Author Topic: Storm  (Read 391373 times)

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
Re: Storm
« Reply #600 on: November 16, 2009, 10:47:09 am »
BLACK PANTER LOVE. Wow...So he is in "What if"-Secrete Invasion, and once again is guess staring in the Hulk???

Now that is love man.

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 16, 2009, 02:35:04 pm »
I hope Storm actually has some impressive displays of power against Hulk in that issue. I'm not going to like it if she's on the cover but just throws a lightning bolt in one panel or something stupid like that.
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 16, 2009, 03:18:00 pm »
I hope Storm actually has some impressive displays of power against Hulk in that issue. I'm not going to like it if she's on the cover but just throws a lightning bolt in one panel or something stupid like that.

It's Red Hulk-he is going to throw her a beating.

He basically beats up a powerful member of the MU every issue.

That's his gimmick.

He sucker punched The Watcher for goodness sake.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 16, 2009, 07:12:48 pm »

That's his gimmick.

That's why I lost interest quickly.  :P

The only way to redeem him now is if he ripped the tentacles off of Omega Red. Yeow!
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 17, 2009, 03:25:25 pm »

That's his gimmick.

The only way Hulk can beat Storm is if Plot Induced Stupidity (PIS) is used in the story to make Storm lose. I confess, I don't know much about Red Hulk, but if he's just a beefed up version of Green Hulk, then Storm should be able to solo him.

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 17, 2009, 04:01:26 pm »

That's his gimmick.

The only way Hulk can beat Storm is if Plot Induced Stupidity (PIS) is used in the story to make Storm lose. I confess, I don't know much about Red Hulk, but if he's just a beefed up version of Green Hulk, then Storm should be able to solo him.

Red Hulk fits more in the world of cartoons than comics.  We actually aren't sure what all of his powers are, but at bare minimum, think a man with the military mind of Black Panther and the strength of the Hulk.  Sometimes when I see him, I get the impression he's actually the Beyonder.  (No, I don't think he is, but it's the only thing that explains him sucker punching the Watcher; or him standing equal in battle with Odin-empowered Thor.)

Offline Wakandan561

• View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 17, 2009, 04:08:44 pm »
Equal in Battle, The red Hulk took Thor out, but Storm helped take down The Red Hulk once before, she is not new to fighting with him, but 9 times out of 10 The Red Hulk will get away freaking scott free like he always does.
The Absence of Evidence is not The Evidence of Absence

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 17, 2009, 07:44:22 pm »
It would still be PIS, I mean he basically has a one-trick pony power. There so are many weapons in Storm's arsenal its ridiculous to think she even needs help to take him out. She can command the air in his lungs to leave and she can manipulate the pressure in his body. This proves that she can control the elements in people's body. Just think, she controls electrons to the extent she was able to completely dissipate a herald of Galactus with her electron control. Hulk's nervous system runs on electrons which means Storm should be able to just make his thoughts go away or snatch the electrons out of his nervous system. Without those electrical impulses, his brain has no way of telling his body what to do. She could totally immobilize him if not outright kill him. Then he has all of that moisture in his body and Storm, being Mistress of the Elements, controls moisture. She can beat him without using impressive visual power displays of sheer virtuosity.

I don't think Hulk should be able to beat Storm, the Watcher or Thor with Odin Force. What's to stop Thor from throwing him into another dimension? This is what I'm saying.

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 18, 2009, 02:53:20 am »
Every flesh and blood creature should be affected by raw electricity, barring special circumstances. It's chemistry pure and simple. I don't see how even Superman is invulnerable to it.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 18, 2009, 04:26:30 am »
Comic book physics aren't the same as real world physics.

Plus who said Red Hulk is merely flesh and blood.  Right now, Red Hulk is undefined.  He has powers the regular Hulk doesn't.  (He green Hulk's powers away.). We have no idea what are his limits, so if ignores Storm's full power, it could be Storm being written lower than Rutog thinks she should be, or RH is just that powerful.  We don't know.

That said, I hate the whole red hulk idea.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 18, 2009, 05:15:22 am »
Rulk = Loeb-verse. Rulk is his baby.
Loeb in my opinion is better suited for DC stuff...that's where most of his best work is from.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 05:18:08 am by Seven »

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 18, 2009, 05:32:49 am »

Plus who said Red Hulk is merely flesh and blood.  Right now, Red Hulk is undefined.  He has powers the regular Hulk doesn't.  (He green Hulk's powers away.). We have no idea what are his limits, so if ignores Storm's full power, it could be Storm being written lower than Rutog thinks she should be, or RH is just that powerful.  We don't know.

I wrote chemistry.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 18, 2009, 07:07:07 am »
We only know 3 things about Rulk (Red Hulk): 1) He is ex-military (from his speech) 2)the madder he get the hotter he gets like a nuke plant going critical and 3)he hates Bannerís guts. Iím guessing Rulk is either Maj. Talbot Gen. Rossí sidekick from the original Hulk run or Gen. Riker-Hulkís tormentor from a recent run. That would make sense-but then again Rulk deliberately doesnít make sense (which why the character kinda annoys me).

Rulk has only been beaten outright by Hulk and Galactus (who slapped him aside like a flea). The Thor you could call a draw: He essentially mugged Thor for his hammer in space. ::) An angry Thor quickly recovered and was about to beat Rulk to death when Hulk jumped in to beat him himself(Rulk even noted that Hulk was stupid for saving him from Thor).

The one thing I like about those comics is the little Hulk comic strips in the back with Green, Red and Blue Hulk as little kids.(!) Those strips are pretty funny.  ;D   

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 18, 2009, 11:59:33 am »

It has nothing to do with Storm being written lower than "Rutog thinks she should be," and everything to do with what Storm has actually accomplished in canon. All of that stuff I said Storm has already done or could easily do given what she has already done. Storm demonstrated the control over electrons on panel to create clothing out of thin air and to completely destroy Stardust, a Herald of Galactus. Remember how she stole electrons from that Stardust's body and sent them flying back at him/her with such force that he/she was completely dissipated? We may not know Red Hulk's full power, but he does not control the elements and certainly not like Storm, Mistress of the Elements. She controls air and wind and has controlled the air in people's lungs on panel. She has demonstrated control over air even down to the atomic level. I have encountered posters in the past that argue Hulk can simply "inhale with the power of his superhuman lungs to overcome her power over wind," but Storm has demonstrated control over the elements, including air, on a global scale and has cosmic feats with her elemental control. Her winds can level mountains, scour the surface of the world to its bedrock, strain Magneto's powers to their utmost and much more impressive than any of that, redirect the full power of Sienna Blaze who has the power to split the planet like a ripe melon. The strength of Hulk's lungs do not approach that level therefore Storm's control and power over air would superceed Hulk's lungs big time.

Now, I just read from another poster that Red Hulk gets hot when he gets mad, right? Storm controls heat. It would be awesome of the writer had Storm rob Hulk's body of all of its heat and lower his internal temperature to near absolute zero! :) Then there has to be moisture in his body and Storm controls moisture. Storm controls pressure gradients as well and we have seen her control this in the bodies of other people. What's to stop her from pulling some clever trick with this power to incapacitate any version of the Hulk?

There are just so many ways that Storm can go at a one-trick pony like the Hulk its ridiculous.

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
  • I'M MONICA RAMBEAU....IMPRESS ME
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
« Reply #614 on: November 22, 2009, 02:32:53 am »

It has nothing to do with Storm being written lower than "Rutog thinks she should be," and everything to do with what Storm has actually accomplished in canon. All of that stuff I said Storm has already done or could easily do given what she has already done. Storm demonstrated the control over electrons on panel to create clothing out of thin air and to completely destroy Stardust, a Herald of Galactus. Remember how she stole electrons from that Stardust's body and sent them flying back at him/her with such force that he/she was completely dissipated? We may not know Red Hulk's full power, but he does not control the elements and certainly not like Storm, Mistress of the Elements. She controls air and wind and has controlled the air in people's lungs on panel. She has demonstrated control over air even down to the atomic level. I have encountered posters in the past that argue Hulk can simply "inhale with the power of his superhuman lungs to overcome her power over wind," but Storm has demonstrated control over the elements, including air, on a global scale and has cosmic feats with her elemental control. Her winds can level mountains, scour the surface of the world to its bedrock, strain Magneto's powers to their utmost and much more impressive than any of that, redirect the full power of Sienna Blaze who has the power to split the planet like a ripe melon. The strength of Hulk's lungs do not approach that level therefore Storm's control and power over air would superceed Hulk's lungs big time.

Now, I just read from another poster that Red Hulk gets hot when he gets mad, right? Storm controls heat. It would be awesome of the writer had Storm rob Hulk's body of all of its heat and lower his internal temperature to near absolute zero! :) Then there has to be moisture in his body and Storm controls moisture. Storm controls pressure gradients as well and we have seen her control this in the bodies of other people. What's to stop her from pulling some clever trick with this power to incapacitate any version of the Hulk?

There are just so many ways that Storm can go at a one-trick pony like the Hulk its ridiculous.

So would you say that she can beat Sentry too?