Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS  (Read 1598973 times)

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
The Doctor... The Goddess... and the Most Dangerous Man Alive.

Meanwhile during a more matrimonial time.

A final reckoning with Doom is so needed as is a consummate resolution with Storm.

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS - Black Panther & Storm for 1st time in Legends #2
« Reply #5161 on: August 19, 2021, 09:39:45 pm »

BLACK PANTHER LEGENDS #2 (OF 4)
Tochi Onyebuchi (W) • Setor Fiadzigbey (A/C) • Variant cover by Edge
STORMBREAKERS VARIANT COVER BY JOSHUA CASSARA
Follow young T'Challa as he continues on his hero's journey – and meets the legendary Storm!
Three years after the death of his father, T'Challa continues his preparations to one day ascend the throne. After being rescued from poachers by a girl named Ororo who can control storms, he stays with her for a little while, meeting the other families she's been helping – and learning that he, and Wakanda, could be doing better by their neighbors. But threats back home are building, and they will not be so easily dealt with! Dive into the legend of the Black Panther in this new origin story by acclaimed author Tochi Onyebuchi and New York Times-bestselling illustrator Setor Fiadzigbey, perfect for middle grade readers!
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
The highlighted line is how it originally happened when Claremont wrote it. Tchalla wasn't popular back then so it didn't matter. Lol
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Yeah except now he is bigger then storm.. and this is his book so why go back to the original? Why even have them needing to rescue either at all? Just say T'Challa was whooping ass, Storm showed up to help but she could see very clearly that her intervention was t needed. Let her zap a retreating foe and call it good

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
The highlighted line is how it originally happened when Claremont wrote it. Tchalla wasn't popular back then so it didn't matter. Lol

T'Challa the Black Panther was popular back then that's why Claremont chose him. I think young T'Challa was holding his own and would have defeated or escaped his attackers.

This is how Eric Jerome Dickey saw it and even in his story Ororo saved T'Challa. I got no problem with that but I got to admit, Dickey's narrative is more to my liking.

I want to see the story of Storm and Black Panther's first meeting retold and with even more detail. Hopefully the new telling won't have T'Challa running along in just a loin cloth. Throw in a vibranium laced wardrobe and some Kimoyo beads. T'Challa and Ororo subtitled Black Storm would make a great Disney+ series. Just sayin'.

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
Yeah except now he is bigger then storm.. and this is his book so why go back to the original? Why even have them needing to rescue either at all? Just say T'Challa was whooping ass, Storm showed up to help but she could see very clearly that her intervention was t needed. Let her zap a retreating foe and call it good

Cause the X-Fans fav token & wallpaper has to get some shine somewhere and if she doesn’t outshine those African savages it makes them mad

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Yeah but who cares though because it's not her book. They don't need to appease the x fans. You can have a respectable showing for her while keeping T'Challa the focus

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group

I can get with this. Since we have two tellings of the same story both from the Storm camp (X-Men author Claremont and her own mini series) it could be interesting to see another take on the story with a little more Black Panther centering. I want young T'Challa to display his talents, pack some Wakandan tech of his own making and dress in some fashionably functional Wakandan clothing.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

I can get with this. Since we have two tellings of the same story both from the Storm camp (X-Men author Claremont and her own mini series) it could be interesting to see another take on the story with a little more Black Panther centering. I want young T'Challa to display his talents, pack some Wakandan tech of his own making and dress in some fashionably functional Wakandan clothing.

Wouldn't that make him a bigger target? The point if the walkabout was to prove he didn't need any Wakandan advantages to survive. And the clothing choice was to make people think  he was from a tribal village. The same way the MCU wanted the general public to think of then.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group

Wouldn't that make him a bigger target? The point if the walkabout was to prove he didn't need any Wakandan advantages to survive. And the clothing choice was to make people think  he was from a tribal village. The same way the MCU wanted the general public to think of then.

Like other plot devices i.e. T'Chaka's killing and selecting a leader through combat, the "walkabout" was too contrived and leaves me both disquieted and with questions.

Bigger target, he's the biggest target in Afraka, period. So why senselessly risk him especially without precautions in place.

How do we see young TChalla proving his survival skills sans any Wakandan advantages. By walking around in a loin cloth and engaging in some fisticuffs. Maybe we could see him hunting and gathering. Perhaps he get a menial job to make ends meet and learn how the poorer less fortunate Afrakans eek out a living?

If he wanted people to think he was from a tribal village I would have preferred him configuring a Kimoyo bead to hollgraphically depict him as such. Or have T'Challa be the first to invent a process through which his clothing can change form and function for appearance's sake. What's all this nonsense about not using his own culture and its resources? The Wakandan walkabout could task the would be king  with finding a way to solve a particular social ill or have him traversing the many territories of the astral plane and being taught by ancient Black Panthers the art of leadership.

For a young Wakandan especially one of T'Challa's caliber survival outside Wakanda should be fairly simple. If they want young T'Challa to prove himself send him off planet. Create obstacles worthy of a Wakandan boy seeking to become king. Provide circumstances that truly challenge T'Challa's intellect and surpass his physical limitations. Make becoming the Black Panther monumental.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 09:28:42 pm by Ture »

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I like your ideas Ture m honestly I think a walkabout should have him complete specific tasks, whole placing him in all types of situations. He should have to build his own tech and supplies and thus in his walkabout he creates the self altering clothing

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS
« Reply #5171 on: Yesterday at 07:23:09 pm »
From his introduction he stole or owned every scene.

Whether after the wars, during his homecoming or at the endgame, each time he appeared we rejoiced and wanted more.

And now we are told that we're supposed to accept that this was all the T'Challa, all the Black Pantherwe we will have. 

THEY ARE IN FOR A VERY RUDE AWAKENING!