Author Topic: Barack Obama Reveals Which NBA Team He'd Want To Play For  (Read 1112 times)

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
Barack Obama Reveals Which NBA Team He'd Want To Play For
« on: March 01, 2018, 02:41:24 pm »

Barack Obama, the basketball-loving former president, said this week he’d play for the San Antonio Spurs if he were an All-Star free agent in the NBA. The declaration prompted a funny response on Wednesday from Spurs Coach Gregg Popovich.

At an MIT Sports Analytics Conference in Boston, Obama said that as a player he would seek out the five-time champion Spurs because they satisfy his checklist for ideal organizations.

“They’re smart, they’re well-run, they’re focused on team,” he said (listen in the sound clip below). “They treat everybody in the organization with respect, and that is the kind of organization that I want to be a part of. So I would say that over the last 15 years in basketball, San Antonio would be a great example of that.”

“If you look at what they’ve built,” he continued, “it’s just a smart, well-run operation with a good culture.”

Obama’s shoutout did not go unnoticed by the Spurs’ coach, who happens to be a critic of President Donald Trump and a socially conscious fellow. He also has a sense of humor.

“That’s very flattering,” Popovich said, according to the Bay Area News Group. “I’d have to do a background check on him, though, because I’ve heard some things he’s done in the past aren’t very good. I can’t remember where I heard that stuff, but I’d have to do a background check.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/barack-obama-reveals-nba-team-202829782.html

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
Re: Barack Obama Reveals Which NBA Team He'd Want To Play For
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 06:58:00 am »
Thanks for this, Marv. I was just talking with my son last night about different styles of leadership on the court - CP3, Kobe, LeBron, and my pick for best teammate ever, Tim Duncan. That led to a discussion about the overall excellence of the Spurs organization and how they focus on what players can do well to contribute to winning, not on shortcomings. (That's a lesson he needs to apply to his high school teammates.)
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 02:36:49 pm »
Thanks for this, Marv. I was just talking with my son last night about different styles of leadership on the court - CP3, Kobe, LeBron, and my pick for best teammate ever, Tim Duncan. That led to a discussion about the overall excellence of the Spurs organization and how they focus on what players can do well to contribute to winning, not on shortcomings. (That's a lesson he needs to apply to his high school teammates.)

The Spurs Organization is a good thing about being here in San Antonio.

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 08:51:42 pm »
Great conversation!

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 02:41:03 am »
The former U.S. President, Barack Obama, believes that on the women's basketball side, UCONN will prevail this season considering that team's winning streak was put on hold by "Itty-Bitty"s Mississippi State last season enabling South Carolina to win the 2017 national championship.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 05:56:39 am »
South Carolina didn't stand a chance against UCONN...!  :-[

Let's see how Mississippi State fares...

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2018, 05:48:52 am »
On the ladies side, now that UCONN got bumped off by Notre Dame, today it's Mississippi State vs Notre Dame to square off for National Champion.

I'm rooting for Itty-Bitty' Mississippi State to end the season right!

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2018, 01:48:09 pm »
The Women's Final Four games were better than the Men's this year. Both games went to OT and the ND vs. UConn game was a classic.

That said, I think it's MSU's time too. Teaira McCowan is a large problem.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2018, 05:25:38 pm »
Arike Ogunbowale does it again!

Amazing finish.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2018, 06:17:09 pm »
Arike Ogunbowale does it again!

Amazing finish.

I knew Ms Ogunbowale was gonna be a problem.  Judging by her performance in previous Notre Dame games, she confirmed what I already knew when asked how was she able to make such a amazing buzzerbeater,

"Me and my partner practiced three pointer last second shots all season."  So, the 0.3 seconds felt natural to her, she goes,

"Just gimme the ball."

Tough luck for Mississippi St. :(
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 06:27:02 pm by Battle »

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2018, 03:24:06 pm »
I saw the last 5 minutes of that game at Red Robin.
Oh. my. Goodness.
That last second shot hurt MY soul!

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!