Author Topic: Storm  (Read 384611 times)

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Storm
« Reply #510 on: October 13, 2009, 07:34:33 pm »
Is Storm doing anything in X-Men? What did she do while they were in San Francisco? The fight between her and Namora doesn't impress me. That's just another superheroine chick fight. And who's bright idea was it to relocate to Asteroid M? Didn't Storm once question X-Factor's decision to have the Ship allow only mutants into itself?
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 13, 2009, 07:49:39 pm »
Jenn has a few good points on her opinion of the series...agreed.

Actually, she raises some very good points. I have never contested that and I once harbored the same concerns that plagues her.  I just held hope that Storm will shine and the writer has given his word on that.  This schism between the book's fans is rooted in the fact that Storm has been stripped of her title as queen just because T'challa got hurt and her lack of passion, fire and vengeance about T'challa's attack. By all rights, Storm should be the one ruling Wakanda now. I don't think that means she has to be the new Panther. I mean, the Panther God turned Shuri down. When Shuri became the Black Panther, I took it more symbolically since she doesn't have the herb and all. One would expect that if T'challa were to somehow be rendered incapacitated, his wife and queen, Storm, would step in to take over leadership (as queen, she should have a hand in the leadership even with T'challa in full health). It would only be natural. One would also expect that she would retain her role as the country's protector. I don't think Storm should be left out as she has been and she is being written out-of-character right now. That trademark fire and passion is missing. She should be on the case about T'challa's attacker. She and Shuri should be working together with Storm handling things domestically and Shuri doing the leg work abroad. This is what I would have liked to see, but who knows, what may turn out may be something better than I could have imagined. That said, the writing is very good and we are going to start seeing some Storm action soon.

This is the solicitation for next month's issue that I posted back in August. It helped to alleviate concerns I had back then:

BLACK PANTHER #10
Written by JONATHAN MABERRY
Penciled by WILL CONRAD
Cover by PAUL RENAUD
“POWER,” PART 4
Wakanda is under siege on all fronts.  Storm brings her weather powers to bear against an unnatural force that threatens to sweep the land with blight and famine...T’Challa takes another step into the dark and destructive world of vengeance...and the new Black Panther prepares for a showdown with the last person linked to the assassination attempt on her brother: Prince Namor.
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

I know that Storm is coming back with a vengeance and the writer that is going to be writing it is a good one. I was feeling like Jenn and Barbara at first, but did not want to criticize much until I learned more about the future plans for Storm by reading solits for future months. I saw the solits, I liked them, then I got the word of the writer that Storm is going to be awesome. I chose to look at the positive in  Maberry until I learned more and am glad that I was optimistic.

I just read an advanced copy of X-Men Forever today. There was no Storm, of course, since she is a bad guy now. It's just a continuation of another sentinel story with a couple of members of the team to confront the threat. Though I enjoy CC's writing very much, I find that I don't really care for an X-Men lineup without Storm and I care less about sentinels. I mean, I won't get to see Storm for two more issues and then it will only be kid Storm. I am unsure as to whether or not I will be sticking with Forever. If I elect to drop that book, it will make BP my only comic save for the upcoming "Necrosha" story arc in X-Force which I am buying for the villain. lol

I think Storm is going to go postal in Doomwar.   8)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 08:59:10 pm by Rutog98 »
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 13, 2009, 07:54:32 pm »
Is Storm doing anything in X-Men? What did she do while they were in San Francisco? The fight between her and Namora doesn't impress me. That's just another superheroine chick fight. And who's bright idea was it to relocate to Asteroid M? Didn't Storm once question X-Factor's decision to have the Ship allow only mutants into itself?

I don't read X-Men anymore, but I would say she isn't doing didly there, hence I don't read it.  ;D

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Pretty nifty! ;)

Jenn

« Reply #513 on: October 13, 2009, 08:26:41 pm »
I know that Storm is coming back with a vengeance and the writer that is going to be writing it is a good one.

Would that be before or after she gets kidnapped?

I saw the solits, I liked them, then I got the word of the writer that Storm is going to be awesome.

What did you think he was going to say? "I still don't know what the hell to do with Storm, so we're going to have her kidnapped. After all, you just can't get enough Shuri!"
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 08:28:41 pm by Jenn »

Offline BarbaraB

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #514 on: October 13, 2009, 08:41:22 pm »
So Storm would tell him not to have a army (because they are a army) because they are female?

It's a female army that he's keeping from his wife. He could at least give her the heads up that their is a fleet of "wives in training" in the basement ready to whip hers and anyone else's asses for their man. Oh, and he goes down there when he gets pissed off at her. (BP #7?) I'll admit that I was wary of the Dora Milaje from the beginning though.

If I like kid Storm, I will stick with the title, if I don't like her, I will drop the title. I am not sticking around for the every now and then arc where villain, adult Storm shows up to threaten the team.

I'm with you. I also think kid Storm, and even villain Storm could make for very interesting characters.

This is why if I wrote comics I would not even LOOK at fan feedback. EVER.

I know I wouldn't be able to handle it, but I think that is a weakness on my part. If you can read feedback and still write without losing your soul (or your mind) you have a great tool at your disposal.

I get that some folks are Storm fans first, marriage fans second and B.P. fans third, but dag, the title of the book is still Black Panther last I checked, not Storm and Friends.

Moreover, in story Black Panther is a title than can be lost by its holder. So if TChalla aint Black Panther the story follows the person who is, Princess Regent or a Cop trying to make detective.

See, you act like people are asking for Black Panther to turn into a Storm solo book and that's not the case.  Shuri being chosen as the Panther when Storm, the Storm is hanging around and not being used is my problem. I understand that Shuri's been training for this her whole life, and there's an order, and so on. I get it. I do.

So JOB ONE for him is payback.  Heck, job one for SHURI as the new Panther is payback but she doesnt know where to look yet. How can you logically have Storm get that payback by herself without undermining everything the Panthers stand for?

I guess you use the same logic that allowed Shuri to be the new Panther over Storm.

I guess on some level I'm like those RO/LO worshippers who believe they will put Storm and Wolverine together one day so they snatch at the bones that Marvel throws them once in a while.

They have a lot of meat since Storm is being kidnapped and rescued by Wolverine. (LOLOLOLOL) Have you ever gotten news so bad that you just laughed out loud because you didn't know what else to do? I swear to God, I feel like somebody is on top of my chest and the air is slowly seeping out of my lungs. (Fellow martial artists will know *exactly* what I mean.)

I took that Wolverine thing with a grain of salt. I assumed they just through his name out there to attract more people when they really mean the X-Men as a whole. He'll be there because he is Wolverine. We both know that whatever the real meaning is the ROLO heads will still see a deeper connection.
I actually like when genuine friendship between Storm and the X-Men, as rare as it is, is shown. One of my favorite moments was in an issue of UXM (460 I'm pretty sure) just before House of M, when Colossus had just come back from the dead. The X-Men were getting into some kind of petty argument when Storm just flew down and gave Colossus a big welcome back hug, and that just shut everybody up.

Doomwar has my attention. I like all the players too. I'm not going to think about it until it starts coming out though. When I read about Storm's execution I had a couple of nightmarish flashes of "Rogue Storm" in UXM 147 http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/thumb/b/b2/Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_147.jpg/300px-Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_147.jpgin that damned loin cloth. Only this time in doggystyle position in a damn guillotine like some freak ass fanboy's wet dream.

I'm a Storm fan. Not a BP fan. He's okay, but I'm only here for the Storm.

Let me correct that. Misty Knight and Deadpool are two that I like a lot, but Misty ain't never in anything. I pickup a Deadpool from time to time, but I wouldn't make the trip to the comic store just for him.There are other characters I like, and pay attention to, but not enough to buy their books.

Right now, all I want to do is get my admins/officers straight and get the f*ck out of here for a while.

See you shouldn't have even mentioned that. I refuse to do my part in helping you get your admins straight. Nope! Not doin' it. You gotta stay.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 12:08:16 am by BarbaraB »

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 13, 2009, 08:51:00 pm »
I know that Storm is coming back with a vengeance and the writer that is going to be writing it is a good one.

Would that be before or after she gets kidnapped?

I saw the solits, I liked them, then I got the word of the writer that Storm is going to be awesome.

What did you think he was going to say? "I still don't know what the hell to do with Storm, so we're going to have her kidnapped. After all, you just can't get enough Shuri!"

I have a feeling that Storm is not going to just be chained up for the whole story doing nothing until the very end. If Doom is going to kidnap her, she likely isn't going down without a fight. After being captured, she's an expert escape artist and a natural born leader. She may end up busting free on her own and rallying up the other prisoners of Doom to keep the guards busy while she makes her getaway to settle the score with promises to come back for them later. Then you have Storm on trial? We all know that Storm is a very charismatic speaker, very intelligent and indomitably-willed. I'd like to read the dialogue between Storm and Doom for this. She's going to have some insults for him that's going to hit hard at his ego and she's going to take him apart as a person. Also, if she finds out that Doom hurt her husband and you add to the fact that he kidnapped her, she's going to go postal. Either one of these two facts alone would be enough to get her to go to town. I'm just saying we don't know the details of the story and all that Storm is going to be doing there. There are many ways this thing can go.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 09:00:33 pm by Rutog98 »

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 13, 2009, 09:06:35 pm »

Doomwar has my attention. I like all the players too. I'm not going to think about it until it starts coming out though. When I read about Storm's execution I had a couple of nightmarish flashes of "Rogue Storm" in UXM 147 http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/thumb/b/b2/Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_147.jpg/300px-Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_147.jpgin that damned loin cloth. Only this time in doggystyle position in a damn guillotine like some freak ass fanboy's wet dream.

For new readers who don't know about the "Roguestorm" thing, here goes (feel free to skip if you already know):

it was 1979 from Rampage Magazine(UK)

The interviewer (someone called Richard Burton, I'll abbreviate it to RB) is asking Chris various questions, working through the characters...

"RB: Storm next...

Chris Claremont: Storm is basically what she is...a goddess, a three-dimensional goddess, if such a thing is possible.

RB: When the new X-Men first appeared Storm was probably the most powerful and dramatic member. Do you feel now that she's been slightly upstaged by Phoenix?

Chris Claremont: No. In equal terms of raw power, they're approximately equal.

Jean can maintain a higher burst...she can peak higher than Storm but she can't hold it for long. The thing with Storm is that all we've done till now is show her throwing lightning bolts and creating hurricanes, but she can do far more. Phoenix is more visual - the 'bird effect' is more spectacular. So the gist of it is that they complement each other. They do different things in different ways."

Okay, there is the interview. Now, here is Uncanny 145-147: (The cover of 147 stated "We did it once, dare we do it again," in allusion to the Dark Phoenix Saga.)

As stated in that interview, Storm's powers are equal to Phoenix. However, at that time, Phoenix's powers were tempered by Jean's humanity. Same holds true for Ororo. Her powers are tempered by her humanity. In the case of Phoenix, when Jean's humanity was removed, nothing was there to restrain the power and DP was born. It had near-infinite power, but kept growing and reaching for ultimate power. However, it was stopped before that. DP stated that she had limits still and did not like this. This was before she consumed the star. However, the Watcher let us know  that DP could have attained ultimate power and been second only to the Creator had she kept going and not been stopped.

In the case of Storm, when her humanity was stripped, she also had near-infinite power and was reaching for ultimate power. It was in her grasp. However, she brought herself under control rather than continuining down that mad god road of the DP. Both had the potential to grasp ultimate power in their reach.  Storm simply refused it while Phoenix was stopped before she reached it.

If Storm were to let go of her blocks and delve into her powers and kept reaching for the higher power levels, she would reach ultimate and unlimited power.

We know in Uncanny 165-166 that Storm can perceive the universe as patterns of energy and forces and bend it to its will. This includes stars, planets, empty space, etc.

Right now, Storm has the power of a goddess, but she is limited to her flesh and blood body. However, as stated in X-Treme issue 5, she will one day transcend humanity and evolve into a true goddess.

Somebody also asked me why Storm sometimes struggles to dispel a hurricane.

Here is the answer to that question:

That is because she holds herself back especially when working in a planatary atmosphere. When she went "punk", she let go of some her "blocks" and things that were difficult for her when she was "gentle" became much easier owing to her lack of restraint.

This is why when she was Rougestorm, she had such a difficult time stopping that storm she created. Colossus has brought her back to her moral core and she was working within those boundaries when she was trying to disperse that storm that she created as Rougestomr. She would not allow herself to ride roughshod over it. She forced herself to gently disperse it. She does this for the sake of the ecosystem. (However, sometimes she just speaks directly to the storm and commands it to disperse and it does instantly. lol)

Thor, on the other hand, does not have to be so cautious as his hammer does all the work and he does not. All he has to do is tap his hammer the prerequisite time or just will the hammer to do it and that little dohickey does it all.

Now, I did not say this, but there are stories where Ororo alters weather on a HUGE scale. For instance, even before she joined the X-Men, she dispersed a hemisphere-sized hurricane in "X-Men: The Hidden Years issue 7." She has altered weather on a continental scale more than once and globally as well.

Storm is reluctant to impose her will on natural hurricanes since that is the natural order of things. She could disperse them, of course, but it could trigger an equally devistating disaster. 

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline jonathanmaberry

• View Profile
    • Jonathan Maberry's Big Scary Blog
« Reply #517 on: October 13, 2009, 09:06:58 pm »
Guys, before anyone actually blows a gasget...here are a few things to consider:

Is the book going to immediately shift back to presenting Storm as a major character before DoomWar?  Sure, but that'll happen in a way that suits the story I'm telling.  I'm drawing on her as an earth goddes, someone whose power to control storms and rain is far more important to the needs of Wakanda than how many goons in spandex she spanks.

Will Storm get to fight? Yes, of course she will.  But at a point in time that is both logical and story appropriate.

Does that means she's a damsel in distress?  That's the sort of thing that might be suggested or believed by fans who don't know who Storm is.  She's not the prisoner of the Three Stoges.  She's the prisoner of Doctor Doom.  And there's something about her physical condition that explains why T'Challa has kept her out of the line of battle.

Will she get to kicks some ass during DoomWar. Oh hell yes.  I'm building some real 'moments' for her when we see what happens when Storm lets out ALL of the stops.  Payback is going to be a bitch.

Is Shuri really the Black Panther?  Yes she damn well is.  She is the title chracter of the book for the present time, and that comes all the way from the top.

Am I happy with that?  Yeah, I am.  It's a challenge,and it allows me to reinvent the character.

And does T'Challa have a good reason for not sharing his Dora Milaje army and for not sharing things with his family?  Yes, and it's a damn good reason, and no I won't tell you untl DoomWar gets started.

Lastly, will the Black Panther and T'Challa be at the center of DoomWar?  That's how we're plottting it,and that's how I'll write it.  But all of the other characters have significant roles.  No one (and that includes Wolverine and Deadpool) are thre for window dressing or as cheap marketing ploys (as has been suggested).  I asked for them (and a few other characters) specifically because they would serve certain key roles; and because they have history with Storm.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 09:08:29 pm by jonathanmaberry »
Jonathan Maberry
Multiple Bram Stoker Award winner
Author of PATIENT ZERO (St Martins Griffin), THEY BITE (Citadel Press), THE WOLFMAN (Tor) and DOOMWAR (Marvel Comics) 
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jonathan-Maberry/803028269 
Look for me on Twitter and LinkedIn

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 13, 2009, 09:12:16 pm »
 ;D

LOL...wow...ok.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 13, 2009, 09:13:41 pm »
Okay, now that Maberry has clarified Shuri being the true BP (I thought she only symbolized it or something since the BP turned her down and not the real deal- by symbolizing, I thought it meant she put Wakanda and the people before herself and all of that jazz like a true Panther would), I understand more. I don't think Storm should be the BP as she has her own identity. It would also explain why Storm is not queen since she was that through marrige to T'challa. Storm is not going to be wallpaper. I think the book will be a good read.

Storm has a physical condition, hmmm...? I think I know what it is.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 09:31:25 pm by Rutog98 »

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline BarbaraB

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #520 on: October 13, 2009, 09:24:58 pm »
Guys, before anyone actually blows a gasget...here are a few things to consider.....

See you in February. I'm back on board.

Two questions.
Can we get BP to go Tri-Monthly so we can get to Doomwar quicker?
and
Can you add Misty Knight to the lineup so I can die happy with my top three in one Arc? She's not busy.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 12:03:01 am by BarbaraB »

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 13, 2009, 09:30:01 pm »
Actually, she raises some very good points. I have never contested that and I once harbored the same concerns that plagues her.  I just held hope that Storm will shine and the writer has given his word on that.  This schism between the book's fans is rooted in the fact that Storm has been stripped of her title as queen just because T'challa got hurt and her lack of passion, fire and vengeance about T'challa's attack. By all rights, Storm should be the one ruling Wakanda now. I mean, one would expect that if T'challa were to somehow be rendered incapacitated, his wife and queen, Storm, would step in to take over leadership (as queen, she should have a hand in the leadership even with T'challa in full health). It would only be natural. One would also expect that she would retain her role as the country's protector. I don't think Storm should be left out as she has been and she is being written out-of-character right now. That trademark fire and passion is missing. She should be on the case about T'challa's attacker. She and Shuri should be working together with Storm handling things domestically and Shuri doing the leg work abroad. This is what I would have liked to see, but who knows, what may turn out may be something better than I could have imagined. That said, the writing is very good and we are going to start seeing some Storm action soon.

What is up with this bullsh*t about Storm becoming the head ruler of Wakanda? Did you all think Wakandans are like sheep just because they have a monarchy? I agree that she should be pressing to know who attacked T'Challa, but she can't replace T'Challa as Black Panther. Ororo already declined the role. Her reason may have been old-fashioned, but many Africans still have some old-fashioned beliefs. Storm is no different in that regard. There is no reason why Wakanda should share modern Western ideas just because they're more advanced.

Storm is not qualified to run a country anymore than she can really become the queen of Kenya - which is a REPUBLIC! At best she could serve as a figurehead. But T'Challa's uncle and Queen mother Ramonda would still be making the big decisions. They're more experienced and respected nationally. They know the people better. The domestic issues that have been discussed on Wakandan TV are examples of the problems Storm cannot answer. She's never had to deal with a national economy or the daily welfare of millions. I doubt readers even want to see her deal with issues anyway. Her answer would be like Marie Antoinette's "why don't they just eat cake?" remark. >:(
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: October 13, 2009, 09:37:15 pm »
Guys, before anyone actually blows a gasket

Too late.

...here are a few things to consider:

Is the book going to immediately shift back to presenting Storm as a major character before DoomWar?  Sure, but that'll happen in a way that suits the story I'm telling.  I'm drawing on her as an earth goddes, someone whose power to control storms and rain is far more important to the needs of Wakanda than how many goons in spandex she spanks.

Good. So far storms have been unkind to Africa this past season.

Will Storm get to fight? Yes, of course she will.  But at a point in time that is both logical and story appropriate.

Does that means she's a damsel in distress?  That's the sort of thing that might be suggested or believed by fans who don't know who Storm is.  She's not the prisoner of the Three Stoges.  She's the prisoner of Doctor Doom.  And there's something about her physical condition that explains why T'Challa has kept her out of the line of battle.

Will she get to kicks some ass during DoomWar. Oh hell yes.  I'm building some real 'moments' for her when we see what happens when Storm lets out ALL of the stops.  Payback is going to be a bitch.

I'll hold you to it.

Is Shuri really the Black Panther?  Yes she damn well is.  She is the title chracter of the book for the present time, and that comes all the way from the top.

Am I happy with that?  Yeah, I am.  It's a challenge,and it allows me to reinvent the character.

And does T'Challa have a good reason for not sharing his Dora Milaje army and for not sharing things with his family?  Yes, and it's a damn good reason, and no I won't tell you untl DoomWar gets started.

Lastly, will the Black Panther and T'Challa be at the center of DoomWar?  That's how we're plottting it,and that's how I'll write it.  But all of the other characters have significant roles.  No one (and that includes Wolverine and Deadpool) are thre for window dressing or as cheap marketing ploys (as has been suggested).  I asked for them (and a few other characters) specifically because they would serve certain key roles; and because they have history with Storm.

I don't give two sh*ts about Deadpool. But if they can bring the hurt down on Doom, go for it.

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: October 13, 2009, 09:42:06 pm »
Actually, she raises some very good points. I have never contested that and I once harbored the same concerns that plagues her.  I just held hope that Storm will shine and the writer has given his word on that.  This schism between the book's fans is rooted in the fact that Storm has been stripped of her title as queen just because T'challa got hurt and her lack of passion, fire and vengeance about T'challa's attack. By all rights, Storm should be the one ruling Wakanda now. I mean, one would expect that if T'challa were to somehow be rendered incapacitated, his wife and queen, Storm, would step in to take over leadership (as queen, she should have a hand in the leadership even with T'challa in full health). It would only be natural. One would also expect that she would retain her role as the country's protector. I don't think Storm should be left out as she has been and she is being written out-of-character right now. That trademark fire and passion is missing. She should be on the case about T'challa's attacker. She and Shuri should be working together with Storm handling things domestically and Shuri doing the leg work abroad. This is what I would have liked to see, but who knows, what may turn out may be something better than I could have imagined. That said, the writing is very good and we are going to start seeing some Storm action soon.

What is up with this bullsh*t about Storm becoming the head ruler of Wakanda? Did you all think Wakandans are like sheep just because they have a monarchy? I agree that she should be pressing to know who attacked T'Challa, but she can't replace T'Challa as Black Panther. Ororo already declined the role. Her reason may have been old-fashioned, but many Africans still have some old-fashioned beliefs. Storm is no different in that regard. There is no reason why Wakanda should share modern Western ideas just because they're more advanced.

Storm is not qualified to run a country anymore than she can really become the queen of Kenya - which is a REPUBLIC! At best she could serve as a figurehead. But T'Challa's uncle and Queen mother Ramonda would still be making the big decisions. They're more experienced and respected nationally. They know the people better. The domestic issues that have been discussed on Wakandan TV are examples of the problems Storm cannot answer. She's never had to deal with a national economy or the daily welfare of millions. I doubt readers even want to see her deal with issues anyway. Her answer would be like Marie Antoinette's "why don't they just eat cake?" remark. >:(

First off, the Marie Antoinette thing is just too far. lol! Also, all rulers have advisors. I was not really swayed either way about Storm becoming the new BP and I thought it would only be a stand-in or a cover to hide from the country T'challa's true condition. Remember how it was kept hush hush? She has her own identity. However, I thought Storm would be ruling while somebody played dress up with the BP role while the real panther, T'challa was healing. I was a little confused with Shuri and the whole BP thing since Bast turned her away. I could respond to your comment about Storm's qualifications by asking about Shuri's leadership experience, however, now that Maberry clarified the whole Shuri/BP thing, its a moot point. The Wakandan culture is established that it is always ruled by a Black Panther. So, whoever is the BP rules the country. While you say that Storm lacks the qualifications to rule a country, it would be a doubt the Wakandans would share. It would be a huge challenge for Storm and she may prove to have the goods to do a heck-of-a job. Who knows? It would be awesome for character growth to see her wrestle with it, however, the book is Black Panther. Since T'challa is no longer that, Storm is no longer queen. Since Shuri is the Black Panther, then Storm is no longer a ruler.

For the sake of trivia, Storm is a true african princess by birth. Her mother was an african princess.  ;)
Of course, that may be why you made the comment.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 09:53:01 pm by Rutog98 »

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 13, 2009, 09:51:09 pm »
Shuri has proven her qualifications and her willingness to lead her country. She was raised there. She got her considerable education there. She knows more about Wakanda than Ororo. Those facts are undisputable.

We always wanted the Panther God to have a more legitimate role in Wakanda's culture. Giving his approval to Shuri should be good enough.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 09:52:55 pm by Open palm »