Author Topic: Study Declares Detroit the Worst City for Singles  (Read 353 times)

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
Study Declares Detroit the Worst City for Singles
« on: November 12, 2018, 04:20:13 pm »
..... Well dang, it figures...  i guess it's no luck for me, regardless-- >:( >:( ??? ??? :-[ :-[

https://www.metrotimes.com/the-scene/archives/2018/11/12/study-confirms-what-we-already-know-detroit-is-one-of-the-worst-cities-for-singles

You may have a tougher time finding a new bae to keep you warm this cuffing season as our fears have finally been realized Detroit is a pretty terrible place to be single.

Though this is a sentiment that many of us have felt for years, at least now we can bemoan that our banishment to singledom is backed by data, according to a new study by WalletHub.

The study, which ranks 182 major cities across the nation, puts Detroit at number 140 the lowest rank for any major metropolitan city. The study weighs against different factors across the categories of economics, fun and recreation, and dating opportunities. These categories are then broken down further into several weighted subcategories such as the average cost of a restaurant meal, nightlife options per capita, and gender balance. Unfortunately for Detroiters, we score low in a myriad of categories.

Detroit ranked number one in the nation as both the city with the highest percentage of single people and the city with the least online dating opportunities.

study link/rankings:

https://wallethub.com/edu/best-worst-cities-for-singles/9015/#videos-for-news-use

Best Cities for Singles

1   Atlanta, GA
2   Denver, CO
3   San Francisco, CA
4   Portland, OR   
5   Los Angeles, CA   
6   Seattle, WA   
7   Chicago, IL   
8   San Diego, CA   
9   Minneapolis, MN   
10   Portland, ME   
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 06:18:59 pm by Hypestyle »
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Study Declares Detroit the Worst City for Singles
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 04:40:57 pm »
..... Well dang, it figures...  >:( >:( ??? ??? :-[ :-[

It's not you, Hype. :-\
In criminally aggravated or economically depressed neighborhoods, females are seeking males that can protect them physically and economically rendering their dating choices quite different than cities on that list. 

The females on that list are in comfort zones for a variety of reasons. The male turnover rate (and vice versa) is far more frequent than in Detroit.

Best Cities for Singles

1   Atlanta, GA
2   Denver, CO
3   San Francisco, CA
4   Portland, OR   
5   Los Angeles, CA   
6   Seattle, WA   
7   Chicago, IL   
8   San Diego, CA   
9   Minneapolis, MN   
10   Portland, ME

The bold on that list I can absolutely, positively confirm is 1 trillion percent true.
Although, I'm going on information from 1993 - 1994, it is useful to know that this list is consistent as of 2018.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 11:44:46 pm »
Interesting list.  I wonder if including race changes up the answers.  For example, what the best place for single black women? 

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 02:28:02 am »
Interesting list.  I wonder if including race changes up the answers.  For example, what the best place for single black women?

for sure. I'll have to see if I can contact these folks to get some more demographic breakdowns.
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 04:17:33 am »

That's a good question.

I based my opinion & experiences solely on white women.  Hadn't factored others, although I didn't discriminate in the least. ;D