Author Topic: Storm  (Read 360714 times)

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Storm
« Reply #945 on: January 05, 2022, 06:14:47 am »
Marvel Just Introduced a New Black Panther

http://comicbook.com/marvel/news/marvel-new-black-panther-storm-ororo-timeless-comic-spoilers-kang/

Luke Cage and Storm step forward for Marvel Black History Month covers

http://www.gamesradar.com/marvel-black-history-month-2022/

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: January 05, 2022, 06:48:36 am »
 I collected all the AAIP covers by Inhyuck Lee, I think I try for these too.

I feel like that Storm story is going to be some alternate future where all the heroes have died. And these are the replacements. But it will get undone by the end of the story.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 07:24:51 am by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: January 05, 2022, 01:53:51 pm »
I wish marvel would stop trying to leech Storm onto T'Challas stuff. MJ makes sense for spiderman somewhat because she is part of the franchise. Storm does not (If it is her) so why are they constantly using his franchise to her benefit?

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #948 on: January 05, 2022, 02:10:12 pm »
I wish marvel would stop trying to leech Storm onto T'Challas stuff. MJ makes sense for spiderman somewhat because she is part of the franchise. Storm does not (If it is her) so why are they constantly using his franchise to her benefit?

Like RH, I'm a humongous supporter of T'CHORRO. For life. These two characters are fantastic for each other. The White writers in charge of Ororo and the mutants on the other hand..? Different story.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: January 05, 2022, 02:47:51 pm »
Not just white writers though. It was a good try but ultimately it has been one thing that won't ever go away it seems
They have been divorced longer than they have been together and it NEVER benefits T'Challa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: January 05, 2022, 07:02:54 pm »
Not just white writers though. It was a good try but ultimately it has been one thing that won't ever go away it seems
They have been divorced longer than they have been together and it NEVER benefits T'Challa

I have not seen an ALKEBULAN/AFRIKAN writer script a single word making the T'Chorro relationship bad. When RH wrote it? T'CHORRO was absolutely the best match in comics history. I think that the problems reside squarely with the White writers, TurnCoates writers, and 616 Editorial. The characters do what the writers want. The writers do what their bosses say. There ya go.

No disrespect, brutha...
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: January 06, 2022, 04:11:43 am »
Right, and no matter if Hudlin, or Redjack or anyone else who would be respectful and have a good showing of it,  at the end of the day, T'Challa will ALWAYS get shade thrown at him or be punked by Storm when the next x writer comes in.

Hell Marvel let Vita's 3rd tier x book completely dismantle the relationship that Coates wasted all that time on and he showed that he was trying to prove to everyone how much he wanted to do a Storm solo. That just shows how much hate there is from x writers when it comes to black males and T'Challa specifically.

Which is why I Hope Ridley doesn't punk T'Challa out in his own book for issue 200, AND I hope he finally lays the relationship to rest for good do T'Challa can have healthy relationships with a LI that is from his franchise. That timeless teaser with the potential of Storm taking the mantle is just ridiculous. Literally makes zero sense at all because she isn't in from his franchise

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: January 06, 2022, 04:20:16 am »
Right, and no matter if Hudlin, or Redjack or anyone else who would be respectful and have a good showing of it,  at the end of the day, T'Challa will ALWAYS get shade thrown at him or be punked by Storm when the next x writer comes in.

Hell Marvel let Vita's 3rd tier x book completely dismantle the relationship that Coates wasted all that time on and he showed that he was trying to prove to everyone how much he wanted to do a Storm solo. That just shows how much hate there is from x writers when it comes to black males and T'Challa specifically.

Which is why I Hope Ridley doesn't punk T'Challa out in his own book for issue 200, AND I hope he finally lays the relationship to rest for good do T'Challa can have healthy relationships with a LI that is from his franchise. That timeless teaser with the potential of Storm taking the mantle is just ridiculous. Literally makes zero sense at all because she isn't in from his franchise

What happened in Vita's book between T'Challa and Storm? I do try to avoid most of the books with Ayala's name on them, though I did read one of their Static's and also Nubia #1.

How did Coates depict the T'Challa/Storm relationship? I also stopped reading a lot of his run, though I did see he was bringing Storm into his stories, which I did approve of, but I just didn't want to see what Coates had in store for them. So he actually did right by the relationship?

Personally I loved the Storm/T'Challa relationship/marriage, but I'm more along with your thinking that Marvel won't let them be together and instead will use when they are together to down T'Challa. I would rather Ridley just create a new love interest, or bring back Monica Lynne. Before Storm, I thought Hudlin had created some sparks between Monica Rambeau and T'Challa, and I wouldn't have minded seeing that relationship develop back then. That said, with Rambeau now getting more spotlight in the MCU that could be a brake on making her bigger in the BP books. So, the safest creative choice would be for Ridley, or whoever, to go back to Lynne or best to create a new character whole cloth.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 04:24:25 am by Emperorjones »

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: January 06, 2022, 06:28:19 am »
To answer what happened with Vita i first have to address Coates. The short answer. No, Coates did not portray the relationship that well. He had Storm just swoop back into Wakanda, everyone loved her and worshipped her as a goddess then at the end of season 2 he had literally every Wakandan bow and pray to Storm, making her into a goddess of Wakanda to beat the adversary. Who was the seemingly last minute reveal and basically threw T'Challa and Wakanda under the bus to give Storm a feat and to beat the big bad on T'Challas book.

Then for his intergalactic Wakanda series, Coates wastes our time with T'Challa developing what was a decent relationship and one that would of actually been a good LI for T'Challa in what we call Nu-nakia (this is of course after the horrible spin off Wakanda forever In which nnedi essentially turns Priest Nakia into a cracked out looking zombie then ultimately kills her) all for that to culminate into wasted potential because T'Challa keeps thinking of Storm. That fizzles out and when he gets back to earth Storm punks Nu'Nakia and shade throws T'Challa by basically telling her that her job is to keep T'Challa happy while she's away doing whatever. So Coates spends years building the relationship (more to Storms benefit)

Then in a 3rd tier x book Vita has Storm come to Wakanda while T'Challa is away, saying she needs some new never before heard of storm maker sword that was partly responsible for Wakandas success, she is on a big hurry and can't wait for T'Challa because some big battle is coming up and she CANNOT WAIT. So she goes on to break into the facility holding the sword, take out the guards, beats up Shuri, and when she gets the sword T'Challa shows up, she shade throws saying she can't wait for him to decide when he is going to answer at his own leisure, and then he lets her take the sword much to his people's disapproval.

In the end of the book, not even everyone was there for this battle coming up they still had to wait for 2+3 more people to show up so the whole issue seems that much more ridiculous and dumb and it basically tanked the relationship and destroyed all the wasted time Coates spent building it up.

Storm Being around T'Challa is nothing but stereotypical negative Black male and Black female drama with T'Challa always getting the short end of the stick

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: January 06, 2022, 06:32:09 am »
I'll say this, it would of been 1090% better of Hudlin paired T'Challa up with Rambeau over Storm. Way less backlash, at this point they would still likely be together and would be considered the premier black power couple, and both would of likely had mutual benefits because Monica fans wouldn't of been foaming at the mouth talking about how T'Challa is riding on her popularity (which is ironically what Storm is doing T'Challa now)

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: January 06, 2022, 08:56:38 am »
I'll say this, it would of been 1090% better of Hudlin paired T'Challa up with Rambeau over Storm. Way less backlash, at this point they would still likely be together and would be considered the premier black power couple, and both would of likely had mutual benefits because Monica fans wouldn't of been foaming at the mouth talking about how T'Challa is riding on her popularity (which is ironically what Storm is doing T'Challa now)

Thanks for breaking this all down for me. Glad I skipped these books. A few days ago, Kindle had basically all of Coates' BP run for under $30. Because I liked a lot of the art during his run I was tempted, but I was glad I decided not to buy. And as I said, with Vita Ayala I've already learned, the hard way, what time it is with them. (Though to be fair, I did think the one issue of Static I read wasn't that bad, however I'm not eager to read more).
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 09:00:48 am by Emperorjones »

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: January 08, 2022, 03:06:22 pm »

I see and respect exactly where you're coming from, brother. I don't think you were here when the Storm fans came rushing onto one of the previous HEF boards, trying to diss us and T'Challa for daring to be down with Ororo. I and several OG HEFfas definitely responded with persistent vigor and logic, and we actually made a lot of Storm fans into friends and fans of both T'Challa and T'Chorro, including the person I contend to this day is the ultimate Storm fan: the mighty Rutog.

But lemme make this clear. I don't give a flying EFF WORD what the X-Office thinks of T'Challa. Bleep them foolz if they're haters.

But. Real talk? I don't see them going back to their inbred hating on T'Challa in a serious way, unless they're able to counter the huge amount of momentum, fame, etc that T'Challa has generated. Basically BP 2 would have to succeed in dumping T'Challa into the past, and that won't happen. Celebrating our own Chadwick Boseman will simultaneously catapult T'Challa into prominence...

...and if they mess around and recast T'Challa for BP 2? This will be absolutely bonkers. BP 2 will come out and smash the previous record or be a very respectable Top 5.

Who the heck is Vita? What has he done? I haven't been on anything BP since TurnCoates' arrival. I've read Nightwing, Shang Chi, Elektra, non TurnCoates CAP, of course Deathstroke by CJP [ bout to read it again ], Jason Aaron BP, Blade #1, etc etc. But BP? Nah. I only just got back onboard with Ridley's book.

You know what? I actually like Hickman's idea that Storm is pregnant with BP's twins, because it's a continuation of RH's idea. What I don't like is if the X-Writers get to write the kids into the X-Books without an overall guideline and agreement from Ridley. Because I don't trust the well proven racists in X-Editorial. They'll slap T'Challa with their adult Depends every chance they get.

Unless.

Feige ain't havin that. And given the direction of the MCU? I don't think that's what's happening. I think that we need to take Storm back to her Blackness, back to the RH incarnation days, even the CJP incarnation days [ but not with CJP's idea that BP and Storm break up; heck no on that ]. Now. More than ever. With ALKEBULAN aka Afrika's surging importance on the world stage? We can NOT allow them to have total control of our people...even if "they" made Storm first [ which they did, of course ]. Wheresoever we can? We DEFINITELY SHOULD rock Storm with her authentic ALKEBULAN voice, and lock her up with T'Challa. Because only T'Challa could pull a Johnny Gill on Storm and Rub Her The Right Way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUvtlmlBbDg

BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: January 09, 2022, 12:58:46 am »
X-Men Red ropes in Storm, Magneto, Abigail Brand, and more for a Game of Thrones-esque political slugfest

http://www.gamesradar.com/x-med-red-marvel/

Marvel's Destiny of X Fights for Mars in the New X-Men: Red Series

http://gizmodo.com/marvels-destiny-of-x-fights-for-mars-in-the-new-x-men-1848317036

Marvel Cancelled Plans to Bring Black Panther & Storm's Son into Can

http://screenrant.com/black-panther-storm-son-azari-marvel-canon/
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 01:09:59 am by Emperorjones »

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: January 09, 2022, 06:42:23 am »
I disagree S.I. the x office, no matter what anyone does, will ALWAYS get their toys back, Coates punked out Wakanda and T'Challa to give Storm a feat and made her a literal goddess of Wakanda. And what does x office do? They have Vita (Vita is a.. non-binary woman, or I dunno if that's the correct pronoun to use, forgive my ignorance) in a 3rd tier x book trash talk T'Challa after she breaks into a Wakandan facility and steals an artifact and beats up Shuri. And how do they write T'Challa? Head down like a scolded child.

There's too much animosity between x office and Black characters, especially T'Challa, who. They have no control over.

I think under good writers, T'Challa and Storm could of flourished, been THE premier black power couple and one of THE biggest of no biggest power couples in comics. But that was squandered. It's time to let it go for good. It literally does Zero benefits to T'Challa whatsoever.

He needs a LI from his franchise or atleast one that isn't so volatile. I really would of rather Hudlin paired T'Challa up with Monica. That would of been a good story

Offline BlackClaw

• Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared! Be prepared!
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: January 09, 2022, 07:21:14 am »
I disagree S.I. the x office, no matter what anyone does, will ALWAYS get their toys back, Coates punked out Wakanda and T'Challa to give Storm a feat and made her a literal goddess of Wakanda. And what does x office do? They have Vita (Vita is a.. non-binary woman, or I dunno if that's the correct pronoun to use, forgive my ignorance) in a 3rd tier x book trash talk T'Challa after she breaks into a Wakandan facility and steals an artifact and beats up Shuri. And how do they write T'Challa? Head down like a scolded child.

There's too much animosity between x office and Black characters, especially T'Challa, who. They have no control over.

I think under good writers, T'Challa and Storm could of flourished, been THE premier black power couple and one of THE biggest of no biggest power couples in comics. But that was squandered. It's time to let it go for good. It literally does Zero benefits to T'Challa whatsoever.

He needs a LI from his franchise or atleast one that isn't so volatile. I really would of rather Hudlin paired T'Challa up with Monica. That would of been a good story

I still think turning Monica Lynne into an inhuman during the Inhumans push would’ve been a great idea.