Author Topic: Wesley Snipes Appreciation Thread  (Read 3668 times)

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Wesley Snipes Appreciation Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2018, 07:08:42 am »
First blade all the way. The second needlessly used CG instead of letting Wesley choreograph cool fight scenes.

I like Frost as a villain too.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2018, 07:09:36 am »
http://uproxx.com/hitfix/wesley-snipes-blade-marvel-cinematic-universe/

Wesley Snipes Is Open To The Idea Of Playing Blade Again, Maybe Another Marvel Character Too

Speaking with THR, Snipes noted he was open to another film as the vampire hunter. Making a fourth film is a possibility that Snipes has hinted at for a while now.

“I am very much open to all of the possibilities,” said Snipes. “If Blade 4 comes along, that is a conversation we can have. And there are other characters in the Marvel universe that, if they want to invite me to play around with, I am with that too. I think the fans have a hunger for me to revision the Blade character, so that could limit where they could place me as another character in that universe.”

Your mileage on a fourth installment may vary, but the idea of Snipes playing another character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe opens up all kinds of intriguing and enticing possibilities. The actor also shared his thoughts on the evolution of Marvel’s movie output.

“I think the real shift is when they started bringing real character actors into the projects, people who are capable of creating three-dimensional characters and story and nuance, like Robert Downey, ” he offered. “I think that is also what made Blade a success. I had a theatrical, classically trained stage performer background, and all of those skills I brought to the character of Blade. I am always supportive of the actors. I think that is the key to some of the pillars of success we see at Marvel.”

The ball appears to be in Marvel’s court on this one. If they want Wesley Snipes they know where to find him. And where to find him is on Twitter doing marvellous things.

I could see him doing a mean doctor voodoo.
But really I think it would of been cool to have him play S'yan as special shout out to going to bat for T'Challa in the 90s

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2018, 07:19:11 am »
http://uproxx.com/hitfix/wesley-snipes-blade-marvel-cinematic-universe/

Wesley Snipes Is Open To The Idea Of Playing Blade Again, Maybe Another Marvel Character Too

Speaking with THR, Snipes noted he was open to another film as the vampire hunter. Making a fourth film is a possibility that Snipes has hinted at for a while now.

“I am very much open to all of the possibilities,” said Snipes. “If Blade 4 comes along, that is a conversation we can have. And there are other characters in the Marvel universe that, if they want to invite me to play around with, I am with that too. I think the fans have a hunger for me to revision the Blade character, so that could limit where they could place me as another character in that universe.”

Your mileage on a fourth installment may vary, but the idea of Snipes playing another character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe opens up all kinds of intriguing and enticing possibilities. The actor also shared his thoughts on the evolution of Marvel’s movie output.

“I think the real shift is when they started bringing real character actors into the projects, people who are capable of creating three-dimensional characters and story and nuance, like Robert Downey, ” he offered. “I think that is also what made Blade a success. I had a theatrical, classically trained stage performer background, and all of those skills I brought to the character of Blade. I am always supportive of the actors. I think that is the key to some of the pillars of success we see at Marvel.”

The ball appears to be in Marvel’s court on this one. If they want Wesley Snipes they know where to find him. And where to find him is on Twitter doing marvellous things.

I could see him doing a mean doctor voodoo.
But really I think it would of been cool to have him play S'yan as special shout out to going to bat for T'Challa in the 90s

Wesley would be the best 5'9 Black Panther ever
How many leaders you said you needed then left ‘em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, it’s King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2018, 07:29:32 am »
Totally Worth it. Dude deserves his praise.
He saved superhero movies and saved marvel. And his thanks? His movie career gets destroyed

Offline Gessela

• View Profile
    • Gessela Studios
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2018, 08:52:00 am »
Nuff Respect to Mr. Snipes from episodes of Miami Vice to Chi-Raq, he’s been an inspiration and represented for the culture on multiple platforms –
Black Led Indie Film, Blockbusters, Theatre and Television.
Black Film Production (He had production credits on many of the films he led).
Supported and Promoted Black Martial Artists.
Promotion of accurate History (check out the Dr. Henrik Clarke Documentary).
Black Comics, Sci-fi, and other Literature.

He’s released a slew of subpar material in the latter years, but I think this was a residual effect of the Hollywood blackballing and subsequent tax troubles. Anyway hopefully he’ll get an opportunity to shine bright again on the big screen (here or abroad).

They pulled a coup on him during Blade 3 and once he flipped out about their attempted sabotage, they spun it as him being the crazy black man who was hard to work with.  2 character assassinations occurred, Blade as a movie franchise and Wesley the now black balled black actor.

That tax evasion jail time didn't help either, as that delayed any immediate bounce back while he still had some semblance of youth and spark to his name.  He easily could've been in those Liam Neeson 'Taken' type roles in his older age, but at that point mainstream Hollywood aint have no more love for him like that.

Hell, it's taken them like 5-6 years just to make another equalizer movie with Denzel!  Liam made like 5 Taken movies in that time span!

Agreed.

Blade II slightly over I because you got Wesley and Donnie Yen in the same flick.
I'll also add the diverse cast in Blade II preceded the Fast&Furious franchise.
ግሥላ = Panther

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2018, 10:07:07 am »
Blade 1
Pull List

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2018, 10:36:52 am »
I liked the 2nd followed closely by the first.
But Man I couldn't sleep for weeks after watching the second first time around lol

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2018, 09:50:26 pm »
Wesley Snipes looking blade was on the final page of latest Invincible Iron Man. Looks like RiRi might be working for him.

Has she always been sharing panel time with Doom?
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2018, 04:43:54 am »
Wesley Snipes looking blade was on the final page of latest Invincible Iron Man. Looks like RiRi might be working for him.

Has she always been sharing panel time with Doom?

After infamous ended, yes, i think so

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2018, 08:44:55 am »
I forgot American Shuri still had a book
How many leaders you said you needed then left ‘em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, it’s King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2018, 09:50:19 am »

Her runs about over. Stark comes back relatively soon written by Slott.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2018, 11:31:01 am »

Her runs about over. Stark comes back relatively soon written by Slott.

Then she's going to Champs & I'm interested if she get another solo chance soon of will they wait a while
Pull List