Author Topic: Black Panther: Long Live the King #4 SPOILERS  (Read 5353 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Black Panther: Long Live the King #4 SPOILERS
« on: January 31, 2018, 01:39:38 pm »
hat tip MM for telling me it existed

It sucked lol

It honestly read like those little kid comics I read to my 5 year old

spoilers

- baron resurrects mbaku which makes him more powerful. then mbaku turns on Baron. so I got all excited about Baron for him to be a plot device
- stupid, non impressive fight with tchalla, mbaku, and those stupid robots of kantu's
- shuri flies in... in a plane... even though she has flight powers. K
- more stupid boring fights. not a single thing impressive
- mbaku eventually loses
- baron reverses the spell and just leaves
- everyone lives happily ever after

This was so pointless. you could say "at least it brought mbaku back" but he was already alive so....

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther: Long Live the King #4 SPOILERS
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 01:41:33 pm »
Lol.. that sounds so terrible.. why does T'Challa have to be shackled by unimaginative neophytes? Let Redjack take over please

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 01:46:23 pm »
Lol.. that sounds so terrible.. why does T'Challa have to be shackled by unimaginative neophytes? Let Redjack take over please

with only two issues there is only so much you can do I suppose but yeeesh. it felt so pointless.

I guess this guy just really likes... robot animals?

art wasn't good enough to make it fun.

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 01:54:02 pm »
The treatment of BP is just comical at this point. 

It's like a bad joke that everyone is in on
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 01:57:08 pm »
I mean, he doesn't even do anything lol.

kantu is the new eden, but with robot zoo animals instead of teleportation as the crutch BP needs

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 01:57:49 pm »

Marvel: hey random black person with no comic experience, wanna write a story about T'challa?

Random Black Person: I actually wanna write about this other character I have in my head. Not really T'challa

Marvel: Sure, just put T'challa in there somewhere, whatever.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 01:59:55 pm »
Yep just read it.. these people obviously don't Know anything about BPs mythos. Like they can't Even be bothered to stick to the current series regarding powers.
It's all about getting their forgettable Characters spotlight while making Tchalla literally have little power. Coates opened that door with that no one man shiit and now everyone in the comics with these spin offs have taken it to heart. Only Evans Seems to be like looking at this as a chance to elevate Black panther. But the second he creates some bee Character to take feats I'm DONE

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 02:02:40 pm »

Marvel: hey random black person with no comic experience, wanna write a story about T'challa?

Random Black Person: I actually wanna write about this other character I have in my head. Not really T'challa

This must literally be how every single one of their meetings go.  Like seriously, every single one!   

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 02:05:00 pm »

This must literally be how every single one of their meetings go.  Like seriously, every single one!   

Marvel: Are you a POC? With some writing backround (a book report will do) come on down to BP!
Write whatever garbage comes to Mind, just throw his name in there and have him on panel! No real experience necessary

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 02:05:34 pm »
Yep just read it.. these people obviously don't Know anything about BPs mythos. Like they can't Even be bothered to stick to the current series regarding powers.
It's all about getting their forgettable Characters spotlight while making Tchalla literally have little power. Coates opened that door with that no one man shiit and now everyone in the comics with these spin offs have taken it to heart. Only Evans Seems to be like looking at this as a chance to elevate Black panther. But the second he creates some bee Character to take feats I'm DONE

I was about to say, Evans better break this trend. 

How many books has it been now that we've seen wasted on this garbage?  Main solo, WoW, Crew, Long Live.  I have to laugh just to mask how exasperated i feel about this same ol sh*t

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 02:11:49 pm »
Only Evans and the BP annual can save us now.
If Redjack is lurking around still now is the time for him to pitch a BP series to marvel, because MU Tchalla gets labelled as the neophytes stepping stool into comics

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 02:13:13 pm »

How many books has it been now that we've seen wasted on this garbage?  Main solo, WoW, Crew, Long Live.  I have to laugh just to mask how exasperated i feel about this same ol sh*t

BP season 1
WoW 1-5
Crew
BP season 2
Long Live the King

then if you want, you can add in Civil War II, which had T'challa holding back tony stark for multiple issues while never speaking, and then t'challa praising captain america to save miles for one issue, and then doing nothing again

The best appearance of t'challa in the last year was probably Secret Empire where he told the avengers to f*ck off and then lost his country and then knocked zemo the f*ck out while the main book ignored the event completely despite dealing with the same bad guys lol

That is the best we've had......

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 02:17:53 pm »

Marvel: Are you a POC? With some writing backround (a book report will do) come on down to BP!
Write whatever garbage comes to Mind, just throw his name in there and have him on panel! No real experience necessary

It's simply bad fan fiction at this point.  But the type where they create an original character in their image to live vicariously through, and need the actual mytho characters to bring validation to.

I hated that type of fan fiction lol

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2018, 02:18:59 pm »

BP season 1
WoW 1-5
Crew
BP season 2
Long Live the King

then if you want, you can add in Civil War II, which had T'challa holding back tony stark for multiple issues while never speaking, and then t'challa praising captain america to save miles for one issue, and then doing nothing again

The best appearance of t'challa in the last year was probably Secret Empire where he told the avengers to f*ck off and then lost his country and then knocked zemo the f*ck out while the main book ignored the event completely despite dealing with the same bad guys lol

That is the best we've had......

T'Challa throwing a toilet seat at Deadpool seems so long ago  :-\

back when things were a little more promising...

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2018, 02:45:16 pm »
Yep bad fan fiction for sure. Written by Folks who don't Even know anything about the mythos they are writing about. Just inserting whatever garbage without care