Author Topic: Black Panther #170 SPOILERS Plot Twist Ahead  (Read 7728 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Black Panther #170 SPOILERS Plot Twist Ahead
« on: February 28, 2018, 05:15:32 am »
- Chang talks to Tetu about stuff

- Large fight against Ras or whatever and his minions. Zuvari does magic, T'challa bosses people around and throws spear, Thunderball does stuff. tchalla is waiting for word that Asira has been rescued and he is waiting for Eden

- Shuri does her Queen of the Dead thing to buy time

- Text message arrives. Eden arrives with reinforcements... Including Storm

- Tchalla uses tech to shield the good guys from her powers, Storm ice storms everyone

- t'challa spears Ras or whatever. Zuvari breaks his mask

- It isn't a he.

- Plot twist, it is Queen Divine Justice.

On one hand... I am happy Coates is figuring out this is a f*cking comic book and in comic books, weird sh*t like this plot twist happen.

But.... there better be a damn good reason why QDJ is like this, how she is like this, or like something. Is she mad about the Jabari? that would make some sense but... we have 2? issues left this season? So he's gotta wrap this sh*t up so....

But if there isn't a damn good reason, he just decided to sh*t on another Priest concept for the sake of... something. I've never been a QDJ fan but still...

anywho, it is typical coates tchalla, who thinks bad ass is telling all the over characters to do stuff while he throws a spear. yay

Like the rest of the run, World of Wakanda would be a much better title than Black Panther.

Grading on the Coates curve, its a decent action comic. unfortunately it continues to jump aroudn in plot, we didn't get any klaw stuff at all.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther #170 SPOILERS Plot Twist Ahead
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 06:15:07 am »
- Chang talks to Tetu about stuff

- Large fight against Ras or whatever and his minions. Zuvari does magic, T'challa bosses people around and throws spear, Thunderball does stuff. tchalla is waiting for word that Asira has been rescued and he is waiting for Eden

- Shuri does her Queen of the Dead thing to buy time

- Text message arrives. Eden arrives with reinforcements... Including Storm

- Tchalla uses tech to shield the good guys from her powers, Storm ice storms everyone

- t'challa spears Ras or whatever. Zuvari breaks his mask

- It isn't a he.

- Plot twist, it is Queen Divine Justice.

On one hand... I am happy Coates is figuring out this is a f*cking comic book and in comic books, weird sh*t like this plot twist happen.

But.... there better be a damn good reason why QDJ is like this, how she is like this, or like something. Is she mad about the Jabari? that would make some sense but... we have 2? issues left this season? So he's gotta wrap this sh*t up so....

But if there isn't a damn good reason, he just decided to sh*t on another Priest concept for the sake of... something. I've never been a QDJ fan but still...

anywho, it is typical coates tchalla, who thinks bad ass is telling all the over characters to do stuff while he throws a spear. yay

Like the rest of the run, World of Wakanda would be a much better title than Black Panther.

Grading on the Coates curve, its a decent action comic. unfortunately it continues to jump aroudn in plot, we didn't get any klaw stuff at all.

Wasn't the priest around for Doomwar and AvX saving people?

She was strapped into that machine, so it could be Faust brain washing.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 06:18:44 am by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 07:29:45 am »
It was a good issue. Finally a real all out battle. This is how the battle in the first arc should have been. He didn't get any lines, but Kasper was there in his new outfit.

Marvel still trying to link these together, but even Ryan isnt having it. Lol(Except for some visuals)

« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 07:35:15 am by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 07:49:21 am »

Marvel still trying to link these together, but even Ryan isnt having it. Lol(Except for some visuals)

I like Coogler because we're the same age roughly (i may have a year on him), we both got introduced to [Priest's] BP when we were young and in search of a black superhero, and we both found Stelfreeze's contributions far more practical than TNC's crap.

I haven't read the issue (don't plan to either) but this interview was clearly the best part of the book  :P
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 08:02:12 am »
TNC not shocking only continues to be trash, pulling random ass ass pulls  & also F#*k Logan..
Pull List

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 08:49:02 am »
It was a good issue. Finally a real all out battle. This is how the battle in the first arc should have been. He didn't get any lines, but Kasper was there in his new outfit.

At least the scale of the battle was fixed

Not just 4 minions lol

Still not sure why thunderball is here...

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 09:18:34 am »

At least the scale of the battle was fixed

Not just 4 minions lol

Still not sure why thunderball is here...

To make TNC feel good about himself..
Pull List

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 09:45:05 am »
And of course nobody cares what Coates is talking about. Thunderball hanging with the Wrecking Crew in Iron Man

But fun news. The hood and his gang curb stopped Doom. lol

« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 09:49:27 am by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 09:46:17 am »
And of course nobody cares what Coates is talking about. Thunderball hanging with the Wrecking Crew in Iron Man

But fun news. The hood and his gang curb stopped Doom. lol

which book?

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2018, 09:50:47 am »

This weeks RiRi title  Blade teaser was bait and switch. Edited previous post with picture.
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Amenra11

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2018, 10:42:13 am »
Another Storm Deus ex Machina

Spoiler (click to reveal)
"yet again the damsel must reduce her champion"

Coates is lurking these forums and trolling his critics, lol.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 10:45:43 am by Amenra11 »

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 10:52:28 am »
Another Storm Deus ex Machina

Spoiler (click to reveal)
"yet again the damsel must reduce her champion"

Coates is lurking these forums and trolling his critics, lol.

THat is the 4th one right?

lightning in the crew
ice storm in the crew
saved the day earlier in this run
and now this one

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 05:50:38 pm »
I'm getting really sick of these out of franchise Characters taking up so much space in the BP book. Plus in getting tired T'Challa not doing sh*t.  Call in a N'Yami class mothership and blow them away. Stop with this storm bullsh*t. 23 issues (29 of you include Bp Crew) and what had T'Challa done of noteworth? What had been his big feat?  Speeches? Ordering people around? Relying on x men Characters constantly? We had 3 out of franchise Characters show up in this Issue.. T'Challa gives Zero f*cks about the franchise.

He ain't even world building. You can't world build when your hardly using the characters in that franchise. I could say yeah this was a better issue, but what's the point? It's just a slightly more polished turd Then the other issues. Literally all the feats And such have been given to other characters. Coates BP is just there. To give orders throw a spear snd be rescued by Storm. I bet storm fans are salivating at the mouth because og this.

Marvel needs to just let him write Cap and the Storm solo he obviously wants to write and let Evans take over after Rise,
or better yet, turn it into an ongoing and then let Redjack on BP

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 06:17:00 pm »
I'm getting really sick of these out of franchise Characters taking up so much space in the BP book. Plus in getting tired T'Challa not doing sh*t.  Call in a N'Yami class mothership and blow them away. Stop with this storm bullsh*t. 23 issues (29 of you include Bp Crew) and what had T'Challa done of noteworth? What had been his big feat?  Speeches? Ordering people around? Relying on x men Characters constantly? We had 3 out of franchise Characters show up in this Issue.. T'Challa gives Zero f*cks about the franchise.

He ain't even world building. You can't world build when your hardly using the characters in that franchise. I could say yeah this was a better issue, but what's the point? It's just a slightly more polished turd Then the other issues. Literally all the feats And such have been given to other characters. Coates BP is just there. To give orders throw a spear snd be rescued by Storm. I bet storm fans are salivating at the mouth because og this.

Marvel needs to just let him write Cap and the Storm solo he obviously wants to write and let Evans take over after Rise,

I thought the issue was good, but then when you fanfic it, yours sounds way better. lol

The Storm crew was happyish. Apparently freezing an army wasn't good enough. lol
I posted that she had a great feat today and they said it wasn't. I thought to myself "I wonder if they know this is the best he will probably do for her" lol

The tragedy is, he is still doing the exact same thing since the first issue of the arc. Fighting the monsters. Stuck in the mud. lol
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 06:28:17 pm by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2018, 06:30:21 pm »

I thought the issue was good, but then when you fanfic it, yours sounds way better. lol

The Storm crew was happyish. Apparently freezing an army wasn't good enough. lol
I posted that she had a great feat today and they said it wasn't. I thought to myself "I wonder if they know this is the best he will probably do for her" lol

The tragedy is, he is still doing the exact same thing since the first issue of the arc. Fighting the monsters. Stuck in the mud. lol

Hey, remember bast and the orisha lol

How did it come to this?