Author Topic: Storm  (Read 391565 times)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Storm
« Reply #570 on: October 30, 2009, 06:21:54 pm »
Just read Ellis' first storyline on Astonishing.  Glad I waited for library version.  Besides making Storm weaker than my take on Storm (which I admit is weaker than Rutog's), did it sound to you like he didn't care for the marriage?  She's bored????????

Jenn

« Reply #571 on: October 30, 2009, 06:57:24 pm »
Is that the series where she's pouring her heart out to Emma Frost, who tells her to shut up, which makes Storm happy?

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 30, 2009, 07:19:19 pm »
Yup and that's my point exactly. 

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 30, 2009, 08:58:25 pm »
Just read Ellis' first storyline on Astonishing.  Glad I waited for library version.  Besides making Storm weaker than my take on Storm (which I admit is weaker than Rutog's), did it sound to you like he didn't care for the marriage?  She's bored????????

Storm was conceived with having the power of a goddess and has been given feats to back it up. I merely bring that out for people to see in case they are not aware of it. There is canon enough that establishes sufficient power levels for the character (and even greater power potential) that a writer can justifiably have her beat anyone she needs to beat in a fight.

Is that the series where she's pouring her heart out to Emma Frost, who tells her to shut up, which makes Storm happy?

Hence I don't read the title.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 09:33:34 pm by Rutog98 »
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline blkyoda

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 31, 2009, 05:14:29 pm »
Just read Ellis' first storyline on Astonishing.  Glad I waited for library version.  Besides making Storm weaker than my take on Storm (which I admit is weaker than Rutog's), did it sound to you like he didn't care for the marriage?  She's bored????????

Storm was conceived with having the power of a goddess and has been given feats to back it up. I merely bring that out for people to see in case they are not aware of it. There is canon enough that establishes sufficient power levels for the character (and even greater power potential) that a writer can justifiably have her beat anyone she needs to beat in a fight.

Hence I don't read the title.

I didn't take it nearly as negatively. Storm spent as much time insulting the White Queen - it was nice seeing someone put Emma in her place.

Jenn

« Reply #575 on: November 01, 2009, 08:47:11 am »
Understandable, but to see Storm telling a room full of people that "guilt free shopping and constant lovemaking can be so boring" just rubbed me the wrong way. That's kind of harsh, number one. Number two, around that time, there was the World Tour arc, the F4 run and the freaking Skrull Invasion. Storm must have been making love in her mind or something. Do comic writers actually read the comic their guest star is in BEFORE they start writing?  Number three, that's something I can't see Storm saying to *anybody*, except for Jean and maaaaaaybe Logan (but probably not). To me, it was just disrespectful and felt like a jab at the marriage. I *do* think Bianchi draws a beautiful Storm, though, and her eyes are closer to the color I always thought they would be in real life, not that ghastly swap meet blue.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 08:51:40 am by Jenn »

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
  • I'M MONICA RAMBEAU....IMPRESS ME
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
Storm and Black Panther's love
« Reply #576 on: November 06, 2009, 01:16:05 am »
I thought I would post some links and images for those who are unaware or new to T'Challa and Storm's history or they
just hate on them for no reason ::)

Black Panther/Storm Nuptials Detailed

Claremont wrote the first meeting of BP and Storm in Marvel Team-Up #100 and also mentioned their relationship and love in Uncanny X-Men Annual #5. Priest, who had a plan for Storm to marry BP a few years back, wrote them in BP #26. Eric Jerome Dickey expanded on their first meeting in the Storm miniseries, Pete Milligan and Reginald Hudlin write the crossover WILD KINGDOM in X-Men #175-176 and Black Panther (vol 4) #8-9, Claremont returns to write the prelude to the wedding in Uncanny X-Men Annual #1, Hudlin then writes the countdown to the wedding in Black Panther numbers 14 through 17, ultimately having the beautiful couple marry in issue 18.

Marvel Team-Up #100

At the end of Uncanny X-Men Annual #5 Chris Claremont writes about how Storm's thoughts drift back to her youth, being in love with Prince TíChalla and how his duty took him away

Priest's Black Panther Vol. 2 #26 from 2000

Eric Jerome Dickey's Storm

Pete Milligan's X-Men #175-176 and Reginald Hudlin's Black Panther (vol 4) #8-9: Wild Kingdom crossover

Claremont's Uncanny X-Men Annual #1

Hudlin's Black Panther #14-17

Hudlin's Black Panther #18

« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 09:33:27 am by Tahdigga »

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
Storm becomes leader!
« Reply #577 on: November 06, 2009, 02:32:43 am »
Storm vs Cyclops part 1

A powerless Storm fights Cyclops for leadership of the X-men.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 07:57:49 pm by Tahdigga »

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
Storm kicks a**!
« Reply #578 on: November 06, 2009, 03:03:14 am »
Storm vs Cyclops part 2

Storm's rematch with a Shadow King possessed Cyclops. Guess who wins again...lol ;)

Offline BarbaraB

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #579 on: November 08, 2009, 08:34:01 am »
 ;D Thanks for that Tah!  It's been a while since I read that batttle between Cyke and Storm. That hardcore damn near cold-blooded Storm always has a place in my heart. :D

I love that World's Apart mini. Especially where she fought the DM, and her speech to the shadow king "if everyone I love is in danger... I'll save everyone." hell yeah!

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
« Reply #580 on: November 08, 2009, 11:56:00 pm »
;D Thanks for that Tah!  It's been a while since I read that batttle between Cyke and Storm. That hardcore damn near cold-blooded Storm always has a place in my heart. :D

I love that World's Apart mini. Especially where she fought the DM, and her speech to the shadow king "if everyone I love is in danger... I'll save everyone." hell yeah!

Cool! I'm glad you like it. I thought it needed to be posted, because some Marvel fans forget who's best suited to lead the X-men with or without powers.

Offline Wakandan561

• View Profile
« Reply #581 on: November 09, 2009, 08:47:32 am »
They Need to do a "WHAT IF?" Where Storm became The Black Panther!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Absence of Evidence is not The Evidence of Absence

Offline jonathanmaberry

• View Profile
    • Jonathan Maberry's Big Scary Blog
« Reply #582 on: November 09, 2009, 01:57:33 pm »
Not a chance.  Storm is Storm.

Besides, there are enough people wearing the Panther mantle right now.
Jonathan Maberry
Multiple Bram Stoker Award winner
Author of PATIENT ZERO (St Martins Griffin), THEY BITE (Citadel Press), THE WOLFMAN (Tor) and DOOMWAR (Marvel Comics) 
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jonathan-Maberry/803028269 
Look for me on Twitter and LinkedIn

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: November 09, 2009, 02:17:19 pm »
Forget that...have her join the DM sisterhood ;D

Offline jonathanmaberry

• View Profile
    • Jonathan Maberry's Big Scary Blog
« Reply #584 on: November 09, 2009, 02:18:20 pm »
Hell no...although it's highly likely a contingent of them will work for her.  It'll be interesting to explore how Storm would train them.
Jonathan Maberry
Multiple Bram Stoker Award winner
Author of PATIENT ZERO (St Martins Griffin), THEY BITE (Citadel Press), THE WOLFMAN (Tor) and DOOMWAR (Marvel Comics) 
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jonathan-Maberry/803028269 
Look for me on Twitter and LinkedIn