowess of infants, Storm manages to get the lockpicks out of her tiara, and almost pick a  complicated lock she's never seen before (later in the issue she succeeds). Also, she notes that at 6 months she had the coordination of a young girl:

Storm can control artificial, controlled environments as well as natural ones. Here she uses hurricane force winds against Vindicator in Uncanny #120 in a clothes boutique. The shopkeeper thinks to herself "She turned a hurricane on-and-off in here, with just a thought."

Tracking Vindicator by using his energy train in Uncanny #121:

Channeling a storm/blizzard(originally conjured by Shaman) that spans the American continent through her body to calm it, also from #121:

Here are some scans demonstrating Storm's control over water:
]Ocean Currents

Here, she manipulates the water droplets in the air to focus specific wavelengths of the sun (though she could have just gotten creative with her powers and pulled out those specific radiations by manipulating it directly. I mean, the lady can control plasma, the solar wind and stars, etc) The storm she dispereses with just her hand gesture spans an entire hemisphere. This was established earlier in the story.

She seems to be able to also manipulate surface tension as she is surfing on the water without a board!:

Check out my sig at the bottom of this post. She has even been made strong enough to be able to part seas!

Storm controls plasma here:

She controls the solar wind here:

And here she goes with the power of millions of stars!

This stunt left out in deep space unprotected as it destroyed her space-ship. She can only survive a few minutes out in space unaided as it was established between Uncanny 160 and 165 (one of those issues). This stunt came from Uncanny 165. In Uncanny 166, we see her floating aimlessly in deep space in the last moments of her life when the Acanti find her and heal her.

http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmen198302uncannyxmen16ck3.jpg

Here, a skrull uses a machine to mimick Storm's powers. He battles Gladiator and uses her powers creatively to hurt him:

In regards to how strong her winds are, here are some scans:

She lifts a skyscraper:

She smashes Magneto's force-field and it taxes his power extensively to anchor against her winds:

Now why she did not include hail with those winds, I do not know. Had she filled that vortex with hail, she could have finished him off. Also, While Magneto can absorb her bio-electrical blasts, I do not think he can take a blast directly from the sky. He has never taken that. Why didn't she use that as well? Anywhoo, this shows her winds! In the same issue, on the page before, he was easily able to hold out Cyclops, Colossus and Wolverine put together, but Storm by herself strained his power big time!

Just to show you how hard she can make ice, here she instantly imprisons Colossus in a block of ice so strong that it will take him time to break out:

Imagine hail stones of ice that hard propelled by those winds in that tornado she used against Magneto...he would have been toast!

Storm has also been able to fry from New York to New Orleans in a matter of minutes as well as from Austrailia to the Savage Land located in Antarctica in no time flat on her winds. She also battled the mutant Sienna Blaze. Circa Excalibur issue 72 or73, Sienna casually tossed a blast at Nightcralwer that had enough power to fry him to a crisp, sink Muir Island and half of Scotland Mainland. In the issue where she battled Storm, Sienna Blaze has enough power to split the planet like a ripe melon. Xavier telepathically forced Sienna to unleash all of the power she had to temporarily burn her out. He succeeded as she admitted this. Furthermore, she could barely speak or stand. Storm summoned an electrically-charged wind tunnel to redirect Sienna's full power when she did that blast  that burned out Sienna's powers. The issue stated that Scott just sat there and blasted in case any of Sienna's energy got away from Storm's vortex.

Here is her pressure dome stunt that has come up often on this board:

Here is more pressure control:

Here we see Storm manipulating air pressure to suffocate Magneto:

Storm is a much more powerful mutant than Magneto. The lightning should not have been able to hurt Storm. It is stated in other issues (and shown) that Storm cannot be directly harmed by the manifestations of weather. Hence, she has channeled continent-sized blizzards through her body, is immune to air friction and can breathe at any speed, she always calls lightning down upon herself and has even focused the full electrical power of a storm through her body. Notice how in the scan it is stated that the only reason the bolt hurt her is because she was caught by surprise with it and her body did not compensate for the energy. She should have been able to feel that lightning bolt before it fell. She should have been able to sense Magneto's warping of em fields to attract that bolt from the sky (notice, the bolt hit her first and thus was "filtered" before it hit him. We have never seen Magneto take a bolt directly from the sky.) When injured, Storm's control over lightning, in particular, is weakened. Notice that despite this (and the bolt should not have hurt her to begin with), she was still able to challlenge MAgneto's control over the bolt. She has flown on a bolt of electricity, pulled it out of planetary EM fields (I don't have the scan for that issue, but trust me, she did it!), create and control em fields as she did here: as well as other things. Blitzkrieg, who's control over electricity far outstrips Magneto's, battled Storm and she beat him big time. Here, he cages Storm in electricity and look at what she does:

Here, we see Storm controlling and redirecting Magneto's energies!:

For more on why it was Plot Induced Stupidity for that lightning bolt to hurt Storm in this Storm/Magneto sequence, see page 10, post 8 and addressed again on page 30, post 7 .

« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 06:10:26 pm by Rutog98 »
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Storm
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 04:45:39 pm »
Storm vs. telekinetics:

Here, Storm, while reduced to a child and her powers are severely weakened as a result of it battles Jean Grey in the Danger Room and wins!

Here, we see Storm battle Candra. She uses her control over elemental forces to create a protective barrier around herself that protects her from Candra's TK assaults while whipping up hurricane winds and lightning and flying at the same time:

Ororo is known for being able to multi-task in fights and do multiple attacks. She can do many things at once!

Here is a post I did months ago on this board. I don't have all of the scans to back it up, but I have some of them. It is dealing with Storm vs. telepaths:
Okay, I am going to give a run down of Storm's history here and how her growth as a character was reflected in her growth in willpower as well.

When Storm first came into being, she was a very powerful as a mutant, but was easily bested by telepathy. While she could resist to a limited extent, a psi like the White Queen or Mesmero could easily best her. Hence in the Dark Phoenix Saga, Emma bested Storm, Wolverine and Colossus. After capturing the X-Men, she subjected Storm to mental torture and ripped through her mind. Ororo still tried to resist, but she was not strong enough.

Stay with me.

Upon the death of Jean Grey, Cyclops was changed. He left the team thus a new leader was required. Storm was appointed the role. This brought about major changes in the Storm character. She had misgivings at first, but she grew into the role and became much more confident and self-assured. Her willpower grew apace. One of the things CC did to establish this was her confrontation with the White Queen in Uncanny 151 and 152. I did not want to go into this earlier in this debate since it would have taken a lot of time to do so and I was feeling kind of lazy. lol. Anyway, there is more to this that my opponent on the interpretation of Uncanny 152 is seeing. Emma Frost's comment ot Ororo about her not being able to resist her TP came from the history of the two women during the Dark Phoenix Saga. Emma had ripped through Ororo's mind and tortured her. Emma was confident that she could kill Ororo in that fight. Storm banished or "killed" that storm in Uncanny 152. She stated how the storm will only be a memory by morning. Emma then stated that Ororo will be a memory as well and proceeded to mind attack her. In other words, Emma was going for the kill. She was not saying, "You will only be a memory tomorrow because I am going to give you a new personality and make you my servant." That interpretation is laughable at best. Keep in mind that the White Queen not only has a deep hatred for Ororo (which Storm definately returns in full if not greater measure), but she was very angry about losing the power to command the forces of nature. She prefered it greatly over mere telepathy. This was the first issue where we saw Storm best a psi. I believe that CC purposely used the White Queen to establish this since Emma is a much stronger character than Mesmero and was the first psi to truly best Ororo in the past. (Mesmero enslaved the entire team including a Phoenix-possessed Jean who was obviously a much stronger psi. Though the details of how he accomplished this feat was never revealed, he had to do it by surprise.) Emma was the perfect choice to reflect the change since what happened in the DP Saga was still afresh in everyone's mind. It gets people to take notice.

Then in Uncanny 159, you have the iron-willed Dracula. Not only does he have hypnotic powers, but he ambushed Storm and bit her. In biting a person, he gains a tremendous amount of control over them as they are affected by his vampirism. Add this to his hypnosis, and you really have quite an advasary. Well, eventhough Ororo was bitten, she still got up the willpower to best Dracula twice. He considered this impossible for anyone and was unable to regain control. Regrettably, I do not have scans for this...

There is another story circa Uncanny 211 where Storm is powerless. Malice attempts to gain control over Storm, but she proves to be too strong for her.

Storm's willpower was on a constant growth curve. by 1986, her willpower was stated to be the strongest of the X-Men. MAgneto was present in the story as he was on her team and on the page right before this. At the bottom of the page where this is stated, all of the X-Men's faces were shown. Magneto's was one of them. Keep in mind in Uncanny 150, Magneto's will was stated to be second to none.

In X-Men: Heroes for Hope, she once more proved her mettle as she was the only X-Man who bested The Entity. The Entity defeated Rachel with the Phoenix Force and Magneto. This is a tremendous show of will on Storm's part.

In New Mutants issue 34, Shadow King possessed Karma. This means that he not only had his abilities, but Karma's as well added to it. Even despite this, while Storm was powerless, the two fought. Though Shadow King plus Karma won, he stated that it was a near victory as she nearly bested him.

There was another issue where Psylocke, boosted by Cerebro, was unable to locate Storm or even establish TP contact with her. She shielded her mind from Betsy.

By the time we get into the mid 200s, Storm's will had grown so strong that it was impossible to control. Hence, nanny had to regress her to a child which resulted in her getting partial amnesia and weakened her powers. This made her more prone to control. However, even in this state, Storm proved to be enormously strong willed. Circa Uncanny 264-267, Shadow King assaulted her mind. Child-Storm proved to be strong enough to fight it off and struck him with a bolt of lightning.

(As a side note, Magneto and Shadow King fought off panel. Magneto won the fight, but it was a very costly victory for him.)

By the time we reach Uncanny 277, Storm and the X-Men were assaulted by the Warskrull who had the combined power of Xavier, Psylocke and Oracle. Warskrull was not interested in mind-controlling Storm in this issue. He wanted to kill her. He mind blasted the team in order to immobolize them. The others fell instantly, but Storm was too strong. He was barely able to hold her and stated that given time, she would break his hold. Therefore, he wanted Lilandra to chop off her head while he was still able to subdue Ororo. Obviously, he was not trying to read her thoughts here or make a slave out of her. So once more, the Jean fans argument that willpower can only fight mind reading and mental control is blown out of the water. He stated that he had never encountered so indomitable a will in a foe save for maybe Xavier. (In other words, it isquestionable if even Xavier's will is as strong as Storm's.)

During this time, Storm was going through her "Punk" stages. She was also finding true love for the first time in her life with Forge. Her outfits and looks were changing as frequently as the weather which reflected her changes of character.

After this, we have 7 years where Lobdell/Kelly/Seagle wrote and had every telepath from a lowly telepaths on up easily attack Storm's mind. The stripped her of her indomitable will.

However, after their run, Alan Davis came back and reestablished her indomitable will in the issue where the team tried to convince Galactus not to devour a planet populated by the Skrull.

CC then came back soon afterwards and eventually added to Storm the added protection against telepaths her electricity. We see in Schism where Bogan, a telepath strong enough to block Xavier while Xavier is boosted by Cerebra and sink his hooks into a telepath as powerful as Emma without her notice even takes possession of Rachel. Not only does he have his own immense powers, but Rachel's as well added to it. Storm and the X-Men battle Bogan-Rachel and his cronies. Storm positions herself to be the target of the telepath. When Bogan-Rachel attacks her mind, STorm smiles and states, "Do you know what happens to a telepath who enters my mind uninvited?" The electricity in her then fries Bogan-Rachel and takes him/her out of the fight.

Here are the Storm vs. Bogan/Rachel scans:

In the same story, here is Storm and Prof. X chatting. He comments on how her lightning hurts him when he just tries to talk to her via TP:

Now that I have posted this, I would recommend that the guy who tried to post all of those scans not take the time to post the issue numbers for his rebuttle. I have firmly established with this post that Jean Grey cannot, by any stretch of the imagination, defeat Storm via her TP. She is no Bogan and certainly no Bogan-Rachel. She is no Shadow King or Xavier or Warskrull. Trying to post issues where Storm is hurt by a Morlock telepath is just plain silly as it is obviously a writing the character down. If we were discussing a strength character, if I brought up a number of issues where he/she can lift 18-wheel trucks, don't try and refute the evidence by bringing up issues where the character can't even lift a car. It would not have any credence.

Now, I have only discussed Ororo's willpower and telepathic defenses in this post. I have not addressed the enormous amount of power Storm can bring to bear in a fight offensively with her powers. Well, I have discussed it at length in the debate against Magneto. Obviously, a character with this kind of will who can pull the kind of power stunts I have brought up in the Storm vs. Magneto aspect of this thread is going to be written down in some issues even by CC. She's near unstoppable. In order for certain stories to unfold, she has to be weakened. This is a character who could beat anyone of the X-Men standard foes (ie. Magneto, Shadow King, Inner Circle, etc). And yes, she could likely trump the entire old-school Inner Circle (Shaw, Leland, Selene, Emma, Pierce) by herself. That Inner Circle would stand a much better chance against Magneto by himself than they would against Storm by herself. In a Storm vs. Inner Circe, Storm would have a the bigger advantage. I mean, they have no defense whatsover against her powers and lack any means to take her down quickly. Given time, they may be able to come out with a victory, but her powers are inherently too violent and will take them out immediately. One tornado and they are gone. Magneto, on the other hand, lacks the means to take them down quickly and they can wear them down with their 5-1 numbers. Plus, they are better able to fight off his attacks than they are Ororo's. I can defend this well.  So, now imagine a character like Storm backed by team member and put her up against x-villains. See what I am getting at?

I posted this on page 7 of this thread, but now I think I will add it here for easier reference. I am just going to cut and paste what I did there:
For more Storm/Telepath stuff, here we go again  :

Do you guys remember circa Uncanny 264-268 where I stated how a de-aged Storm bested the Shadow King? Shadow King is a malevolent purely psychic creature that possess people. He exists on the Astral Plane. His powers are equal to Xavier and at times even dwarfs Xavier in power and as far as skill and experience, he is greater than Xavier in both respects. Anyway, I commented on the first page of this thread where Storm was reduced to a child by Nanny who wanted to control her. Adult Storm's will was FAR too great to be controlled so Nanny reduced her to a child to weaken her will and power. Even still, she was VERY strong against telepaths. Keep in mind that this is before she got the added boost to her electrical powers that can nullify a telepath's powers as I posted on the first page of the thread. This addition to her electrical powers did not come about till X-Treme X-Men. Look what a de-aged Storm does against the Shadow King with willpower alone:

A DE-AGED Ororo besting the SHADOW KING!
http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gambitaxm4.jpg

Mentally BLOCKING HIM!

http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gambitcys3.jpg
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 06:48:45 pm by Rutog98 »

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline jominick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 04:50:46 pm »
Wow...I thought I loved Storm, good read!

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 04:59:11 pm »

Wow...I thought I loved Storm, good read!

Thanks! I'm not done yet, though!

Storm can perceive the universe as patterns of energies and forces, channel them and bend them to her will:

Here is another instance:

Here is another instance:

I've brought this up months ago with Storm. I just thought that I would bring it up again to kind of put everything in one spot. Here goes:

it was 1979 from Rampage Magazine(UK)

The interviewer (someone called Richard Burton, I'll abbreviate it to RB) is asking Chris various questions, working through the characters...

"RB: Storm next...

Chris Claremont: Storm is basically what she is...a goddess, a three-dimensional goddess, if such a thing is possible.

RB: When the new X-Men first appeared Storm was probably the most powerful and dramatic member. Do you feel now that she's been slightly upstaged by Phoenix?

Chris Claremont: No. In equal terms of raw power, they're approximately equal.

Jean can maintain a higher burst...she can peak higher than Storm but she can't hold it for long. The thing with Storm is that all we've done till now is show her throwing lightning bolts and creating hurricanes, but she can do far more. Phoenix is more visual - the 'bird effect' is more spectacular. So the gist of it is that they complement each other. They do different things in different ways."

Okay, there is the interview. Now, here is Uncanny 145-147: (The cover of 147 stated "We did it once, dare we do it again," in allusion to the Dark Phoenix Saga.)

As stated in that interview, Storm's powers are equal to Phoenix. However, at that time, Phoenix's powers were tempered by Jean's humanity. Same holds true for Ororo. Her powers are tempered by her humanity. In the case of Phoenix, when Jean's humanity was removed, nothing was there to restrain the power and DP was born. It had near-infinite power, but kept growing and reaching for ultimate power. However, it was stopped before that. DP stated that she had limits still and did not like this. This was before she consumed the star. However, the Watcher let us know  that DP could have attained ultimate power and been second only to the Creator had she kept going and not been stopped.

In the case of Storm, when her humanity was stripped, she also had near-infinite power and was reaching for ultimate power. It was in her grasp. However, she brought herself under control rather than continuining down that mad god road of the DP. Both had the potential to grasp ultimate power in their reach.  Storm simply refused it while Phoenix was stopped before she reached it.

If Storm were to let go of her blocks and delve into her powers and kept reaching for the higher power levels, she would reach ultimate and unlimited power.

We know in Uncanny 165-166 that Storm can perceive the universe as patterns of energy and forces and bend it to its will. This includes stars, planets, empty space, etc.

Right now, Storm has the power of a goddess, but she is limited to her flesh and blood body. However, as stated in X-Treme issue 5, she will one day transcend humanity and evolve into a true goddess.

We see her make an earthquake here:

http://img310.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thatearthquarkthing23qh.jpg

Here shows up more of her attunement to nature:

Here is another scan where Storm creates a storm while deep underground:

« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 11:52:00 am by Rutog98 »

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 05:41:00 pm »
Here, Storm breaks down water into oxygen and hydrogen so the team can breathe:

Here, Storm manifests clothing for herself out of thin air by manipulating electrons:

Storm can work her powers through force-fields as she has done this through Jean's and Invisible Woman's field. Tomorrow, I am hoping to be able to purchase the issue where Storm battled the Trion in their dimension and overpowered them. The Trion were 3 god-beings that were the sum of everything that dimension was, is and will be. They were the elemental forces of that dimension personified. Storm single-handedly defeated all 3 of them at the same time. She also mended a tear between two realities to prevent them from crashing into each other to their mutual destruction. Most of my issues are not with me. Ah, the joys of going to school out-of-state!
Now, tell me who's boss! Storm! :D :) ;) :D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 09:33:56 pm by Rutog98 »

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 09:11:05 pm »
IAWR98!

Offline BarbaraB

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 10:36:28 pm »
JEEZ MAN!!

Thats what I call dedication! I rated a few of them if that matters to you. Thanks for all the scans. Made me sift through my collection and read through some gems. It also made me a little jealous because you have a couple that I don't have. What book is that with Storm Vs. HT?

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 01:19:33 am »
Kinda late but, welcome BarbaraB.

You know what would cap off that extensive collection? The scan of that Shaw guy threatened to grab Storm's heart (or something like that) and she warned him about the electricity coursing through her body.

Storm is a badass character, no doubt about it.

...Rassclaat.

Jenn

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 08:33:01 am »
Aw, f*ck! Annual #8 - I used to have that one. :)

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 11:46:54 am »
JEEZ MAN!!

Thats what I call dedication! I rated a few of them if that matters to you. Thanks for all the scans. Made me sift through my collection and read through some gems. It also made me a little jealous because you have a couple that I don't have. What book is that with Storm Vs. HT?

Thanks for the compliments. ;) The Storm/Torch fight was "Contest of Champions 2" issue 2.

I forgot to go into this last night, but read about how much energy hurricanes produce!

Read the introduction in this link: http://ecrs2008.saske.sk/dvd/s1.04.pdf and this one:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080831172621AAQGJwt  This is an average, real-life sized hurricane. Imagine the amount of energy a hemisphere-sized hurricane produces or a continent-sized blizzard! Guess what Storm did? :D In Giant-Sized issue 1, she focuses the full electrical power of a storm through her body and into Polaris.  

Here, she overloads or "exceeds the limits" of Polaris. Then, the energy allows her to shoot downwards through five miles of ocean and four thousand miles of the Earth's crust to the center of the Earth. This energy cuts gravity from the entire Island and it goes flying off of the planet.

While Scott and Havok did add their energies at the last moment to Storm's to help boost Lorna's, their powers are very small when working at this scope. As we all know, Polaris' powers are nowhere near this strong to do this on her own. Blasting to the core of the planet and severing gravity's hold on the island like that is well beyond MAgneto's powers even by far. In other words, Storm was the main person at play here. She was the one who really brought the power needed to accomplish the feat. Polaris merely harnessed the energy Storm used to increase her magnetic powers exponentially for these purposes.

This shows 3 things for Storm:

1) Notice that she first drew the energy into herself before she sent it to Polaris. She was obviously "filtering" the energy enough so that it would not kill Polaris outright. In the Storm/Polaris fight I posted earlier, she obviously did not filter then energy so much as it took Lorna right out of the fight. Here is the scan again:

2) Storm's powers have been expanded over the years. As you can see with posts earlier, she can control EM fields and direct EM energies. In other words, she controls all of the forces necessary to pull this kind of stunt on her own without Lorna, Scott or Alex.

3) She can toss MEGA lightning bolts. lol! She could very easily devistate an island or countryside with one of these.

Here is another scan of her from "Inferno." Notice how her body is generating heat (or she is absorbing it from the Earth) and she's projecting it from her hands. Also, there is the obviously impressive lightning display!

« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 12:27:51 pm by Rutog98 »

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline BarbaraB

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 12:23:13 pm »

Kinda late but, welcome BarbaraB.

You know what would cap off that extensive collection? The scan of that Shaw guy threatened to grab Storm's heart (or something like that) and she warned him about the electricity coursing through her body.

Storm is a badass character, no doubt about it.

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 01:26:15 pm »

I posted this as a thank you to Hudlin after his publication:

Hudlin,

I think this is your doing. ;) I have never read a more comprehensive bio for Storm in any version of the Official Handbooks in all the years of her existence. I believe that this happened because she is in your title and you have probably made Marvel aware of how much they had been leaving out in her bio-entry. The character has been around over 30 years now. Her history is extensive. While not everything was in there (and considering the amount of times she's been around and the innumerable issues she's been in, its tough to expect anyone to remember all of that when writing her bio unless you're Rutog. ;) No offense, of course, as I am just joking here. I only know so much about her because she's the reason I read comics.)  I always say that I know about every inch of the character's history and its a very accurate comment. (Everyone, smile again, Rutog is being truthful, but trying miserably to be funny with it as well so please be gracious and humor me just a little bit! ;) )  This really made my day when I saw this in the store.

To get down to business, I really appreciate how the Dr. Doom story was brought up in the bio. Its very key to the character. They finally took out that ridiculous max speed of 300 mph for her flight. The lady has been able to fly from New Orleans to New York in a matter of minutes as well as from Austrailia to the Savage Land located in Antarctica in a matter of minutes on her winds. She has also accomplished many feats that requires winds much greater than 300 mph and given the nature of her powers, she can easily do this. They finally mentioned that she can command the winds to fly herself as well as other characters. She has been able to fly the entire X-Men team on her winds before on numerous occassions. I can go on and on. This was the first time it was mentioned in an official handbook that she can command the cosmic winds. I had to wait till about 1.5-2 years ago before they finally mentioned her ability to summon the energies of stars.

I thank you for this and anybody else at Marvel who was responsible for it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 01:48:04 pm by Rutog98 »

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 02:05:14 pm »
Here is the missing page:

[/center]

Pretty nifty! ;)

Jenn

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2007, 04:59:07 pm »
Her intelligence level is two out of SEVEN? Whaaaaaat? The original handbook wrote that she had a Master's degree!

Offline jominick

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 10:45:37 pm »
what about her speed(3) and power level(5). I thought she was at least a 4 in speed and 6 in power.