Author Topic: AQUAMAN  (Read 2594 times)

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 03:54:03 pm by Emperorjones »

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 01:02:19 pm by Emperorjones »

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
Re: AQUAMAN
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2018, 09:15:22 am »
https://www.cbr.com/aqualad-aquaman-young-justice-outsiders/
Young Justice: Outsiders Turns Aqualad Into A Major DC Superhero
by Justin Carter – on Dec 20, 2018 in TV, TV News

https://www.cbr.com/aqualad-aquaman-young-justice-outsiders/
Say hello to the new Aquaman. With Young Justice: Outsiders weeks away from premiering, the third season of Young Justice show will have some big changes.

Specifically, Kaldur’ahm, the Young Justice leader formerly known as Aqualad, will take on the superhero mantle that once belonged to Arthur Curry to become Aquaman.

RELATED: A Young Justice: Outsiders Prequel Comic is Coming to DC Universe

View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter

Brandon Vietti
@BrandonVietti
 Aqualad is now AQUAMAN!#YoungJusticeOutsiders @TheDCUniverse @kharypayton

3:30 PM - Dec 20, 2018
573 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, series producer Greg Weisman explained that the choice was obvious. The first season of the show established that Aquaman had too much on his plate as a superhero in the Justice League and as the King of Atlantis. Kaldur was always going to take over as Aquaman to give Arthur Curry more time to rule.

ADVERTISING
"After everything that’s happened in season one and season two," Weisman said, "and the leadership qualities that Kaldur has shown, Orin looks at Kaldur and says, ‘You’re ready.’ It’s a pretty momentous year for him.”

RELATED: DC Universe 2019 Original Series Scheduled Release Dates

While he eventually found his way into the DC Universe, this Aqualad was created specifically for Young Justice. Kaldur was one of the founding members of the team that first found Superboy.

Five years after the events of Young Justice's season one, he seemingly defected to join his father Black Manta, who was simply operating as Manta, but was later revealed to be a double agent. After defeating his father and helping to stop the Reach invasion, Kaldur resumed his duties as team leader while Nightwing took a leave of absence from the team.
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2018, 06:52:25 am »
hopefully the film will be successful for several weeks in a row and also at foreign cinemas.  It can help to propel the business case for a sequel, and also potentially inspire Disney to be more aggressive in regaining the full Sub-Mariner development rights.
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2018, 01:05:49 am »
I saw this and Mary Poppins 2 and I see why people liked this as the DCEU bar is so low this passable movie feels like a cinematic superhero high point. I give Warner props that they want to move away from the Snyder stuff but cramming three stories into one and failing to make any of them really connect has confirmed that I’m out of watching any further live action DC movies

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2018, 03:51:36 am »
I've seen the film twice now, and I liked it a lot. It wasn't perfect, but definitely another step in the direction DC needs to go. The film was overstuffed, but I'm not too mad at that. I felt they were throwing a ton of stuff in in an attempt to hook the audience, an audience, and their exuberance was appreciated. It did lead to the film being about 20-30 minutes too long. I liked Black Manta and his backstory but the more I think about it, I wish that had been at the end of the film or the mid-credits scene
Spoiler (click to reveal)
where his father dies, though that would've messed up Arthur not learning a lesson and some of the character growth for him.

Ocean Master could've carried the film alone and they could've just set up Black Manta for the second one, instead of having two fights with Black Manta in this film. Though if the feeling/fear was that there might not be another one, why not at least put Black Manta in this one, and in action, even if we've seen him get beaten twice already, so his threat level is lessened.
When I think back about it, the henchman Murk could've been the guy instead of Black Manta in this film. Or it would've been great to see King Shark as well. This film spared no expense when it came to CGI and King Shark could've fit in well here.
For the most part the CGI was on point, though DC has not mastered the de-aging process as well as Marvel has (really just the Ant-Man films).

There was little I disliked about the film. I didn't love the soundtrack, though the Skylar Grey song grew on me the second time, and the Pitbull song sounded less atrocious.
I do wish a few more references had been made to the DCEU. I wish a line had been put in when Arthur and Mera were at a lowpoint and she could've asked about the Justice League, and have Arthur say something about them not being on the planet or something, just a reason for them not to show up when the surface was being threatened like that.
But I loved a lot about it. The vision, ambition, the colors, the spectacle. This was a film made for to watch in a theater.

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2018, 11:36:51 am »
This movie is tailor made to watch on FX Has The Movies cause it’s a waste of time to see this at the theater and I can not roll with you on that Pitbull song cause it is hot audio garbage

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2018, 02:16:11 pm »
I'm not going to argue with you about the Pitbull song. I do think the visuals are worth a theater visit though.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2018, 03:28:26 pm »
Aquaman was great.

liked the interaction/story of Manta and his father/grandfather. Sets a table for Kaldur in the future. Some of his lines needed better delivery though.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2018, 06:55:00 pm »
I had a really good time with this one. Momoa
pulls off his end pretty well. Amber Herd was
kinda stiff but it doesn't hurt the movie any.

The film biggest problem is that Manta's way more of an
interesting villain than Ocean Master is, but the movie is
mostly about Arthur v. Orm/Ocean Master.

They could have given Ocean Master some flashback
scenes so we could see his side of things. But we don't.
All we know is that Orm dislikes his brother but he REALLY hates pollution.  So much so he is willing
to commit  genocide over it.

Kinda hard to relate to.

Manta, however is after the guy who killed his dad. That we
understand.

This felt like they weren't sure that they would ever get to make an Aquaman 2  (which given the situation was a reasonable thing to think) so they had to get Ocean Master and Manta done in one.