Author Topic: Black Panther #170 SPOILERS Plot Twist Ahead  (Read 1959 times)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther #170 SPOILERS Plot Twist Ahead
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2018, 07:04:02 pm »
I'm getting really sick of these out of franchise Characters taking up so much space in the BP book. Plus in getting tired T'Challa not doing sh*t.  Call in a N'Yami class mothership and blow them away. Stop with this storm bullsh*t. 23 issues (29 of you include Bp Crew) and what had T'Challa done of noteworth? What had been his big feat?  Speeches? Ordering people around? Relying on x men Characters constantly? We had 3 out of franchise Characters show up in this Issue.. T'Challa gives Zero f*cks about the franchise.

He ain't even world building. You can't world build when your hardly using the characters in that franchise. I could say yeah this was a better issue, but what's the point? It's just a slightly more polished turd Then the other issues. Literally all the feats And such have been given to other characters. Coates BP is just there. To give orders throw a spear snd be rescued by Storm. I bet storm fans are salivating at the mouth because og this.

Marvel needs to just let him write Cap and the Storm solo he obviously wants to write and let Evans take over after Rise,
or better yet, turn it into an ongoing and then let Redjack on BP

I thought the issue was good, but then when you fanfic it, yours sounds way better. lol

The Storm crew was happyish. Apparently freezing an army wasn't good enough. lol
I posted that she had a great feat today and they said it wasn't. I thought to myself "I wonder if they know this is the best he will probably do for her" lol

The tragedy is, he is still doing the exact same thing since the first issue of the arc. Fighting the monsters. Stuck in the mud. lol

Why would they think that's not a great feat? (Let me guess; Storm didn't need BP to shield anyone from the ice, because Storm's control over the weather is so absolute she can freeze the bad guys without touching the good guys?!?)

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2018, 07:09:45 pm »
I'm getting really sick of these out of franchise Characters taking up so much space in the BP book. Plus in getting tired T'Challa not doing sh*t.  Call in a N'Yami class mothership and blow them away. Stop with this storm bullsh*t. 23 issues (29 of you include Bp Crew) and what had T'Challa done of noteworth? What had been his big feat?  Speeches? Ordering people around? Relying on x men Characters constantly? We had 3 out of franchise Characters show up in this Issue.. T'Challa gives Zero f*cks about the franchise.

He ain't even world building. You can't world build when your hardly using the characters in that franchise. I could say yeah this was a better issue, but what's the point? It's just a slightly more polished turd Then the other issues. Literally all the feats And such have been given to other characters. Coates BP is just there. To give orders throw a spear snd be rescued by Storm. I bet storm fans are salivating at the mouth because og this.

Marvel needs to just let him write Cap and the Storm solo he obviously wants to write and let Evans take over after Rise,

I thought the issue was good, but then when you fanfic it, yours sounds way better. lol

The Storm crew was happyish. Apparently freezing an army wasn't good enough. lol
I posted that she had a great feat today and they said it wasn't. I thought to myself "I wonder if they know this is the best he will probably do for her" lol

The tragedy is, he is still doing the exact same thing since the first issue of the arc. Fighting the monsters. Stuck in the mud. lol

Why would they think that's not a great feat? (Let me guess; Storm didn't need BP to shield anyone from the ice, because Storm's control over the weather is so absolute she can freeze the bad guys without touching the good guys?!?)

I didn't risk asking. I thought the answer would be too out there. But that is probably not far off.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2018, 09:42:59 pm »
The big brawl would have been a good time to break out the purple gauntlets. Those things can hurt Namor. Tchalla would have cleaned house. Lol
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2018, 09:51:27 pm »

By Coates standard, the Issue was good, probably one of the best issue's. However it's the same tired isht over and over again. And I'm tired of Tchalla giving feats away to supporting cast that aren't even apart of his franchise. Tchalla has been able to do literally Zero things on his own.
Coates took no one man literally meaning everything Tchalla does, he has an entourage, even wiping his ass

Offline Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2018, 03:42:27 am »
Coates took no one man literally meaning everything Tchalla does, he has an entourage, even wiping his ass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ5rbPlsdHw ?

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2018, 05:05:02 am »
The big brawl would have been a good time to break out the purple gauntlets. Those things can hurt Namor. Tchalla would have cleaned house. Lol

or do something imaginative with the spear other than "throw at main boss"

It is a pointy staff, I mean come the f*ck on lol. Go watch an action movie or something

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2018, 06:14:08 am »

By Coates standard, the Issue was good, probably one of the best issue's. However it's the same tired isht over and over again. And I'm tired of Tchalla giving feats away to supporting cast that aren't even apart of his franchise. Tchalla has been able to do literally Zero things on his own.

There is no reason for Thunderball to exist in this book. I thought they were going to go they "he is going to be a traitor but we are prepped for it" route after Tchallas convo with shuri... which would have been cool because it would be tchalla having plans on plans.

But naw... he's being a brick. Just have Wakandan scientists do sh*t then and get a Wakandan brick. Like Gentle, especially since he is about to be in the Xmen book.

Ditto for Eden. He simply does not need to exist int his book anymore. He only still functions as an Uber.

And then of course Storm. Her inclusion makes some since because of the history but is it really needed now?

If you are going to do "guest appearances"... at least use characters that may drive sales or are cool. Have Voodoo teleport people in. Have Falcon show up. What is Miles up to? Blade? Blue Marvel? Or bring in A listers for giggles.

No one is buying this book for god damn Thunderball or Eden. And I doubt anyone gives a sh*t about them at all.

I like that Zuvari (or whateve rthe F his name is) gets stuff to do now at least. But he isn't worth dealing with the outsider trio.

It isn't "world building" if you use people not of the Black Panther Mythos world.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2018, 07:22:12 am »

There is no reason for Thunderball to exist in this book. I thought they were going to go they "he is going to be a traitor but we are prepped for it" route after Tchallas convo with shuri... which would have been cool because it would be tchalla having plans on plans.

But naw... he's being a brick. Just have Wakandan scientists do sh*t then and get a Wakandan brick. Like Gentle, especially since he is about to be in the Xmen book.

Ditto for Eden. He simply does not need to exist int his book anymore. He only still functions as an Uber.

And then of course Storm. Her inclusion makes some since because of the history but is it really needed now?

If you are going to do "guest appearances"... at least use characters that may drive sales or are cool. Have Voodoo teleport people in. Have Falcon show up. What is Miles up to? Blade? Blue Marvel? Or bring in A listers for giggles.

No one is buying this book for god damn Thunderball or Eden. And I doubt anyone gives a sh*t about them at all.

I like that Zuvari (or whateve rthe F his name is) gets stuff to do now at least. But he isn't worth dealing with the outsider trio.

It isn't "world building" if you use people not of the Black Panther Mythos world.

If Zuvari is the old man, he has the potential to be an uncle Iroh(Avatar)
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2018, 02:46:32 pm »
If Zuvari is the old man, he has the potential to be an uncle Iroh(Avatar)

Or MCU!Zuri.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2018, 10:20:02 pm »

Eden never had a purpose other then to take feats away fro. T'Challa. Like that literally what the entire supporting cast role had been in Coates Run. And it's garbage

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2018, 05:05:35 am »
Eden is such a lame

I read y'alls spoilers... of course it's her... lol... smh
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2018, 05:12:13 am »
Eden is such a lame

I read y'alls spoilers... of course it's her... lol... smh

black Nightcrawler could be cool too

hell, his action scene in The Crew was cool

but Coates has literally done nothing with him. NOTHING! all he does is move people around.

He has had 0 characterization. It isn't even a single exaggeration that he literally just teleports people at T'challa's behest.

In fact, he went backwards... Coates stripped his aboriginal orgins and basically made him just black for his failed Crew book.

It ain't like Eden has fans. If you just needed a teleporter, why didn't he just event his own teleporting Wakandan? Or just use BP tech.

Offline mrkareemruiz

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2018, 05:24:16 am »

Aboriginal means black. Black people are the first everywhere in this world.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2018, 05:47:02 am »

Aboriginal means black. Black people are the first everywhere in this world.

Eden aboriginal australian and coates made him NY black

There is a difference. A big one. He stripped one of Eden's defining traits and what made him somewhat unique.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2018, 05:58:11 am »
Was Eden's father Gateway, from X-Men comics?