Author Topic: The Black Panther  (Read 2709 times)

Offline Cage

• View Profile
Re: The Black Panther
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2018, 08:29:00 pm »
One word: Okoye. Ok. Iím done. Good night everybody
I ventured into the courtyard followed by 52 brothers bruised battered and scarred but hard.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2018, 12:26:21 pm »
10 out of 10... i'd have allowed myself to cry more but I had to go to work that afternoon...
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

marvel-Disney, please do the right thing and bring back Mr. Coogler and his collaborators.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I was surprised that klaue bought it at the point that he did, but i'm not offended.  I wish he'd lasted longer, though.  Still, as far as theoretical future appearances, I wasn't looking forward to him becoming the living-sound guy.  Cyborg powers would have been just fine by me.

As far as Erik, I was disappointed with his apparent death, though by the time he killed all these folks, it wasn't undeserved.. I was thrown when he wanted to burn the herb gardens, though.. since, I think the king is supposed to ingest the elixir every once in a while to renew his vigor.. and heck, wasn't he interested in having a kid someday?  (of course, he did murder his female accomplice, damned horrible and unforgivable..)  At this point, I suppose one of the infinity gems could revive Erik, if it comes to that.. So, we'll see, I guess? 
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2018, 06:41:09 am »
Saw Black Panther for the second time last night....I love this movie!  I came to it with trepidation knowing of Killmonger's inclusion, he and T'Challa's history and Jordan's relationship with Coogler.  Having heard that Jordan shined in the movie, I was a bit nervous.  Apologies to Mr. Coogler and the screen writers, I find their adaptation to have been faithful yet courageously inventive, thoughtful, thorough...brilliant!  Kudos to the players, all excellent, Chadwick's regal calm and measured resolve, Jordan's real-world, colloquial fire, Lupita and Danai's power, competence, their common love for Wakanda, T'Challa and each other despite a polar sense of duty. I love Wright's Shuri who stole every scene and loved Duke's principled M'baku, kudos again to the filmmakers for their ingenuity!  Theirs is easily the best iteration of T'Challa and Wakanda, Narcisse notwithstanding as he has just begun and is IMO off to a very promising start, since Hudlin.

I hope all my HEF/Wakandan brethren find similar enjoyment...it's been a long time coming!

Peace,

Mont

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2018, 05:16:10 pm »
Disney has no excuse.  they need to start hiring black actresses to play Shuri at their parks.  Market her more with merchandise.  Make her part of the "princess" franchise.  Why not?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 05:18:06 pm by Hypestyle »
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2018, 05:56:05 pm »
Disney has no excuse.  they need to start hiring black actresses to play Shuri at their parks.  Market her more with merchandise.  Make her part of the "princess" franchise.  Why not?

You might be onto something, Hype! 

Perhaps, some of the younger visitors at Disneyworld or Disneyland desire to experience hired entertainers that are reflective of them.

"Yay...  another white princess..."

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2018, 04:22:29 pm »
^
They are using one of his villains on Flash this season believe it or not. Brainstorm.

http://arrow.wikia.com/wiki/Dominic_Lanse

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Dominic_Lanse_(Prime_Earth)

Eric Williams, who wrote the New 52 Mr. Terrific series, created him and I think Williams has done some producing work for Flash this season. I'm not really watching Flash this season but I don't think Lanse was on there that long. But it's cool that he got into live-action in some form.

I was looking at some of Williams other creations and he did create another villain for Terrific.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Tomorrow_Thief_(Prime_Earth)

« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 04:30:13 pm by Emperorjones »

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2018, 04:54:44 pm »
The guy from Flash is a good actor.

I am looking forward to "The Terrifics" So far their new age heroes line has been good.

I think Mr. T. would work best as a murder mystery. Using his tech and genius to track an equally genius serial killer.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2018, 05:15:14 pm »

I am looking forward to "The Terrifics" So far their new age heroes line has been good.

I think Mr. T. would work best as a murder mystery. Using his tech and genius to track an equally genius serial killer.

I hadn't thought about Terrific being in a mystery story. That sounds pretty cool. I am also curious about the Terrifics book and plan on picking up the first issue. I've liked a good deal of Rebirth. Of the new heroes, I think that both Silencer and Sideways had promising starts. I would like to check out Damage, but haven't so far.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2018, 05:25:37 pm »

I hadn't thought about Terrific being in a mystery story. That sounds pretty cool. I am also curious about the Terrifics book and plan on picking up the first issue. I've liked a good deal of Rebirth. Of the new heroes, I think that both Silencer and Sideways had promising starts. I would like to check out Damage, but haven't so far.

Your in the same boat as I am. lol. Those are the two I picked up. Really like the art for Sideways.
Reggie Hudlin-

APEXABYSS

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2018, 07:23:15 pm »
wait! I just want to stop, gather my thoughts & soak-up these moments. BP on the big screen. blows audiences away. A smash-hit. Hey, HEFfars, we all should be celebrating. HIP- HIP...! HIP- HIP...! at the end of the day we're all just fans & BP enthusiasts.

it's okay for sports fans to 'wild-out"? BP fans can get amp too! HEF 4ever!