Author Topic: Storm  (Read 391571 times)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Storm
« Reply #540 on: October 14, 2009, 07:59:22 pm »
But Queen isn't removed from her position because of her husband is dead or incapacitated; she is removed because she can't or chooses not to replace her husband as BP.  For example, if Storm became BP, she'd still be the ruling Queen,  And in that senerio, if Doom kills Storm, T'challa would only remain king if he becomes BP again.  It isn't about a patriarchal system; it is actually a theocrasy; the church is the state/state is the church.

Jenn

« Reply #541 on: October 14, 2009, 09:04:52 pm »
And...just for the record, I'm not calling Shuri 'queen' either.  A 'princess regent' has an entirely different meaning.

Much obliged to my road dawg Kati for the scan.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 15, 2009, 05:09:53 am »
But Queen isn't removed from her position because of her husband is dead or incapacitated; she is removed because she can't or chooses not to replace her husband as BP.  For example, if Storm became BP, she'd still be the ruling Queen,  And in that senerio, if Doom kills Storm, T'challa would only remain king if he becomes BP again.  It isn't about a patriarchal system; it is actually a theocrasy; the church is the state/state is the church.

Agreed.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: October 15, 2009, 05:17:37 am »
And...just for the record, I'm not calling Shuri 'queen' either.  A 'princess regent' has an entirely different meaning.

Much obliged to my road dawg Kati for the scan.

Yeah, I reread the issue and saw that. Shuri being Shuri. maybe that is the first step to T'challa getting the title back. ;D

Anyhow on another topic.
The is a huge flame war on CBR in a few different threads about Storm being preggers. ;D I admit I am the cause of it...I'm following Mr. Hudlin's motto, controversy is good.  Black Panther topics are on the front page of the Mavel section. If that happends(being prego), It would create a lot of talk, and put BP out there.

That topic (Doomwar) has far more post then the other events that were announced.

Everyone is talking about the book, and characters. Passionately. That is pretty awesome...

Offline CKW

• View Profile
    • blackpantherfanstories.wordpress.com
« Reply #544 on: October 15, 2009, 07:37:52 am »
The is a huge flame war on CBR in a few different threads about Storm being preggers.  I admit I am the cause of it.

warmonger  ;)   You got one poster over there on the verge of hyperventilating and passing out over her keyboard.

Still, Storm is okay. I've seen Ororo get face palmed by Apocalypse when she could have done a thousand different things to drop him and I've seen her captured and experimented on by Brainchild all for the sake of the story.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 10:24:25 am by CKW »

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 15, 2009, 08:27:20 am »
The is a huge flame war on CBR in a few different threads about Storm being preggers.  I admit I am the cause of it.

warmonger  ;)
;D

I mean, really I was just busting balls, but after reading the haters comments. It actually makes me want them to have one. Just to see them go crazy...hehee

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 15, 2009, 08:52:45 am »
The is a huge flame war on CBR in a few different threads about Storm being preggers.  I admit I am the cause of it.

warmonger  ;)
;D

I mean, really I was just busting balls, but after reading the haters comments. It actually makes me want them to have one. Just to see them go crazy...hehee

Everybody run over there and argue with idiots you'll never agree with over made up characters ::)

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 15, 2009, 08:55:32 am »
But Queen isn't removed from her position because of her husband is dead or incapacitated; she is removed because she can't or chooses not to replace her husband as BP.  For example, if Storm became BP, she'd still be the ruling Queen,  And in that senerio, if Doom kills Storm, T'challa would only remain king if he becomes BP again.  It isn't about a patriarchal system; it is actually a theocrasy; the church is the state/state is the church.

So just call her First Lady and not Queen because all her clout is ceremonial. And since this is a comic book and this aspect is dumb it should be changed.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 08:57:33 am by Princesa »

Offline BarbaraB

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #548 on: October 15, 2009, 08:55:45 am »
I've seen her captured and experimented on by Brainchild all for the sake of the story.

Thanks for bringing back that bad memory, CKW. I appreciate the hives.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 19, 2009, 09:31:40 am »

X-MEN FOREVER #15 & 16
Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT
Penciled by PETER VALE (#15) & TBA (#16)
Cover by TOM GRUMMETT
GREAT JUMPING ON POINT…the fate of PERFECT STORM! The last time we saw Storm, she was fleeing from the X-Men, having blinded Sabretooth and killed Logan. Now, we turn our focus to Wakanda to see what became of the evil clone of the woman that the X-Men loved and trusted. ALSO: new two-part story starting with Issue 16 as CHRIS CLAREMONT continues his landmark run on X-MEN FOREVER! Don’t miss a single panel! Plus, an extra feature detailing a timeline of what other Marvel Universe stories were occurring during the current X-Men Forever saga!
#15 - 40 PGS./Rated A …$3.99
#16 - 32 PGS./Rated A …$3.99
Pull List

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 19, 2009, 09:48:43 am »
Fill me in on what goes down when this comes out.

Offline stormwatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 19, 2009, 01:37:42 pm »

X-MEN FOREVER #15 & 16
Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT
Penciled by PETER VALE (#15) & TBA (#16)
Cover by TOM GRUMMETT
GREAT JUMPING ON POINT…the fate of PERFECT STORM! The last time we saw Storm, she was fleeing from the X-Men, having blinded Sabretooth and killed Logan. Now, we turn our focus to Wakanda to see what became of the evil clone of the woman that the X-Men loved and trusted.

?????????WHAT IS THIS ABOUT??????????????????

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 19, 2009, 01:47:32 pm »
Killing T'challa and destroying Wakanda.  >:(

I'm betting that's what it's about.

Offline moneyspider

• View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 19, 2009, 02:22:58 pm »
Killing T'challa and destroying Wakanda.  >:(

I'm betting that's what it's about.

Even if that does happen in Claremont's X-Men Forever, it won't be in continuity (thankfully). If it were, we'd definitely have a fight on our hands.

I hope I can remember to check that issue out to see what happens.

Jenn

« Reply #554 on: October 19, 2009, 11:25:54 pm »