Author Topic: Black Panther #170 SPOILERS Plot Twist Ahead  (Read 1958 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Re: Black Panther #170 SPOILERS Plot Twist Ahead
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2018, 06:10:08 am »
Was Eden's father Gateway, from X-Men comics?

according to wiki, no

Gateway was his mentor

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2018, 06:43:27 am »
Eden is such a lame

I read y'alls spoilers... of course it's her... lol... smh

black Nightcrawler could be cool too

hell, his action scene in The Crew was cool

but Coates has literally done nothing with him. NOTHING! all he does is move people around.

He has had 0 characterization. It isn't even a single exaggeration that he literally just teleports people at T'challa's behest.

In fact, he went backwards... Coates stripped his aboriginal orgins and basically made him just black for his failed Crew book.

It ain't like Eden has fans. If you just needed a teleporter, why didn't he just event his own teleporting Wakandan? Or just use BP tech.

So basically Eden is just our version of Cyborg?  ???

We already got our own Wakandan motherbox, from Hickman [short and long range] and Ewing [very long range]

Eden should kick rocks and feel lucky he still got half his face and private parts

How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2018, 06:45:47 am »
Eden is such a lame

but Coates has literally done nothing with him. NOTHING! all he does is move people around.

He has had 0 characterization. It isn't even a single exaggeration that he literally just teleports people at T'challa's behest.

In fact, he went backwards... Coates stripped his aboriginal orgins and basically made him just black for his failed Crew book.

It ain't like Eden has fans. If you just needed a teleporter, why didn't he just event his own teleporting Wakandan? Or just use BP tech.

So basically Eden is just our version of Cyborg?  ???

We already got our own Wakandan motherbox, from Hickman [short and long range] and Ewing [very long range]

Eden should kick rocks and feel lucky he still got half his face and private parts

T'challa should stop paying Uber Eden and just use his personal sky bike

or use one of those "way faster than Iron Man" sonic jets (I see you Evan!)

Or just use Nightcrawler because at least Nightcrawler is cool lol

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2018, 07:03:46 am »
Again Eden is needed because no one man
Same with Thunderball, Same with Storm why else would he have appeared out of thin air despite T'Challa never interacting with him? Then add insult to injury, a tech fest and KotD feat is ruined because he needed Eden to get to the djalia and assist with the KotD. He literally had the resources/ tech to handle situations like this without outside help. Sure taking thunder Ball and expecting a betrayal would of been cool and a good use of and upon plans, but nope, just another Character no one cares and taking up panel space from actually supporting cast. Shuri has gotten Zero development either, she is basically just took T'Challas pragmatic personality and is KotD power. Coates is making this a boring book with boring team ups of characters no one care about and won't boost sales (which given his drek writing it's good) remember when he said Ultimates would shown up? I wonder why they didn't..

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2018, 07:10:51 am »
Same with Thunderball, Same with Storm why else would he have appeared out of thin air despite T'Challa never interacting with him? Then add insult to injury, a tech fest and KotD feat is ruined because he needed Eden to get to the djalia and assist with the KotD. He literally had the resources/ tech to handle situations like this without outside help. Sure taking thunder Ball and expecting a betrayal would of been cool and a good use of and upon plans, but nope, just another Character no one cares and taking up panel space from actually supporting cast. Shuri has gotten Zero development either, she is basically just took T'Challas pragmatic personality and is KotD power. Coates is making this a boring book with boring team ups of characters no one care about and won't boost sales (which given his drek writing it's good) remember when he said Ultimates would shown up? I wonder why they didn't..

Has he made Black Panther into someone's Spider-Man yet?

It's been nearly 2 years...

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2018, 07:17:53 am »
Yo, i vaguely remember asking this a year or two ago [paraphrased]:

"So guys, what's gonna happen when MCU Shuri/Afrikan Riri becomes the biggest thing for black girls and they turn to the comics to find this dry molasses abomination that is djalia Shuri?"

Where is MC Underbite? 

And yes, that is her self-proclaimed codename.  I dig it

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2018, 07:19:44 am »
Yo, i vaguely remember asking this a year or two ago [paraphrased]:

"So guys, what's gonna happen when MCU Shuri/Afrikan Riri becomes the biggest thing for black girls and they turn to the comics to find this dry molasses abomination that is djalia Shuri?"

Where is MC Underbite? 

And yes, that is her self-proclaimed codename.  I dig it

There should have been a tech savy scientist love interest created if they weren't goign to bring back Malanakia lol

shoulda coulda didn't

storm is cool too......

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2018, 07:41:01 am »
Again this kd why mu Tchalla Should essentially take 90%
 of the MCU version and copy it though given Evans previews, he has Been adapting some things from the movie.  But mcu for BP is 1000% better then the current status quo

Offline BlackClaw

• Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared! Be prepared!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2018, 12:00:16 pm »

Ain't no kid worried about Spidey right now thanks to Coogler and T'Chadwick. Lmao.

Offline True Father 7

• Honorary Wakandan
  • The maker the owner the cream of the planet earth
    • View Profile
    • True's myspace page
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2018, 02:49:49 am »

Grading on the Coates curve, its a decent action comic. unfortunately it continues to jump aroudn in plot, we didn't get any klaw stuff at all.
lol, trying to be nice but after close to 2 years I feel this run should have gotten a clue by now. Doesn't help that Coogler was giving Coates praises in that interview. Best part of this issue was the Wolverine moment in Harlem
"Don't count the days, make the days count"-Muhammad Ali

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2018, 07:38:27 am »
Eden is such a lame

Aboriginal are black so that's now really issues.. They have/had that same issues dealing with white supremacists, racist & etc like we do more or sell.. anti blackness and anit Afrikan ppl is gobal but other wise I agree with ya..
Pull List

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2018, 07:40:06 am »

Lol.....
Pull List

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2018, 06:26:02 am »
two pages only