Author Topic: Black Panther Movie SPOILER THREAD  (Read 33452 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Black Panther Movie SPOILER THREAD
« on: January 26, 2018, 07:47:45 am »
When the embargo lifts Monday on twitter reviews or whatever, there is likely going to be some leaks.

Some of us embrace the leaks and that is fine.

But, we should probably allow the "official" movie thread to be spoiler free so we don't ruin someones experience on accident.

And use this thread for any upcoming spoilery reviews, 4chan leaks, new tv spots, ect.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther Movie SPOILER THREAD
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 08:27:44 am »
Good idea. I'm probably going to be all up on. This thread, I am really hoping to see the movie but my wife's due date for our second son is Feb 13.. cutting it close, of our baby is born before BP drops I will have a long wait before I can catch the movie.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 08:36:33 am »
Good idea. I'm probably going to be all up on. This thread, I am really hoping to see the movie but my wife's due date for our second son is Feb 13.. cutting it close, of our baby is born before BP drops I will have a long wait before I can catch the movie.

You might need to take a trip to get diapers... that lasts 3 hours long...

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 08:58:45 am »
Producer Nate Moore

"I think it’s inherently linked because of the Civil War connections and because of the Ultron connections with Klaue. So there are strings that we are playing with. But again, much like Doctor Strange, we felt this had enough storytelling that it could stand alone beyond those things. We wanted to give Ryan the freedom to tell a story that wasn’t relying on other things that were happening in the MCU. Now that doesn’t mean what happens in the film won’t have ripples in the MCU but the film itself isn’t relying on other plot points in the MCU."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 09:01:04 am »

You might need to take a trip to get diapers... that lasts 3 hours long...

Either that or we smuggle him a high def bootleg.

Congratulations to you and your wife Ezyo. Your son will be blessed by Bast as he will be born under the sign of the Black Panther.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 10:12:03 am »
I'm hoping he decides to chill for just a few more days, so we can catch the movie, my wife knows how important this movie is to me and so I'm hoping he will Wait till at least Saturday to be born. Because I am watching this movie on the day it comes out for sure, if bast willing.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 10:23:06 am »
I'm hoping he decides to chill for just a few more days, so we can catch the movie, my wife knows how important this movie is to me and so I'm hoping he will Wait till at least Saturday to be born. Because I am watching this movie on the day it comes out for sure, if bast willing.

Better put that phone on air plane mode Thursday night lololol

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 11:08:37 am »

Better put that phone on air plane mode Thursday night lololol

"Sorry honey I had no bars, I gotta get on that Kimoyo net"

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 09:41:15 pm »
Almost a full action scene. Get an idea of fight choreography.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u0SBlLWNe5s&time_continue=63
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 02:39:23 am »
Yeah, I definitely get a JAmes Bond vibe with this one.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2018, 04:46:32 am »
I don't personally believe these spoilers but this is what this thread is for.

Apparently this is the "stinger" spoilers... sound way too much for teasers though but whatever. Also comes from a rather racist part of the internet so whatever. Take with large grain of salt. A lot of this doesn't add up at all.

Ending: Black Panther is ruling over a land at peace.

Stinger1:
*Dr. Strange teleports into Wakanda Throne Room.
Strange: "Your Highness! He is HERE!"

Stinger2:
Shot in a cockpit of a small fighter space-ship.
Pilot: We have visuals on Sanctuary 2.
Shot of small Wakandan space fleet approaching Sanctuary 2.
Audio in many languages repeating: "You have entered sovereign Terran space without authorization, please stand down and prepare for inspection. "

Stinger3: Shot of mid-battle between Sanctuary 2 and small Wakanda space fleet. It's like fly's swarming a cow. Sanctuary 2 is taking no real damage at all as it fires on the small Wakandian fighters. Then at once, it emits some kind of energy pulse and destroys them all.

Stinger4: Frantic Wakandan palace. Strange, Panther, and some guards, making there way to Bucky cyro-storage.
Panther while walking: "Signal the allies, prepare the full Terran arsenal, prep the winter solider for release, summon captain Rogers,...".

Stinger5-8: There are two scenes that we keep flipping between. 1) Is Bucky being thawed out with Strange, Captain, and Panther, being there. 2) Is the moon. Eventually it is show that the Moon has pretty big base on it. However, instead of just the small weak Wakandia fighter-ships, we see many different types of space-ships, including Heavy Battle Cruisers being prepped and taking off (forming a fleet). There are ships with different Flags in them too (USA, RUSSIA, CHINA, FRANCE, ...etc). There are also a few Kree ships.

Stinger9: We see Captain Marvel on one of the Heavy Kree Battle Cruisers in the Terran Fleet. She stands confidently on the bridge as they all approach Sanctuary 2. Captain of ship in sitting in a chair (like star trek). Captain of ship: "Marvel, time to show'em how you got your name". Marvel blasts off into the bridge ceiling (which just has a force field that she passed through). She is flying outside the space ship (no suits or breather), she circles around it a couple of times (long shot). Then she approached the bridge from the outside and smiles at the Captain of the ship. Then she looks at Sanctuary 2, cocks her first back, and does this "punch pose" thing, as all the Terran fleet starts firing. *Fade to Black

CAPTAIN MARVEL WILL RETURN IN AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

Stan Lee Cameo:

Also, Stan Lee is a guard at the museum.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2018, 05:12:03 am »

An Aquarius! :)

The Waterbearer; someone who retains information and passes it on.

I believe your child will be the third known HEF baby next to Mr. Hudlin and DJ Mastrmynd.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2018, 09:03:56 am »

An Aquarius! :)

The Waterbearer; someone who retains information and passes it on.

I believe your child will be the third known HEF baby next to Mr. Hudlin and DJ Mastrmynd.

In happy for my son to be born for sure, and I'll patiently wait too, but if he is born a day after the movie drops I wouldn't complain lol

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2018, 06:05:58 pm »
Courtesy of Kingnomarch from CBR:

Quote from: KingNomarch;3415417
Christopher Priest’s review of the movie.

Panther: First Look (No Spoilers)

Well, my date and I got stuck in LA traffic and almost missed it. But that story is for another time.

Despite toiling under the now very tired superhero movie formula (Act Three: The Hero Faces Off Against His Doppelganger!) director Ryan Coogler manages to pull off a few surprises– something I honestly did not think possible. This is not my Black Panther– it is a young king who is still learning and thus still growing and thus capable of being surprised in ways my T’Challa never could. Michael B. Jordan’s more linear and bombastic villain’s hip hop soundtrack tends to drown out Chadwick Boseman’s far more nuanced, surgical prince-who-would-be-king, so you’re likely to read lots of praises or complaints about Jordan “stealing” this movie. The actual thieves are the women– Letitia Wright, Danai Gurira, and Lupita Nyong’o, who are given the most dynamic of the action scenes and who, along with an absolutely glorious Angela Bassett, solve all of the plot’s problems (including rescuing T’Challa)–which is both good and bad. But Jordan’s Killmonger is kind of an idiot. He is an idiot who has a legitimate case– real complaints and concerns about Wakandan tradition along with a thirst for simple revenge (revenge always works in plots)– but make no mistake about it: movie Killmonger is an idiot–something he was not in my comics.

While taking absolutely nothing away from Stan Lee, who was one of the people who taught me this biz, or Jack “King” Kirby, I was disappointed and a little disturbed by one thing. I would guess at least 80% of the characters up on that screen were created by Don McGregor, who was in attendance at last night’s premiere. Forget me or Reginald Hudlin or even Ta-Nehisi Coates (who sat with us), the vast and rich infrastructure of this film was a product of years of hard investment by Don, who was paid some paltry page rate. Don built the world of Wakanda, literally, maps of the place and extensive biographies and character sketches. He deserved much more than to be buried in a “Special Thanks” paragraph in the closing credits. Stan wrote, to my knowledge, only one Black Panther story, and Jack jettisoned virtually everything Don did when he did his own run on the book. Black Panther the movie is Don McGregor’s world brought to glorious life. I’d have liked him to have a larger credit for it (and better seats than waaaaay in the back with the rest of us peons).

There are at least four audiences for this film: Black Panther comic book fans, general comic book fans, African American general audiences and general audiences. This film offers high octane entertainment to all of these groups, but it will be the African American general audiences–who neither know nor care who I am–who will struggle the hardest to make it through the first act of this film without tearing up. The film’s glorious fairy tale of a highly advanced African civilization is enough to drop even the most cynical among us to our knees. A love letter to African Americans, the first half hour of this film had me wiping away tears at the sheer beauty of a people–my people–brought to glorious and amazing life in ways I never could on a static comic book page. Here, Black Panther finally had a soundtrack, and it is the soundtrack of my ancestors, my homeland. It was emotionally overwhelming and something I’d not quite prepared myself for.

There are many laugh out loud moments in the film but almost none of them come from Martin Freeman’s Everett K. Ross. Freeman does the best he can, often eliciting big laughs with simple body language and facial expressions–the mark of a master thespian. But the film gives Ross little to do and almost no lines, which will disappoint fans of my run while the other audiences will simply wonder what he was doing there in the first place.

Unfortunately, by either decree or simple fate, and despite my pleadings with the decision makers, Black Panther nonetheless sticks to formula. Are we really not capable of creating a film that resolves its core conflicts without the predictable big fight at the end? The best parts of the film–and there are many–are the places where Coogler is allowed to vary from this formula or, even better, practice a kind of slight of hand where he doesn’t really fool me so much as he waves a hand puppet, “Hey! Look over here!” distracting me long enough that when the film snaps back to formula I am actually surprised where I, a grizzled old writer, really shouldn’t have been.

All of the performances–including Freeman’s–are near-flawless. These are brilliant actors chewing scenery through each and every frame of this film. They all seem to know they are working on a landmark film–likely the biggest-budget blockbuster film with a mostly black cast, and every single actor here rises to the occasion.

While I’d have wished for much more originality in the final act of the film, I do not hold Mr. Coogler responsible for not reinventing the wheel. But I _am_ tired of watching the same movie over and over and over and over and over– And Then They Fight! I like even less the lesson these films repeatedly teach our children: conflict resolution through violence.

Having said that, I am overwhelmed by a sense of relief that the movie far exceeds my fears about what this thing might have been. It is an amazing spectacle with a rich, thick, multi-layered, often conflicted and expertly nuanced pseudo-Hamlet at the center–a brilliant performance that is bound to be overrun by Jordan’s more flamboyant, focused and bombastic challenger. My self-interest in the success of this film notwithstanding, I am confident the film will be a huge hit with African American audiences and certainly with comic book (and comic book film) fans, leaving only Priest-specific Black Panther fans a bit disappointed, and, of course, the Donald Trump crowd who will hate it even as they buy their ticket.

http://lamerciepark.com/wp/?p=651#more-651

I'll reserve full judgment till I see the movie. Just like CW I felt MCU Panther is more Akin to Hudlin's more fiery Panther, less 2 steps ahead, and more of a younger in your face handling business while still prepping, just not the "Holy crap wtf just happened?" Honestly Priest was pretty critical of CW debut of people don't remember, he was upset that the movie didn't turn into T'Challa figuring out the real villain first or nearly threaten ww3 with America. Overall I think the movie is going to give everyone shine, not just the title Character and throwing everyone else to the wayside. Hopefully Tchalla is shown as how we expect him to be and not like TNCs no one man delegating all his feats to the supporting cast.

I also don't know how he can say 80% of the people on screen are done Characters when really W'kabi and kilmonger are the only ones. Unless he is talking about tribes. In which case I don't know if that counts. But if he thinks McGregor Should of gotten more credit that fine too. Rather him then Coates. But ultimately I'll take his critic with a grain of salt just given his CW reaction