Author Topic: Black Panther: Long Live the King #4 SPOILERS  (Read 1329 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Re: Black Panther: Long Live the King #4 SPOILERS
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2018, 02:51:38 pm »
The treatment of BP is just comical at this point. 

It's like a bad joke that everyone is in on

Marvel: hey random black person with no comic experience, wanna write a story about T'challa?

Random Black Person: I actually wanna write about this other character I have in my head. Not really T'challa

Marvel: Sure, just put T'challa in there somewhere, whatever.

This must literally be how every single one of their meetings go.  Like seriously, every single one!   

Marvel: Are you a POC? With some writing backround (a book report will do) come on down to BP!
Write whatever garbage comes to Mind, just throw his name in there and have him on panel! No real experience necessary

It's simply bad fan fiction at this point.  But the type where they create an original character in their image to live vicariously through, and need the actual mytho characters to bring validation to.

I hated that type of fan fiction lol

If you want to tell a certain type of story, why not just use already established supporting cast at the very least?

Like the Kasper story... dude told a crime based NYC story using Kasper. No shade on T'challa, didn't make him look bad, just told a damn story lol.

wanna tell a strong female character story... why not use Shuri?

If you want to tell a younger generation story, there are a handful of randomly introduced BP characters sprinkled in there the last few years. Those Hickman kids or Vibraxas or those gifted kids like Asha and Bull during The Hunt.

At the very least stop making T'challa look like a non powered idiot who just became a super hero yesterday. at the very very least. If you aren't going to elevate the character, just leave him his ass alone in the techno jungle or something.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2018, 03:00:58 pm »
Because how can you make a lasting impression if it isn't an original Character? You gotta make sure that you inserted a character in who had to save Tchalla, and have him thanking them.. Rembert straight up got the short hand. By the time he wrote his one shot Gay had already ruined that series and not enough eye's got on his story. And it was a decent story that respected the Characters and mythos they come from. In one line Rembert had Tchalla have more bass in his voice Then all of Coates work combined

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2018, 05:55:48 pm »
Is this debate still running?

Coates run should have been boycotted immediately his true agenda became clear.

Unfortunately, some heads continued to buy the book in the hopes that it would improve.

How did that turn out for y'all?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 05:58:02 pm by Salustrade »

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2018, 06:33:20 pm »

Unfortunately, some heads continued to buy the book in the hopes that it would improve.

This isnt Coates

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2018, 08:39:44 pm »
I liked it. If was fun and moved quickly. Kantu would make a good replacement if they never bring back W'kabi.

Definitely like it better than the previous issue. His writing for this one was better.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2018, 06:35:11 am »

Mr. Majestic lives!

How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2018, 06:38:43 am »
I liked it. If was fun and moved quickly. Kantu would make a good replacement if they never bring back W'kabi.

Someone let Taku out of the Techno Jungle!

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2018, 06:51:49 am »

Someone let Taku out of the Techno Jungle!

I'd like him to come back as something like this.

Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2018, 07:23:38 am »
those look a lot more cool and useful than f*cking squirrels lol

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2018, 08:00:03 am »
I guess I can't look at this as fun stories Because Currently the only fun BP title going has been Evans book. Everything else is just bad fanfic

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2018, 08:03:57 am »
I guess I can't look at this as fun stories Because Currently the only fun BP title going has been Evans book. Everything else is just bad fanfic

Yeah I think that is part of my issue.

If this came out during a Hudlin type run, i'd just be like, "eh, not my thing"

Its the consistent pattern of the same sh*t the last 2 years over and over and over again that has got me on red alert and easily triggered by any perceived f*ckery lol

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2018, 08:21:55 am »
Yeah I think that is part of my issue.

If this came out during a Hudlin type run, i'd just be like, "eh, not my thing"

Its the consistent pattern of the same sh*t the last 2 years over and over and over again that has got me on red alert and easily triggered by any perceived f*ckery lol

Exactly, then it gets twisted into being called detractors, but the thing is, we call it like we see it, and we recognize when someone does good Rembert Brown and as of this moment Evan Narcisse, did good, they respected the mythos and didn't throw shade and told a good story. Hell even Coates with his garbage of a run, I'll acknowledge decent issues when they come out.

Just don't expect me to change my tune and give him praise he doesn't deserve just because he wrote a half decent Issue before going backwards to the same f*ckery

To be quite honest, Because I know trades are what is keeping this book going, I would love for him to take what was seen in the movie, decide, "Hey instead of making Tchalla a side Character in his own book delegating all of his feats to pet Characters or those not apart of his franchise, maybe I should build up Tchalla to give him rumble board feats" and start making those halfway decent issues into the standard and then he gets great issues out once and a while.

I don't hate his run just because he did a bad season 1 or a couple bad issue's, I hate it because it's been from the get go shade and agendas and reducing Tchalla in favor of pet Characters and hurting the mythos without a care. If he changed that and did a complete 180 from issue the next one till his final story, I would tell people start his series at 170 because it is GOOD from then on

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2018, 10:25:32 am »

Mr. Majestic lives!

It's good to be alive my brother.  8)

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2018, 08:41:40 am »
This issue was rough to get through.. definitely written by someone who did not have a proper understanding of the character.. Shuri is written like as if she's hot headed teen without powers, BP strategy is Bland and not well explained and also writer underpowered, Kantu isn't a bad concept/character but was written a lil to cartoony & as if he's a child & not a grown ass man. M'Baku is also written very out of character but I guess you can trust it up to being just Resurrected.. Better than much Wow & Crew I guess..
Pull List

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2018, 06:29:42 am »
liike I said, bluezulu can easily fix this.