Author Topic: Storm  (Read 391329 times)

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Storm
« Reply #615 on: November 22, 2009, 10:30:46 am »
I am not familiar with Sentry's capabilities.
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline BBeeryan

• T'Challa's namesake
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: November 22, 2009, 01:48:47 pm »
He's Marvel's Superman, along with Blue Marvel.
The All-Goddess, Ororo Komo Wakandas, The Walker of Clouds, La Reine Storm, The Goddess who Preserves the Balance of all Natural Things, Ororo Iqadi T'Challa, The Queen of Prophecy, Hadari Yao, The Bright Lady, The Rightful Queen of Wakanda has returned to the throne! All-Goddes be praised!

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 22, 2009, 01:57:30 pm »
Sentry is all-powerful, and yet not.  Morgana Le Fey killed him with mystique energies, and he just came back.  Ultron kills his wife and apparently he resurrects her.  He defeated Terrax the Tammer with easy that Thor couldn't match.  If Bendis is writing, Sentry could beat anyone and everyone, unless you take him out through the mind.  (IE mind-games.  He is very unstable.  Off-panel, Cap beat Sentry with carefully worded argument that immobolized him with doubt during CW.). He also can create more than one body that is equally powerfully as the original. 

He is like Red Hulk, we have no idea what all his powers are. 

Other writers don't write him so powerful. 

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 22, 2009, 07:28:53 pm »
I don't know Sentry, however, if you do there are a couple of things to consider when dealing with any "Storm vs." discussion. Take this as food for thought and then come to your own conclusion since you likely know Sentry much better than I do.

1) She's Mistress of the Elements and her mastery extends to controlling the elements within people'se bodies. This is one hard power to fight.  We have seen her control the air in people's lungs and the pressure within people's bodies. She has destroyed a Herald of Galactus with her control over electrons and controlled people like Hydroman. She controls moisture, Hydroman is composed of water thus he fell under her dominion. If Sentry or anybody has forces present in their bodies that falls under Storm's dominion and if these things being in tact have a direct impact on their survival or remaning conscious, then she has an advantage over them unless they have the power to dispute her dominion over said forces.  Keep in mind that Storm has power to rival the Phoenix. If any of you are new here and don't know it yet, I can do a post on this. She's like an elemental equivilent to the Phoenix. This is a woman who was able to go to the Trion dimension and wrest control of the elements from them. The Trion are the sum of an entire reality and were the "gods" of that reality. They were the forces that composed that dimension given form. So exctly who is going to wrest control over the elements from this woman? Nobody that I can think of.

2) Storm has a tremendous attack speed. She has a unity with life itself and her power flows from this connection. Read this scan: http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/6445/stormandthegalaticcore15zq.jpg
Her powers are limited by the force of her will and strength of her body and are linked to her emotions. Hence, she has been able to attack with less than a conscious thought on panel. This makes it nearly impossible to speed blitz her. Say you have a character who can move faster than thought or attack faster than thought (well, I guess Storm can fall in the latter category, lol), they can have a problem against Storm since she can command nature with less than a conscious thought and nature carries out her will before her conscious mind can even catch up with what has transpired.
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/2803/lessthanacnsciousthoughfo4.jpg

So a writer can have Storm beat pretty much whomever they need her to beat.

3) What I am about to post about Storm vs. telekinetics can be applied to many other characters with similar type powers as well.

Against a telekinetic, Storm's best defense may be a strong offense. She could strain a telekinetic out by assaulting them with elemental assaults that force them to continually put all of their concentration into maintaining a shield until pass out from the strain. One advantage Storm has with her powers is once she sets up an attack, she doesn't have to concentrate to keep it going. Nature will do that for her. Hence, in some cases, she's whipped up hurricanes in fights and was knocked out. The hurricane still raged on until it ran out of energy on its own. So Storm can create an instant storm against a telekinetic. The TK now has to create a force field and anchor themselves against her attack (keep in mind that due to the inherent nature of Storm's powers, her attacks are continual. A hurricane, for instance, does not let up, but strikes continually). So while th TK is doing this and getting tired, Storm is not expending any energy for the storm to keep going as nature continues her attack for her. She can then fly around and use her hand lightning and direct the winds to hammer the field with all objects in the area to add to the stress until the TK passes out.

I can produce scans of her stressing out Jean Grey's TK in such a manner without even trying.

Well, I'll just do a scan now:
http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/2700/hruncanny20xmen2032020lsw8.jpg

Storm's target was Legion, not Jean Grey as they were on the same team. Jean was only getting a taste of what Storm was dishing out against Legion and look how it taxed Jean Grey. Storm's attack was so ferocious that she broke the rules of nature.

4) Then we have the brute force Storm can dish out. Remember how I talked about Sienna Blaze?

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/797/xmenunlimited0114oe7.jpg
http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/763/xmenunlimited0141wh5.jpg
http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/1756/xmenunlimited0142fb5.jpg

Note that Sienna's blast are said to be similar to the power of the Phoenix.  

Circa Excalibur issue 72 or73, Sienna Blaze casually tossed a blast at Nightcralwer that had enough power to fry him to a crisp, sink Muir Island and half of Scotland Mainland. In the issue where she battled Storm, Sienna Blaze has enough power to split the planet like a ripe melon. Xavier telepathically forced Sienna to unleash all of the power she had to temporarily burn her out. He succeeded as she admitted this. Furthermore, she could barely speak or stand. Storm summoned an electrically-charged wind tunnel to redirect Sienna's full power when she did that blast  that burned out Sienna's powers. The issue stated that Scott just sat there and blasted in case any of Sienna's energy got away from Storm's vortex.

There are TONS more scans of Storm doing impressive feats of raw power as you all know. She's summoned the full power of a galactic core which included the power of millions of stars, she's wielded the power of the solar wind and she controlled the elements globally to create a weather shield around the planet to deflect a planet-destroying blast from the sun. The sun's resources are greater than that of a planet's, so she amped up the power of her shield by pulling gamma rays out of a gamma ray gun and fused it with the energies of her elemental shield (just goes to show how much energy she can wield), she defeated the Trion, she controlled a hemisphere-sized hurricane and  channeled a continent-sized blizzard through her body. She has winds strong enough to level mountains, strain Magneto's powers to the utmost and scour she surface of the world to its bedrock (however, the winds she would have had to use to redirect Sienna Blaze's full power like that would actually dwarf these wind feats, but they are still impressive and worth mentioning). She completely destroyed a herald of Galactus (who was able to reconstitute himself/herself after she destroyed him/her- I am unfamiliar with Stardust's gender) and the list goes on.

5) Storm is innately attuned to her environment. She can feel movement in her environment (heck, she was in Africa and was able to "feel" Cyclops moving through the air in the Blackbird over the United States and literally blasted him out of the sky with a lightning bolt while half a world away). She can detect energy, shifts in energy fields, she can detect the life force in all living things and can perceive the world as patterns of energy and forces that she can bend to her will. This also allows her to see through matter. For instance, she has been able to see through walls with this ability as well as cast her vision over an entire continent. I have scans for all of this if anyone doubts it. So really sneaking up on her is impossible if the writer uses this aspect of her powers.

6) The lady has an indomitable will. Her powers are limited by the force of her will and strength of her body. She has proven to have the will to best psis like Xavier, Shadow King and Bogan even when the power of other psis are added to one of these. To boot, the electrical energy in her nervous system affords an extra measure of protection against invading telepaths. She has displayed the ability to amp up this electrical power in her body to literally fry an invading telepath out of her mind with a massive feedback. Its the equiviland of the psi grabbing ahold of a lightning bolt! ouch! Eternity is essentially the sum of everything and Storm had the strength of spirit to house his essence in his body. This is a feat that would have killed others including the Silver Surfer as stated in the issue. So telepaths are out.

7) If Storm is up against a techno opponent like Iron Man or Ultron, she can get an real easy win here. Iron Man's suit requires power to run, power that Storm controls. With just a thought, Storm can make that power go away just like she did to a Skrull space ship in the scan below:

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/5516/emdownpf3.jpg

Actually, in Iron Man's case, since he's still human, she can go at him other ways too. She could, for instance, command the air in his lungs and beat him that way.

There are still more nuances to Storm's powerset, however, as you can see Storm has a very potent arsenal and skill set that's very, very hard to beat.

This is just food for thought when you're thinking about Storm vs. anybody. :D

« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 08:09:30 pm by Rutog98 »

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: November 22, 2009, 11:28:20 pm »
Guys,

Do you remember how I always go on about maturity being a recurring motive in Storm's character? (I go on about it everytime the Dickey mini is brought up.) I always cite how it was written into her physical development as well. Here are the scans to back that up in case I have not posted them already in this thread:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/7756/uxm113pg056ac.jpg
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5928/uxm113pg064ug.jpg

The X-Men's (including Phoenix, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Banshee etc) powers are neutralized and are reduced to physical prowess of infants, Storm manages to get the lockpicks out of her tiara, and almost pick a complicated lock she's never seen before (later in the issue she succeeds). Also, she notes that at 6 months she had the coordination of a young girl:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 02:04:30 am by Rutog98 »

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #620 on: November 22, 2009, 11:53:09 pm »
Guys,

Do you know how I always go on about maturity being a recurring motive in Storm's character. (I go on about it everytime the Dickey mini is brought up). I always cite how it was written into her physical development as well. Here are the scans to back that up in case I have not posted them already in this thread:

The X-Men's (including Phoenix, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Banshee etc) powers are neutralized and are reduced to physical prowess of infants, Storm manages to get the lockpicks out of her tiara, and almost pick a complicated lock she's never seen before (later in the issue she succeeds). Also, she notes that at 6 months she had the coordination of a young girl:

Even though I still favor the EJD mini...those scans still make me say DAMN
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 23, 2009, 12:14:20 am »
Guys,

Do you know how I always go on about maturity being a recurring motive in Storm's character. (I go on about it everytime the Dickey mini is brought up). I always cite how it was written into her physical development as well. Here are the scans to back that up in case I have not posted them already in this thread:

Even though I still favor the EJD mini...those scans still make me say DAMN

LOL! She gets it right the second time and frees everyone though it is done off panel.

Pretty nifty! ;)

Jenn

« Reply #622 on: November 23, 2009, 01:35:39 am »
How in the world did she get that thing off the ground?

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: November 23, 2009, 01:53:55 am »
How in the world did she get that thing off the ground?

The robot nanny Magneto left to take care of them placed it back on Storm's head more securely. The robot was unaware that Storm was trying to escape and assumed that it just fell off.

Pretty nifty! ;)

Jenn

« Reply #624 on: November 23, 2009, 02:14:51 am »
Poor robot nanny. Was probably killed for its trouble. :(

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
  • I'M MONICA RAMBEAU....IMPRESS ME
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
« Reply #625 on: November 23, 2009, 02:53:54 am »

This is Sentry

I'm asking you because you feel that Storm can beat the Hulk and the Sentry couldn't even beat him, and he's considered an all powerful god by the Marvel elite...., even that whore Emma said he was ( I can't stand her)..lol but I digress, it was more of a stalemate plus Stark had to use high powered satellites on both of them, then again he used it on the Hulk because Hulk was beginning to destroy the east coast.

Emma calls him a god

I'm a fan of Storm and I'll get behind her and all when it comes to a vs battle, but it has to be within reason and part of her arsenal and her powerset within comic cannon. Come on..... Storm beat Hulk? Even during WWH she couldn't even stop him with the F4 and BP's help.

Hulk vs Sentry

What is her defense against him? His thunderclap, a long jump attack or him throwing a bolder at her. I would think she would tire b4 her attacks started to faze him in any way.

Everything she would throw at him would be like walking through a light rain storm to him. He's invulnerable and has a healing factor. Even the then Sorcerer Supreme Dr. Strange couldn't stop him with an attack to his mind with magic.
Let's not 4get that the madder the hulk gets the stronger he gets.

IMHO I don't see her winning this at all.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 03:11:58 am by Tahdigga »

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
  • I'M MONICA RAMBEAU....IMPRESS ME
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
« Reply #626 on: November 23, 2009, 03:15:15 am »
Guys,

Do you remember how I always go on about maturity being a recurring motive in Storm's character? (I go on about it everytime the Dickey mini is brought up.) I always cite how it was written into her physical development as well. Here are the scans to back that up in case I have not posted them already in this thread:

I have this book..it's a good feats issue as far as her lock picking skills go. :)

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 23, 2009, 05:54:35 am »
There little chance of Storm beating the Sentry using her powers. He is Deus Ex Machina on HGH, Roids to the 100th power.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 23, 2009, 07:15:14 am »
Right now, barring a few exceptions, Sentry is classified as the MOST POWERFUL hero of all.  Well, when Bendis and couple others are writing him. 

Other writers bring him down to the level of the rest of the big hitters.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: November 23, 2009, 07:46:21 am »
Really. He's the lamest character in marvel. :-X I hope Thor stomps him, then throws his ass into one of his dimensional rifts.

When you have to write a character down like that, then he should not be that powerful.