Author Topic: DO GAYS EXIST EVERYWHERE?  (Read 1953 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
DO GAYS EXIST EVERYWHERE?
« on: October 15, 2011, 09:39:09 am »
DAILY BEAST:

15 Oct 2011 11:25 AM
Do Gays Exist Everywhere?

Not really, as evidenced by the hypersexual Aka people of central Africa:

The tribespeople, like Ahmadinejad, claimed there was no homosexuality of any kind in their culture. "The Aka, in particular, had a difficult time understanding the concept and mechanics of same-sex relationships," [anthropologists Barry and Bonnie Hewlett] write. "No word existed and it was necessary to repeatedly describe the sexual act … we thought that maybe they were shy or embarrassed, but this would have been uncharacteristic of the Aka that we had known for so long."

Apparently, the Aka aren’t alone in their homo-naivete. In 1976, another team of anthropologists sifted through the Standard Cross-Cultural Sample data for attitudes toward homosexuality and found that people in five of 42 cultures listed had no concept of same-sex desire or behaviors. It’s not that these cultures penalized or disapproved of homosexuality. Rather, they didn't even know what it was.

As Jesse Bering quips, "[T]here really are societies in which homosexuality does not exist; Iran’s just not one of them."

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: DO GAYS EXIST EVERYWHERE?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 05:24:14 pm »
DAILY BEAST:

15 Oct 2011 11:25 AM
Do Gays Exist Everywhere?

Not really, as evidenced by the hypersexual Aka people of central Africa:

The tribespeople, like Ahmadinejad, claimed there was no homosexuality of any kind in their culture. "The Aka, in particular, had a difficult time understanding the concept and mechanics of same-sex relationships," [anthropologists Barry and Bonnie Hewlett] write. "No word existed and it was necessary to repeatedly describe the sexual act … we thought that maybe they were shy or embarrassed, but this would have been uncharacteristic of the Aka that we had known for so long."

Apparently, the Aka aren’t alone in their homo-naivete. In 1976, another team of anthropologists sifted through the Standard Cross-Cultural Sample data for attitudes toward homosexuality and found that people in five of 42 cultures listed had no concept of same-sex desire or behaviors. It’s not that these cultures penalized or disapproved of homosexuality. Rather, they didn't even know what it was.

Interesting...
Reading this article makes me wonder if homosexuality is a 'learned behavior' or... what?
Then years ago, I've heard others claim that homosexuality is the next level in the evolution of man.  I'm like,

"How so?" ???

Offline Redjack

• Honorary Wakandan
  • i've never had a hero. i don't worship people.
    • View Profile
    • a dreamnasium
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 09:00:18 pm »
this study is essentially meaningless. It's like asking "do albinos exist everywhere? or do blond people exist everywhere?" even if the answer is "no" the percentage of societies in which they do not exist is so tiny that it's meaningless in the aggregate.

it's biology, not choice.

now it may be possible that this one small subgroup of humanity lacks the necessary genetics that, coupled with unknown environmental factors, adds up to homosexuality but, again, so what?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 06:03:11 pm by Redjack »
Soon you will come to know. When the bullet hits the bone.

Offline Kristopher

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 02:29:29 pm »
Interesting...
Reading this article makes me wonder if homosexuality is a 'learned behavior' or... what?
Then years ago, I've heard others claim that homosexuality is the next level in the evolution of man.  I'm like,

"How so?" ???

No surprise here. The Aka and the Ngandu are Hunter-gatherers. They're busy people. Given the importance placed on having many children—coupled with a high infant mortality rate—they view sex as an exercise in gathering offspring, a form of nocturnal labor that is just as important as their subsistence activities during daylight. They're getting down up to 3 times a night. They literally don't have time for gayness. Neither does "Shangé" :)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 03:53:41 pm »

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 09:29:50 am »
this study is essentially meaningless. It's like asking "do albinos exist everywhere? or do blond people exist everywhere?" even if the answer is "no" the percentage of societies win which they do not exist is so tiny that it's meaningless in the aggregate.

it's biology, not choice.

now it may be possible that this one small subgroup of humanity lacks the necessary genetics that, coupled with unknown environmental factors, adds up to homosexuality but, again, so what?
I agree. What it's basically saying is that their style of living puts so much pressure on them that issues of sexual attraction never come into it.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 06:24:19 pm »
One of the reasons I'm not feeling Mayor Pete's presidential run is because I'm concerned about examples like this:

Former republican Congressman, known for voting on anti-gay legislation, caught making out with guys... ???

Are you shocked & stunned?

Would You Like To Know More?
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/06/us/politics/aaron-schock-charges.html
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 03:04:08 am by Battle »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 04:49:24 am »
Posted on Twitter:

"Very interesting analysis of fines and fees practices in South Bend, IN under Mayor Pete. To boost "economic development," Mayor Pete boosted civil penalties by 25% and handed out more than $500k in fines. Unsurprisingly, enforcement happened most often in communities of color."