Author Topic: Black Panther 2 Speculation Thread  (Read 41056 times)

Offline DigiCom

• View Profile
Re: Black Panther 2 Speculation Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2018, 12:36:18 pm »
Short range teleportation however... i could see that being Shuri's next "big" James Bond addition.

I don't know... teleportation is really difficult  to protect against, unless you throw in some forced weakness to nerf it. Miniaturizing the existing cloaking tech, and coming up with a more cinematic twist on the daggers (so they don't look like generic energy blasts) seem like a more natural extrapolation of the tech from BP1.

I'm also not crazy about using Mephisto, because let's face it... once you've single-handedly defeated the actual Devil, where do you go from there? ;)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2018, 12:51:20 pm »
Mephisto could be more of a spirit (african lore of sorts??) than the true devil.

Energy daggers... you all know what I want!

Offline DigiCom

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2018, 12:58:09 pm »
Reminds me of Spaceketeers.

(And I'll be stunned if any of you know what that is without looking it up. :) )

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2018, 01:18:36 pm »
Short range teleportation however... i could see that being Shuri's next "big" James Bond addition.

I don't know... teleportation is really difficult  to protect against, unless you throw in some forced weakness to nerf it. Miniaturizing the existing cloaking tech, and coming up with a more cinematic twist on the daggers (so they don't look like generic energy blasts) seem like a more natural extrapolation of the tech from BP1.

I'm also not crazy about using Mephisto, because let's face it... once you've single-handedly defeated the actual Devil, where do you go from there? ;)

My only issue with cloaking is that it takes away form him already being super stealthy as it is. As for the daggers? Beware... Come on, Disney owns starwars and Marvel, and the Force push is already used in bp..... modern day Jedi Master Tchalla here  8)

Mephisto could be a demon, like MoS said it's T'chadwicks favorite story, it's gotta shown up in some form

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2018, 01:23:55 pm »

I do think cloaking and energy daggers will be the obvious inclusions for BP 2.

I don't think the cloaking will be that big a wow moment (then again...) but the energy daggers, depending on how they do it, would certainly be.  Esp if they do all that extending circus stuff MoS is so fond of seeing.

Teleportation would be a big whoa moment tho, but an OP one i guess, but that depends on what type of teleportation (willy nilly nightcrawler type... or set coordinates coming in hot type).
How many leaders you said you needed then left Ďem for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, itís King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2018, 01:27:20 pm »
And comes down to the villain, bc often they are either running away from him (Bucky, Klaw) or getting bodied 1 on 20 (Nigerian traffickers, Jabari tribe).  And for those running away, they always end up about to get throat slashed before divine intervention

How many leaders you said you needed then left Ďem for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, itís King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline DigiCom

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2018, 02:19:17 pm »

My only issue with cloaking is that it takes away form him already being super stealthy as it is. As for the daggers? Beware... Come on, Disney owns starwars and Marvel, and the Force push is already used in bp..... modern day Jedi Master Tchalla here  8)

Mephisto could be a demon, like MoS said it's T'chadwicks favorite story, it's gotta shown up in some form

I was thinking something less about stealth, more about tactics, like the cloak used by Rukh in the most recent episode of STAR WARS REBELS.

And I'm not saying we can't use Mephisto (or some African equivalent) at all.  Just not in the second movie.  BP3, maybe.

Actually that works... first movie, protect Wakanda from a basically internal threat.
Second movie,  protect Wakanda from an external foreign threat... say Achebe and the Desturi.
Third movie, protect Wakanda from an extradimensional threat. 

That gives you a nice ramping up of threat level (and an excuse for that thrice-blessed armor, although I'd be happier if it was redesigned to look less like 16th-century German Maximilian armor)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2018, 02:40:47 pm »

I was thinking something less about stealth, more about tactics, like the cloak used by Rukh in the most recent episode of STAR WARS REBELS.

And I'm not saying we can't use Mephisto (or some African equivalent) at all.  Just not in the second movie.  BP3, maybe.

Actually that works... first movie, protect Wakanda from a basically internal threat.
Second movie,  protect Wakanda from an external foreign threat... say Achebe and the Desturi.

That gives you a nice ramping up of threat level (and an excuse for that thrice-blessed armor, although I'd be happier if it was redesigned to look less like 16th-century German Maximilian armor)

My concern about "cloaking"...IF they use it at all...is that they'll make it some form of hybrid PREDATOR/KLINGON BIRD OF PREY Cloaking Device crafted by Shuri.

I'm old skool. As yall see in my fanfic, I prefer my T'Challa to be stealthy all because he's stealthy like that. And yeah, inclusive of tactics to amp his already unequaled, unsurpassed stealth. T'Challa should be widely hailed and acknowledged by acclaim as the stealthiest character in Marvel. In the animated Avengers series they already did that, for all intents and purposes.

But I want it to be clear that T'CHALLA INDEPENDENT OF HIS SUIT IS STUPID STEALTHY. His habit simply amps that which he already naturally has. His mental disciplines which he learned to become Panther? Should allow him to thwart most psionic means of detection. His inherent megagenius should allow him to do the great majority of the rest. His habit comes in when he has to deal with Thanos, Silver Surfer, Supreme Intelligence, etc level senses. Even then, he can come upon them in close quarters ere they're aware of him, a good percentage of the time.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Offline DigiCom

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2018, 03:30:38 pm »
Brother Supreme:

I understand and accept that you like a T'Challa a bit higher powered than I do.... but what works in comics doesn't always work on screen.

Here's the scene I was talking about.  Imagine a fight like this in broad daylight, with T'Challa popping into and out of visibility:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4RIVM459pE

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2018, 03:33:23 pm »
Responding to Kips post

I only agreed with the Kraven one lol.

If we do a prequel. Make it Tchalla. He was BP for ten years before the movie. Might as well take advantage and do straight action adventure. That way it can come out faster without having to wait for Infinity War sequel.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 03:35:25 pm by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline DigiCom

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2018, 03:40:42 pm »
How about a prequel exploring the whole T'Nakia romance?

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2018, 03:55:23 pm »
Responding to Kips post

I only agreed with the Kraven one lol.

If we do a prequel. Make it Tchalla. He was BP for ten years before the movie. Might as well take advantage and do straight action adventure. That way it can come out faster without having to wait for Infinity War sequel.

Yeah, Kraven I like. 

I also can't say giving Shuri a girl-focus animated series like DC's Super Hero Girls series is a bad idea.  Not for me, but it could be a good thing.

The only prequel I want to see is T'Chaka as Black Panther in the 90s.   Maybe their grandfather in WW2.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2018, 04:00:08 pm »

I hear ya. Strum und Drang/world tour Story it is.

But one thing I would like for sure is for either T'Challa to add the Daggers and have Shuri ask when did he have time to make that upgrade, or atleast have him come to her with his detailed designs and say something along the lines of " I trust you can have this done by tomorrow morning or something" but I want more then just a "Your suit Is outdated" to showcase his genius

APEXABYSS

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2018, 04:06:59 pm »
Every year a ritual combat ceremony is performed and any Wakandan who is of royal blood (which is kind of everyone, since theyíre an isolated country) is allowed to fight for the throne.--Ture

What if this happened in real life? Could you handle it? Could you handle someone challenging BP for the throne to become the new BP & ruler of Wakanda?

Itís not a what if! Itís happening now. No BP creator has done what WWO has done for BP. None.
Where does vibranium come from? WWO answers that question. From outer-space. Wu-Kandan World Order- not talking about planet earth. Coates needs a late-pass!

BP vs. BP=WWO. Strong female dora-general=WWO. Strong female cast=WWO. Complicated relationship with an ex=WWO. Wakandan tech & fashion design=WWO. Malcolm X & MLK dynamic ( General sehkmet+Tchallah= killmonger & bp)=WWO. 

No one BP story comes close to the movie except for WWO. Breaking box-office records! Iím not on no Sophia Stewart BS. Itís all a give-a-way. Iíve kept the good stuff for later use. Some may try to undermine my writing skills, which is why I chose not to express, until the time is appropriate. WWO is a written saga. I'm not asking is it okay if I write a BP story. I took the story & made it better, without permission. the take-over is real! deal with it!

the only thing I've ever asked for was inclusion. especially for those here at the HEF. Hhmmmm!

Bottomline. ďMY BP CAN KICK YOUR BPíS A$$Ē!

The future will be filled with worthy challengers trying to defeat the current Pharoah King = Ape X Abyss!

so wide you canít get around it. So low you canít get under it. So high you canít get over it. 
Can you accept the reality

ďDo not confuse the methods with the objectives.ĒóMalcolm X

« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 04:09:27 pm by APEXABYSS »