Author Topic: Black Panther Movie SPOILER THREAD  (Read 33604 times)

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther Movie SPOILER THREAD
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2018, 05:12:03 am »
Its the same as seen in Flags of our Fathers. They had spies and gathered information from all over the world, but only took active rolls when Wakanda was threatened. I think Nakia, like Killmongers, father was going above and beyond. lol.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2018, 06:09:31 am »
Okoye explicitly called nakia a war dog

Nakia was also weird. She wanted tchalla to help from beginning.

It would also make since war dogs opinions might change... uts like soneone getting out of a small town and realizing not all brown people are bad lol

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2018, 07:05:37 am »
A FB post reminded me there was no infinity stone. They were good at getting disinformation out there. lol
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2018, 07:28:41 am »
A FB post reminded me there was no infinity stone. They were good at getting disinformation out there. lol

It makes the infinity war plot leaks seem more and more likely. Namely that...

The Black Order are in Wakanda because of....
Spoiler (click to reveal)
vision being in Wakanda so Shuri can get the mind stone out

and Thanos gets the soul stone by...
sacrificing Gamora's life aka the life of a loved one after having the other 5 stones

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2018, 07:33:46 am »

I had a thought about that.  There is one thing in the movie that could be the final Infinity Stone:. Vibranium!

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2018, 07:34:49 am »
I was just thinking about something. The central issue of Wakanda being involved in the world or not is sort of undermined by having all of those War Dogs already implanted in various countries. While Nakia seemingly is not a War Dog, though I'm not sure about that, I can't see her not acting to save the kidnapped girls at the beginning of the film. And we do see that Black Panther and Okoye did step in to intervene, so perhaps Wakanda has been involved for quite some time, but in a subtle way. Heck, even T'Chaka was at that international forum in Civil War. If they were so isolationist why would he have been there?

Still Haven't seen the movie, but wasn't this explained why T'Chaka was at the summit because the Vibranium Klaw stole affected Sakovia and some Wakandans were killed?

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2018, 07:35:40 am »

sacrificing Gamora's life aka the life of a loved one after having the other 5 stones

Marvel has released fake scripts of Infinity War.  Believe nothing.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2018, 07:58:22 am »

Marvel has released fake scripts of Infinity War.  Believe nothing.

each new trailer and toy release are making the plot leaks looking more and more accurate.

For instance, Stormbreaker. Nailed that plot point and side quest well before the toy came out.

It's obviously not perfect but its been rather accurate so far for a leak that happened a long time ago.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 08:00:21 am by MindofShadow »

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2018, 08:10:17 am »
I was just thinking about something. The central issue of Wakanda being involved in the world or not is sort of undermined by having all of those War Dogs already implanted in various countries. While Nakia seemingly is not a War Dog, though I'm not sure about that, I can't see her not acting to save the kidnapped girls at the beginning of the film. And we do see that Black Panther and Okoye did step in to intervene, so perhaps Wakanda has been involved for quite some time, but in a subtle way. Heck, even T'Chaka was at that international forum in Civil War. If they were so isolationist why would he have been there?

Still Haven't seen the movie, but wasn't this explained why T'Chaka was at the summit because the Vibranium Klaw stole affected Sakovia and some Wakandans were killed?

Re: T'chaka in Viena

In the movie, ross was under the impression Klaw stole ALL the vibrinium and now it was all gone due to the fact T'chaka said so at the UN

T'chaka could have been there as a front to stop people from looking for the rest of it.

People in the MCU knew of Wakanda, they just didn't know the truth about it.

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2018, 09:30:49 am »
I only skimmed through the BP related "spoilers" of that Infinity War script leak y'all made a thread about months ago.  Whether I believed it or not was contingent on the soul stone appearing in Wakanda or not.  It did not.  Therefore, and combined with the trailer, the parts I skimmed seem to lean toward being accurate.

Which would be a bummer if a certain fight ends a certain way with a different character getting the spotlight
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2018, 10:06:31 am »
Saw it.  Enjoyed it.   Only a couple of minor quibbles:

First:

I found it a bit odd that the border tribe members rebelled against T'Challa so easily, when he is literally RIGHT THERE.
   W'Kabi himself, sure, because of the Klaw thing, but there was little evidence that he had so much power over them that they would fight the (rightful) king on his say-so.

Second:

I'm a little disappointed that they basically spoiled one of the end-credit scenes in the trailers.  It's a weird choice.

Other than that, I loved the acting (especially Shuri & M'Baku), enjoyed the designs, and am mildly irritated at how many of the move's ideas are similar to stuff I've posted here.  Priest was right... it's not "his" T'Challa (or "his" Ross, for that matter).  But  it's the Panther the MCU needs.

And, in conclusion:

F*ck the comics.
Glory to Bast & Hanuman.
And...

WAKANDA FOREVER!!!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 10:17:04 am by Beware Of Geek »

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2018, 10:13:32 am »

Which would be a bummer if a certain fight ends a certain way with a different character getting the spotlight

Hickman forever f*cked us with this off panel bullsh*t.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2018, 10:20:44 am »
Saw it.  Enjoyed it.   Only a couple of minor quibbles:

First:

I found it a bit odd that the border tribe members rebelled against T'Challa so easily, when he is literally RIGHT THERE.
   W'Kabi himself, sure, because of the Klaw thing, but there was little evidence that he had so much power over them that they would fight the (rightful) king on his say-so.

Second:

I'm a little disappointed that they basically spoiled one of the end-credit scenes in the trailers.  It's a weird choice.

Other than that, I loved the acting (especially Shuri & M'Baku), enjoyed the designs, and am mildly irritated at how many of the move's ideas are similar to stuff I've posted here.  Priest was right... it's not "his" T'Challa (or "his" Ross, for that matter).  But  it's the Panther the MCU needs.

And, in conclusion:

F*ck the comics.
Glory to Bast & Hanuman.
And...

WAKANDA FOREVER!!!

Irritated at movie ideas??

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2018, 10:24:39 am »

Hickman forever f*cked us with this off panel bullsh*t.

The Question is, would it of even made a difference? Widow was no where to be seen when the black order attacks earth but seems like in the trailer she is fighting corvus. Hulk got smacked around by thanos, so really I don't think it would of changed anything if Hickman showed it or not (it would of been Badass to see though and he should of done it rather then wasting panels on useless stuff) because this is likely the swan song for the old guard

Offline Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2018, 10:25:45 am »
Irritated at movie ideas??

Yeah, because now, if I ever use them, people will assume I ripped of the films. :D