Author Topic: Black Panther Movie SPOILER THREAD  (Read 63176 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Re: Black Panther Movie SPOILER THREAD
« Reply #420 on: February 26, 2018, 11:06:05 am »
M'Baku's appearance in that scene was also powerful and "fight or fright" inducing, but the way they cut to T'Challa and his stone cold predator glare at the Jabari tribe's interruption... again the stage presence was gawdly. 

Again i give the side eye to people who question this.

T'Challa was much more layered, nuanced, and thought provoking than say Bruce Wayne in the Dark Knight movie... who was a complete after thought to Heath Ledger.

It's because they have nothing left.

Haters and Unfans keep waiting for the next shoe to drop to prove this movie aint good

- people said the RT scores were biased becasue the movie was black. Nope, it really was good
- It wouldn't make 100mil opening weekend. It couldn't beat deadpool. "oh its not fair its a 4 day weekend." Oh, it only made so much becasue celebrities bought tickets for people. blah blah blah... nope 200+ mil
- "nobody will want to see it twice. People are just going once because its an event movie." Nope... second weekend had the lowest drop in sales of any MCU film. And only the third film with triple digit second weekend.
- "China will sink the movie." ........... ruh roh! higher pre sales than Spider-Man

So now they gotta find something else to moan and complain about.

Just wait til the Storm fans come out of the woodwork again. right now they are too shook by what happened.

Goes back to my conversation with 4sake, that comic book "fans" are really largely just pieces of sh*t that give the small minority of sane ones a bad name.

I saw some reactionary videos from non-comic book fans, and particularly african girls, and they loved the pacing, were captivated from beginning to end, and loved T'Challa/Nakia.  I also some of the reviews from credible journalist sites and they praised Boseman's performance.

Then i read some of the "professional" comic book youtuber sites, and i'm hearing stuff about pacing issues in the beginning and T'Challa was the least interesting/no arc? 

Pacing issues in the beginning??  ??? You mean the entire set  up Wakanda, the Challenge Day and T'Challa's conversation with his father, Nakia, and W'Kabi that set up his entire arc?  ???

Those same dumbies say that it was Killmonger's dream T'Challa was carrying out at the end when clearly it was Nakia's, which was established early in the movie.

And lowkey they jealous that BP has Shuri, which is why the comic nerds are so desperate to fling her to Iron Man or Peter Parker

yeah, the pacing issues thing was weird. I thought the movie moved at a pretty quick pace.

Hey you know what ended up being low key great? That spider-man came out first.

You know damn well people would just be saying "well, it was because Black Panther was in CW, so its not a real debut/solo movie!"

But they already went and praised spider-man homecoming over and over and over again about being the highest grossing solo film, blah blah blah

so they can't turn around and say that sh*t now. And Spider-Man had f*ckING IRON MAN IN IT!!!

while Black Panther was 100% stand alone. Not even any infinity war stuff!

There is nothing to criticize this movie with or try to cut it down somehow. All bases are covered.

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 26, 2018, 11:17:07 am »
M'Baku's appearance in that scene was also powerful and "fight or fright" inducing, but the way they cut to T'Challa and his stone cold predator glare at the Jabari tribe's interruption... again the stage presence was gawdly. 

Again i give the side eye to people who question this.

T'Challa was much more layered, nuanced, and thought provoking than say Bruce Wayne in the Dark Knight movie... who was a complete after thought to Heath Ledger.

It's because they have nothing left.

Haters and Unfans keep waiting for the next shoe to drop to prove this movie aint good

- people said the RT scores were biased becasue the movie was black. Nope, it really was good
- It wouldn't make 100mil opening weekend. It couldn't beat deadpool. "oh its not fair its a 4 day weekend." Oh, it only made so much becasue celebrities bought tickets for people. blah blah blah... nope 200+ mil
- "nobody will want to see it twice. People are just going once because its an event movie." Nope... second weekend had the lowest drop in sales of any MCU film. And only the third film with triple digit second weekend.
- "China will sink the movie." ........... ruh roh! higher pre sales than Spider-Man

So now they gotta find something else to moan and complain about.

Just wait til the Storm fans come out of the woodwork again. right now they are too shook by what happened.

Goes back to my conversation with 4sake, that comic book "fans" are really largely just pieces of sh*t that give the small minority of sane ones a bad name.

I saw some reactionary videos from non-comic book fans, and particularly african girls, and they loved the pacing, were captivated from beginning to end, and loved T'Challa/Nakia.  I also some of the reviews from credible journalist sites and they praised Boseman's performance.

Then i read some of the "professional" comic book youtuber sites, and i'm hearing stuff about pacing issues in the beginning and T'Challa was the least interesting/no arc? 

Pacing issues in the beginning??  ??? You mean the entire set  up Wakanda, the Challenge Day and T'Challa's conversation with his father, Nakia, and W'Kabi that set up his entire arc?  ???

Those same dumbies say that it was Killmonger's dream T'Challa was carrying out at the end when clearly it was Nakia's, which was established early in the movie.

And lowkey they jealous that BP has Shuri, which is why the comic nerds are so desperate to fling her to Iron Man or Peter Parker

yeah, the pacing issues thing was weird. I thought the movie moved at a pretty quick pace.

Hey you know what ended up being low key great? That spider-man came out first.

You know damn well people would just be saying "well, it was because Black Panther was in CW, so its not a real debut/solo movie!"

But they already went and praised spider-man homecoming over and over and over again about being the highest grossing solo film, blah blah blah

so they can't turn around and say that sh*t now. And Spider-Man had f*ckING IRON MAN IN IT!!!

while Black Panther was 100% stand alone. Not even any infinity war stuff!

There is nothing to criticize this movie with or try to cut it down somehow. All bases are covered.

They want their nightmare to end, but NOPE

How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline BlindWedjat

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 26, 2018, 12:57:21 pm »

OUR BOY HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN INGRAINED IN THE MINDS OF CAT LOVERS

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #423 on: February 26, 2018, 01:00:16 pm »
naming a cat killmonger is begging for a demon spawn

Offline BlindWedjat

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 26, 2018, 01:48:28 pm »
naming a cat killmonger is begging for a demon spawn

I would call it Furballmonger  :)

Off topic

https://youtu.be/UEhsFEgsI5U

I'm convinced MBJ is secretly a pyromaniac

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 26, 2018, 04:58:05 pm »

You know your A list when cats are getting adopted and named after Characters.. this movie is too lit. I really want to see it again but I don't think my wife will be interesting with me leaving her alone with the kiddos again like that lol

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 26, 2018, 05:07:24 pm »

You know your A list when cats are getting adopted and named after Characters.. this movie is too lit. I really want to see it again but I don't think my wife will be interesting with me leaving her alone with the kiddos again like that lol

I want to know how many kids this year are going to be named T'Challa and Shuri!!!

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 26, 2018, 05:24:04 pm »
I think we'll find out in nine months or so. It did come out around Valentines Day. lol
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 26, 2018, 06:01:06 pm »

I want to know how many kids this year are going to be named T'Challa and Shuri!!!

I think Erik will Also jump in popularity ad well

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 26, 2018, 07:22:20 pm »
! No longer available

Everybody just loves each other

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 26, 2018, 08:35:16 pm »

My wife saw it without me.......I feel betrayed

Offline BlindWedjat

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 27, 2018, 10:01:19 am »
https://youtu.be/QdlehknzWEg

This is a very good unscripted rant/review/analysis of Black Panther, and I really like what he said about the political commentary of the film. It's about 30 minutes but it's worth the watch

Offline Things Fall Apart

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 27, 2018, 11:18:32 am »
Bruh... didn't even notice this on first watch and I have been dying to see this panel recreated in live action

I think it's because I had tears in my eyes during this scene lol

It would have ruined the tone of the movie, but I would have fallen out if they had someone say "Where he fights, we fight, where he leads, we follow!" Then had someone say "If he eats pizza..."

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 27, 2018, 12:33:22 pm »
https://twitter.com/mcten/status/968559294332522497

! No longer available

The powerful reason why LeBron James loved 'Black Panther'
LeBron James saw Black Panther on Monday and on Tuesday he explained to reporters why it was one of the greatest movies Ive ever seen.

It wasnt just about the cool action sequences to James it was more about the lessons we can draw as a society from the movie and the importance of having role models of color.

For me as a kid growing up, I never thought I would see a black superhero, he said. I loved superheroes growing up. I love Batman, I love Superman, I love Spiderman and Iron Man but I never thought I could be them because they were always white Americans. Or white.

So I kind of looked up more to athletes and rappers and people in my neighborhood because they were one of color. So to see how powerful Black Panther is and how powerful his tribe was and his people around him, it gave me a sense of Yes, not only can we be the President of the United States Barack Obama we can also be a superhero.

Its so dope for me and its so dope for my kids to see that.

It's surreal hearing Lebron James breaking down the philosophy of Wakanda n sh*t lol.

I was smiling like a muthaf*cka

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 01, 2018, 05:51:39 pm »
http://afropunk.com/2018/03/amandla-stenberg-passed-black-panther-due-light-skin-spaces-not-take/

She made the right choice & isn't a dumb ass like Shipp their for I'll make sure too/continue to support her current & future work..
Pull List