Author Topic: Storm  (Read 391334 times)

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
Re: Storm
« Reply #555 on: October 20, 2009, 06:56:13 am »

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 20, 2009, 12:36:06 pm »
Pull List

Offline moneyspider

• View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 20, 2009, 02:35:36 pm »
I cannot wait for the day when Storm starts appearing on almost every X-Men cover (along with her appearances on Black Panther comic book covers).

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 20, 2009, 02:36:17 pm »

X-MEN FOREVER #15 & 16
Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT
Penciled by PETER VALE (#15) & TBA (#16)
Cover by TOM GRUMMETT
GREAT JUMPING ON POINT…the fate of PERFECT STORM! The last time we saw Storm, she was fleeing from the X-Men, having blinded Sabretooth and killed Logan. Now, we turn our focus to Wakanda to see what became of the evil clone of the woman that the X-Men loved and trusted. ALSO: new two-part story starting with Issue 16 as CHRIS CLAREMONT continues his landmark run on X-MEN FOREVER! Don’t miss a single panel! Plus, an extra feature detailing a timeline of what other Marvel Universe stories were occurring during the current X-Men Forever saga!
#15 - 40 PGS./Rated A …$3.99
#16 - 32 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

I guess the fact that that's the worst costume she's ever had is how we know she's evil now.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 20, 2009, 02:38:24 pm »
Pull List

Jenn

« Reply #560 on: October 20, 2009, 03:29:57 pm »
I guess the fact that that's the worst costume she's ever had is how we know she's evil now.

Oh, we've seen MUCH uglier than that.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 20, 2009, 06:00:59 pm »
I kindof like it; not the bare part of the legs and it doesn't fit Storm's look.

Offline BBeeryan

• T'Challa's namesake
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 21, 2009, 07:22:46 am »
I'll admit I do wanna read this. I always wondered what a villian Storm was capable of.
The All-Goddess, Ororo Komo Wakandas, The Walker of Clouds, La Reine Storm, The Goddess who Preserves the Balance of all Natural Things, Ororo Iqadi T'Challa, The Queen of Prophecy, Hadari Yao, The Bright Lady, The Rightful Queen of Wakanda has returned to the throne! All-Goddes be praised!

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 29, 2009, 08:00:56 pm »

As the young Ororo wanders through a difficult childhood, Xavier comes to her rescue and brings her to his school to help her develop personally, mentally and mutant-ly.

A few different concept ideas were inked before creating the final Strom. Here we have an early concept which didn’t end up becoming the Ororo we see in "Wolverine and the X-Men."

When Storm's mutant power to control weather patterns over limited areas emerged, she was worshipped as a goddess by tribes on the Serengeti Plain.

http://marvel.com/news/moviestories.10080.Animation_Exclusive~colon~_WXM_Storm
Pull List

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 29, 2009, 08:01:42 pm »
Pull List

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 29, 2009, 09:52:35 pm »
Pull List

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 29, 2009, 11:19:03 pm »

When Storm's mutant power to control weather patterns over limited areas emerged, she was worshipped as a goddess by tribes on the Serengeti Plain.

I hate when that is written about Storm. She has controlled weather on a contential, hemisphere and global scale on several occassions and even has some cosmic feats.
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline BBeeryan

• T'Challa's namesake
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: October 30, 2009, 07:30:05 am »

I hate when that is written about Storm. She has controlled weather on a contential, hemisphere and global scale on several occassions and even has some cosmic feats.

You aint the only one that hates when they deliberately put that in Storm's bio. And I love your enthusiasm.
The All-Goddess, Ororo Komo Wakandas, The Walker of Clouds, La Reine Storm, The Goddess who Preserves the Balance of all Natural Things, Ororo Iqadi T'Challa, The Queen of Prophecy, Hadari Yao, The Bright Lady, The Rightful Queen of Wakanda has returned to the throne! All-Goddes be praised!

Offline blkyoda

• View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 30, 2009, 03:58:39 pm »

X-MEN FOREVER #15 & 16
Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT
Penciled by PETER VALE (#15) & TBA (#16)
Cover by TOM GRUMMETT
GREAT JUMPING ON POINT…the fate of PERFECT STORM! The last time we saw Storm, she was fleeing from the X-Men, having blinded Sabretooth and killed Logan. Now, we turn our focus to Wakanda to see what became of the evil clone of the woman that the X-Men loved and trusted. ALSO: new two-part story starting with Issue 16 as CHRIS CLAREMONT continues his landmark run on X-MEN FOREVER! Don’t miss a single panel! Plus, an extra feature detailing a timeline of what other Marvel Universe stories were occurring during the current X-Men Forever saga!
#15 - 40 PGS./Rated A …$3.99
#16 - 32 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

So much for Claremont ignoring the Wakanda connection. I can't remember when Storm ever travelled to Wakanda in his run on the comic. Things change.

Jenn

« Reply #569 on: October 30, 2009, 04:53:32 pm »
I love how he just ignored the time line of the Bride arc and wrote his own rambling mess for the annual-with-a-little-a. I tell myself that Claremont is an OG and just doesn't give a f*ck because that's the only way I can convince myself that he's not completely senile.