Author Topic: Rise of the Black Panther #3 Spoilers  (Read 12990 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Rise of the Black Panther #3 Spoilers
« on: March 07, 2018, 06:11:03 am »
- preview

- T'challa tells the council what he is doing. Tells, doesn't ask

- outsiders arrive. he shows off their tech and such

- WS teleports into Wakanda. he is soundless and scentless and can teleport

- T'challa and WS fight. this WS is enhanced btw, he isnt' normal human with an arm

- long fight. the whole time tchalla is talking to taku about disabling teleporting tech. It is almost if T'challa is taking the fight only half serious as he is testing theories

- tchalla eventually wins. he also eventually figures out WS is brain washed. He breaks the brain washing but bucky passes out when he sees caps shield

- t'challa threatens UN to get what he wants

- we learn S'yan was developing war weapons. Shuri is pissed, syan says he was doing what he felt was necessary after his brother was killed

- tribal council protests. Tchalla tells them challenge month is months away still and basically to stfu

- chang makes an appearance. ugh

- tchalla goes to UN. N'jadaka finds him and T'challa brings him home

- when tchalla gets back to the golden city, taku updates him that the anti teleporting tech has been updated. but it wasn't updated in time to stop one more intruder

- Doom sits on the throne of Wakanda demanding an audience

Evan's is my guy

a few small things I really liked

- they enhanced the winter soldier to make it a fight. he was enhanced, odorless, soundless, could teleport, and was in a cloaking device most of the fight. YOU ENHANCE THE BAD GUYS, NOT BRING TCHALLA DOWN

- mention of the F4. so this happens afterwards

- that new suit was SICK looking

- energy daggers! and other new tech

- tchalla 100% in control of the situation

- Taku!

Evan's is still really dense with his words but i'll take that minor complaint. Also, the whole "Coates is helping" sh*t is seriously just forcing characters like Chang into the book. Since coates didn't bother to give him a proper background. Coates "oversees" books just to fix his own damn books.

next up the true test... DOOM
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 06:18:10 am by MindofShadow »

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Black Panther #3 Spoilers
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 06:55:26 am »
That was good. Nice to get that confident Tchalla. Indie get the feeling he was drawing the fight out to test those theories. Cause when he was ready it ended quickly.

I liked the dialogue. The talking was simple and the narration wasn't over the top.

Chang was completely unnecessary. Going to need a directors cut and take those pages out. lol
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 08:50:52 am »
That was good. Nice to get that confident Tchalla. Indie get the feeling he was drawing the fight out to test those theories. Cause when he was ready it ended quickly.

I liked the dialogue. The talking was simple and the narration wasn't over the top.

Chang was completely unnecessary. Going to need a directors cut and take those pages out. lol

THe chang conversation looked like it was teasing Ramonda's abduction i think. But yeah, 100% completely Coates interference addition.

I want to see more of that suit

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 10:08:46 am »
Is this is guys? Is this the writer we need to pick up the main series or get his mini turned into an ongoing?

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 10:17:08 am »
Let's see how he handles Doom.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 11:42:49 am »

im extremely hopeful. But then again, the writer who championed T'challa the hardest is the one that allowed him to lose to doom... twice lol. So...

But, Evans just seems like a fan who got to write comics lol. only a fan would think of "why don't bad people just teleport into Wakanda?" and make a story around it lol

I don't think they will fight honestly. It is gonna be a battle of banter i'd imagine. which is much more priest like TBH

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 12:26:04 pm »
Only skimmed the spoilers bc i will buy and read this today after work.   

Feels weird going to the comic store to actually buy a black panther book again. 
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 12:26:24 pm »

Litmus test
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 12:51:04 pm »
As long as he and Doom are shown as relative equels Ill be good. Obviously BP is a better fighter and Doom can counter that with magic.

Does Doom have magic this early?
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 12:56:01 pm »
As long as he and Doom are shown as relative equels Ill be good. Obviously BP is a better fighter and Doom can counter that with magic.

Does Doom have magic this early?

He gained "almost dr strange levels" of magic during Triumph and Torment when Strange refined his skilsl I think.

But, he was still a sorcerer from very early on.

So, I would say yes, but I doubt he would be uber powerful,

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2018, 01:19:46 pm »
Spoiler.

I did like how they talked about preventing teleportation and how its not a one size fits all process. It explains how Vanisher was able to get in and out for awhile
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2018, 03:54:18 pm »
I read the issue. Very good. I like how Evans is weaving all the origins into one cohesive mix. And FEATS! I like the  ew suit, and the grenades. Nice touches of his own as well as bringing back Taku. This is the BP series (so far) that we should of gotten. It was a fun issue, and like cville said I would take a little bit wordy issues as the only complaint over what Coates is giving us

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2018, 04:40:08 pm »
Pull List

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2018, 05:34:24 pm »
Rise of the Black Panther #3 was a good read and continues demonstrating Narcisse's BP as superior to Coates'. I liked the tech and the creative use of vibranium for child birthing. Narcisse's BP got the win and I liked the new costume, especially since Narcisse went out of his way to state that T'Challa built it. Notice the nod to Christopher Priest... at the UN T'Challa addresses a Mr. Jamesley a portmanteau for James Owsley, aka Priest.

The premise of Wakanda opening herself up to the world leaves room for discussion and still one of the most important litmus tests remains... the handling of Doom.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2018, 05:49:26 pm »
So there is one story where Doom tries to take over Wakanda before Doomwar?

I've seen scans and I should have sent it to Doom fans who say he is not racist. Are there any others beside the one old arc?
Reggie Hudlin-