Author Topic: Storm  (Read 391572 times)

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Storm
« Reply #480 on: September 07, 2009, 07:05:44 pm »
Just another scan of Storm's potential as she evolves into an elemental being:

http://www.resca.com.ar/santcum/issues/history/x98.jpg
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 08, 2009, 05:24:11 am »
awesome stuff Rutog.

Keep it up...

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 11, 2009, 11:16:17 am »
^^^Thanks! :D

I was just thinking...

Here is what McDuffie said:

-----Actually, it was a "lightning bolt" created by removing electrons from her body, their violent return dispersed her (remember, she's made of energy, and was already beginning to fall apart before the electrons returned). And she wasn't beaten, rather, dissipated for less than 10 seconds.

So what's to stop Storm from stealing the electrons from somebody's nervous system, personal EM field, and since our bodies are composed of molecules which are in turn made up of atoms which are then comprised of sub-atomic particles (protons, neutrons and electrons), she could deconstruct somebody right on the spot? Also, if she were to ever fight somebody like Iron Man, why wouldn't she just rip the electrons right out of his suit and send them somewhere else thus rendering his whole armor powerless? She could do this to any machine, really. She could just remove the electrical power from the machine with just a thought.

She could probably use this power creatively to manipulate the electrons in a person's brain to give them amnesia or imitate her own form of telepathy. I mean, if she controls the electrical impulses in the brain and nervous system, there is no reason she can't control somebody's thoughts. I mean, add this to the scan above:  http://img122.imageshack.us/i/energyworld42xc.jpg/ lol!

Anyway, just thinking of the endless possibilities with her powers!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 01:04:34 pm by Rutog98 »

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 11, 2009, 12:50:28 pm »
She should be able to control the Synapse in a person brain, when she is focused enough.

Come one Mr. Maberry. Just do it...that would be a great feat.

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 11, 2009, 01:19:36 pm »
She should be able to control the Synapse in a person brain, when she is focused enough.

Come one Mr. Maberry. Just do it...that would be a great feat.

Yeah, it would be awesome and she would be much scarier than a telepath. Telepaths have to forge psi-links with the other mind to control and attack it. This means they have to bludgeon their way into somebody's mind. They assault you with the strength of their personality and psyche. In essence, telepaths attack you with a part of themselves- their mental selves and will. A person with a strong enough will can overcome telepathic attacks or if you control energies that can scramble telepathy and you know how to use it properly, that will work too. Storm has both the energy control and will power to best even the strongest of psis.  

In Storm's case, however, she's not fighting the person will to will in that she's not trying to overlay her personality over the other person's. She's using her elemental powers to take control of the electrons in the nervous system. In other words, she wouldn't even have to contest anyone's will to do this. Her way of doing this totally bypasses the willpower resistance thing (not that she would be out-willed by anyone anyway, lol).

There are just so many different things Storm can do. She could do the mind control thing via electron manipulation. She could transmute a person or object much like Blackbolt of the Inhumans via electron manipulation. I mean, we've already seen her use this electron manipulation to create clothing out of thin air. I'm not saying that she has to do these things every issue, but it would be nice to see her vary of attacks every once in a while and do something jaw dropping. For instance, if she wanted to knock somebody out, instead of always using a lightning bolt, why not simply take direct control of the moisture in someone's body and pull just enough out to render them unconscious? If a villain crossed Storm and Black Panther really bad, I mean, they really crossed the line, it would be nice to see Storm maybe manipulate the electrons in their brain to give them temporary amnesia as punishment.  I really appreciated what she did in X-Men: Worlds Apart where she took control of the air in those people's lungs. Just things like that would be nice to see sometimes.

I'm sure Mr. Maberry has some very cool things planned for Storm! These are just fan requests is all. :D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 01:25:12 pm by Rutog98 »

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 29, 2009, 11:59:10 am »
Guys,

Read about how much energy hurricanes produce!

Read the introduction in this link: http://ecrs2008.saske.sk/dvd/s1.04.pdf and this one:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080831172621AAQGJwt

Now, consider that in canon Storm has focused the full electrical power of a hurricane into a single blast of energy!This woman has controlled continent-sized storms, hemisphere-sized hurricanes and done things on a global level. Just image the amount of energy she is controlling.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 12:28:20 pm by Rutog98 »

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 01, 2009, 12:18:07 pm »
^^^ Nice!

Pretty nifty! ;)

Jenn

« Reply #488 on: October 12, 2009, 02:59:01 pm »
Pulled over from the solo thread because it's not really on topic there.

I'm not at all  happy about how Storm has been played in the rebooted series either (especially after the first couple issues looked promising), but in that my subscription has about seven remaining issues I'm going to swallow the koolaid about things being about  to change. For now.

I thought about you this afternoon. :) I met up with a buddy of mine today, the the one who convinced me to give Worlds Apart another try. Until now, she was one of the last ones still reading BP. So imagine how surprised I was when we started talking about this month's book.

Her: Did you read Black Panther this month?
Me: You know I didn't. Why?
Her: Oh. My. God. You will NOT believe this sh*t.

And she just tears into this month's issue. I mean, hands shaking, voice trembling rage. I'd never seen her like that in my life. I had to get her to calm down (we were at a restaurant). Apparently Storm's doing nothing but smiling and nodding like a bobbleheaded doll kissing Shuri's ass, while Shuri is running around calling herself a queen. (So much for that "princess regent" bullsh*t.) She said she never knew how much she loved Storm until the relaunch. I didn't know how much she loved Storm, either. If anybody was going to have tears in their eyes after something like this, I always thought it would be me. "They RUINED her!" is what she kept saying, something I can neither agree nor disagree with, since I don't care enough to read the book to find out. (People tend to mistake my "thinking out loud" posts as having an opinion.) She's not too thrilled w/me right now because I didn't have much to say except "sucks to be you". As far as I'm concerned, if she keeps reading the damn title, she deserves to be kicked in the teeth.

On one hand I'm curious as to exactly how bad this month's issue truly is. My friend points out that I've already paid for the book (via subscription), so I may as well read it an have an educated opinion, which is a very strong argument. On the other hand, it's the principality of the thing, Smokey. As I've explained to her, I don't have an opinion one way or the other, and the truth is, I really don't want to read the title or support it in any way. I don't really need to know how bad it is. In fact, I'm pretty sure I can tell you exactly what's happening:

T'Challa is still pimpin hoes. Shuri is even more annoying, if that's possible, and Storm does not exist. I think the Thirsty Hoes ate her.

...only replace "pimpin hoes" with "acting like a whiny little bitch". I really think she just wants me to read it just so she'll have somebody to rant to (the rest of us abandoned it long ago). But c'mon, even though I couldn't love her more if we were blood, that's just asking too much. Personally, if I was ever caught reading this title, I pray that my friends would have the wisdom, courage, and personal conviction to beat my ass on the spot.

Which brings me back to you, because - with all due respect to Rutog98 - the only opinions here that I trust are yours and BarbaraB's. I ask this with nothing but respect: how can you possibly trust the team behind Black Panther to do the right thing by Storm, seeing what they're doing to her right now? As my friend pointed out, Storm has never, EVER received this kind of front-and-center attention - not under Hudlin's pen, or as a 30+ year Marvel character. I don't have any problem with her being 1/2 of a royal couple, but playing second string to some sassy black kid sister? To quote another friend of mine, who IS this bitch? And why does she deserve more shine that Storm has ever had in her entire life? And even if, by some crazy circumstance, the third arc does NOT suck donkey dick, can any future stories rectify the treatment of Storm in the present? What possible excuses could Marvel have for busting her down in rank, turning her husband into a slimeball, and painting her as utterly indifferent to her T'Challa's current state? (Which reminds me - exactly how blind, deaf and dumb is Storm supposed to be to not notice any of the new marks on T'Challa's body? About as blind, deaf and dumb as she is to not notice an entire army of women at her husband's disposal, I guess.)

Anyway, like I said before, I'm just thinking out loud right now. I would never want to go on any other comic board to talk about this title because I don't want it to look like I've flipped. Then again, maybe I have flipped and I'm just too proud to say "you guys were right and I was wrong". I mean, I talked an awful lot of sh*t in my day. :) But I just hate being on the Black Panther board ragging on the Black Panther book, mainly because I get sick of people saying I should "give it a chance", like I didn't before. Give it a chance for what? If my friend is shaking and near tears, there's no telling what the hell I'd be doing. The weird this is, I really *don't* care, not as things are right now. I mean, I would care if we were to go back in time, but to me, it all just seems tainted to me now, and anything that comes in the future doesn't change the fact that once upon a time at Marvel, somebody said "You know that chick Shuri? Well, I have a great idea..." Does that make any sense at all? Because this is a lot of words to say "f*ck it, do whatever".
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 03:09:26 pm by Jenn »

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 12, 2009, 03:28:58 pm »
I know my opinion does not matter....maybe I am a homer...but from his writing style, he is trying to tell a story. I has been great in my opinion. I thought issue #9 was his best, it was a really good read to me and mostly everything I have read has been positive. SO I can't say I don't disagree about Storm not being front and center...or T'challa not being Black Panther. Those things bother me...but when I see marvel creators citing that Black Panther and its stars are going to have a big year. Then that gives me hope.

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 12, 2009, 03:34:02 pm »
Have to agree with some of Jenn's points here...the title is a little off and has been that way - want to give the new team a chance to bring it back.  Don't really want Shuri as the lead character & think that King T'Challa & Storm should be the leads and Shuri should support them.  Will try to hold out while all this is cleared up in the next few issues....

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 12, 2009, 03:53:19 pm »
Have to agree with some of Jenn's points here...the title is a little off and has been that way - want to give the new team a chance to bring it back.  Don't really want Shuri as the lead character & think that King T'Challa & Storm should be the leads and Shuri should support them.  Will try to hold out while all this is cleared up in the next few issues....

I think most feel this way. Which is why I said I agreed with that part. But still, I enjoyed the last few issues. I like how t'challa mainly is being explored...and I don't mind as long as he will return as the Panther. Storm too...I mean I want to see her shine more then anything.

But Shuri isn't a bad character. I like her and her P.R.I.D.E team. It's different.

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 12, 2009, 06:40:37 pm »
Have to agree with some of Jenn's points here...the title is a little off and has been that way - want to give the new team a chance to bring it back.  Don't really want Shuri as the lead character & think that King T'Challa & Storm should be the leads and Shuri should support them.  Will try to hold out while all this is cleared up in the next few issues....

I agree with this. Jenn certainly has a gripe and raises some very valid points.

Jenn,

I can definitely see where you are coming from. I had the same reservations as you. Storm is acting out-of-character right now, quite a bit. I know. I've said this in another thread a while back, but she should be grilling T'challa about the attack on him and leading a secret investigation of her own to learn the identity of his assailant. She should be in a righteous fury right now and she should be the one calling the shots. Shuri can be doing the leg work abroad as she's doing now, but working under Ororo's command. Storm should still be queen. She should be running the country and protecting the country from within. The Wakandan news debaters are criticizing Shuri for not being in the country when its ruler is needed most in favor of spending her time abroad. This would not be an issue if Storm had been left as queen and stayed the country to lead it while Shuri does the leg work abroad.  Believe me, I see where you are coming from. Though I feel it would be more natural for the scenerio I outlined to happen, this is not the road taken. However, we have the writer's word that Storm is going to come back in full force and she is going to finally express her opinion on all that is going on. He also seems to have some cool things in store for her. The purpose right now in the title is to define Shuri, which is okay, but it should not be to the exclusion of Storm.

I remain hopeful that things will work out and that my favorite character will shine like the star she is. I am also excited that Maberry is a solid writer who seems to like Storm given what he has stated on these boards and in interviews. Black Panther is the only hope for us Storm fans to see our character shine since Uncanny is basically the Cyclops and Emma show. I've dropped X-Men (but will be picking up X-force for the "Necrosha" arc). I don't want to give up comics.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 06:45:34 pm by Rutog98 »

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 12, 2009, 06:47:48 pm »
So how do you like Storm in X-men Forever? 

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 12, 2009, 06:51:32 pm »
So how do you like Storm in X-men Forever?  

Ah, that's not a 616 title, though. I have dropped my 616 x-titles. I only read two comics now, Black Panther (a 616 title) and X-Men Forever with X-Force starting this month till the end of "Necrosha."

Adult Storm is not on the X-Men team in that title. She's one of their major baddies there. I think it has potential, but only time will tell. I haven't made up my mind yet about kid Storm. I'll have to see what CC has in store for her.

I am in comics now for BP, however. I would not stay in comics for X-Men Forever only. Storm is not on the cast team which means she will show up only every once and again.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 06:53:28 pm by Rutog98 »

Pretty nifty! ;)