Author Topic: Rogue's Gallery  (Read 1229 times)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Rogue's Gallery
« on: March 04, 2018, 06:26:25 am »
I've been thinking of BP's rogue's gallery and why it's so hard.

Then it hits me.

(This of course is generalized)

Spider-man's rogues are animal motiff (Doc Ock, Lizard) with sci-fi (Goblin, Electro) thrown in.
Captain America's are political (Skull), the system (Hydra, Secret Empire)...
Iron Man's are tech based
Fantastic Four are science fiction (Doctor Doom) and high adventure (Galactus)
Thor's are mythical (Loki), cosmic and war
Hulk's are monsters and gamma themed and US military.

For Black Panther  he fits all these categories.
He fits well with sci-fi and tech, political, myths, war (even cosmic), and even the animal motiff (That's why Man-Ape won't go away).
This is why Doctor Doom, Namor, Galactus, Thanos, and even Mephisto fit.  Shoot, even the Leader or U.S. Military (Hulk foes) and Loki could fit.

But it makes it hard, bc all the good villains are already established with someone else.

Makes me think that Kang would be a good on-going villain for BP.  Since he's an avenger foe, there's already a connection. But Kang wants to beat the greatest challenge.  Not going after Wakanda doesn't fit him.  (Well, unless he picked a different era to fight BP and Wakanda.  ) 

But Kang is sci-fi, political, war, tech, and even potentially mythical.  He'd also be a challenge, because plans for time traveling foes who have access to see your plans before you even write them require real plotting.  Plus, his tech probably includes future Wakandan tech and he probably has access to vibranium and future anti-vibranium tech. 

(The only thing is I wish Kang would get a new look--never liked his look.)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 06:44:10 am by KIP LEWIS »

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue's Gallery
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 01:48:50 pm »
Kang vs BP would be great I have zero faith in it being done right in the comics but in Flim would probably be best bet..

Pull List

Offline Amenra11

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 06:41:37 am »
I think his villains should be tied together with a similar theme.

I think monarchs, who rule other fictional realms and each serve as contrast to an aspect of BP would be a good idea. M'Butu (Nigandan) and Zandra (Narobia) are good starts; they just need to be updated.

I like Namor and Doom but they have the same problem as Storm. He needs characters from his book.

I also like the idea of other animal totems and their champions as rivals.

Offline BlackClaw

• Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared! Be prepared!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 07:54:57 am »
I think his villains should be tied together with a similar theme.

I think monarchs, who rule other fictional realms and each serve as contrast to an aspect of BP would be a good idea. M'Butu (Nigandan) and Zandra (Narobia) are good starts; they just need to be updated.

I like Namor and Doom but they have the same problem as Storm. He needs characters from his book.

I also like the idea of other animal totems and their champions as rivals.

That crocodile necklace from Avengers Assemble would be a nice item for a villain to have.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 03:20:48 pm »
BP has ok rogue gallery they just all need to be brought back from limbo and written to their potential..
Pull List