Author Topic: A movie by yours truly...  (Read 6671 times)

Offline voodoochild

• View Profile
A movie by yours truly...
« on: August 06, 2006, 11:54:42 pm »
I didn't know if this was the right place to post this, but here it is anyway.

This is my movie, ya'll!  Yup.  I wrote, directed, and co-starred in it.  Our first screening is on August 22nd at the Bungalow Club in Los Angeles.  If you're iin the LA area and interested in attending, drop me a PM. 

Offline KamiKaZee

• View Profile
Re: A movie by yours truly...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 02:28:36 pm »

I think this is a GREAT accomplishment!!!  Congratulations and Best Wishes!  :)

If All You Do Is What You've Done, Then All You'll Get Is What You've Got.

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 07:30:04 am »
Excellent! Keep us posted on how it does, I'll have to try and snag a DVD when it makes it to the UK!

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline Cheirel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 10:09:19 am »
Congrats!!! On what sounds like a huge hit! I may try to make it out ....

Offline zulu801

• Honorary Wakandan
  • No matter how hard you try you can't stop this..
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 07:50:07 pm »
we have another brother making it big in the movie biz.  Congrats and give us the review after opening night   8)

Offline Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 12:28:16 pm »
Librium Pictures your company or you sold it to them? Congrats btw.

Offline Redjack

• Honorary Wakandan
  • i've never had a hero. i don't worship people.
    • View Profile
    • a dreamnasium
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 05:57:18 pm »
Niiice. :D

congrats.
Soon you will come to know. When the bullet hits the bone.

Offline voodoochild

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 11:39:13 am »

That's my producer's company.  MY company is Onyx Filmworks

Offline Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 03:57:55 pm »

That's my producer's company.  MY company is Onyx Filmworks

Cool.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 04:01:04 pm »
Congrats dude!
Whenever I move to L.A., we need to hook up and work on a project 2gether?
ya heard?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 03:47:39 am »
Cool! You're now a filmmaker!  :)
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

michaelintp

A Really Good Movie ...! Try and See It!
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2006, 02:56:22 pm »
I saw “Big Bag of $” last night.  It was really great.  I honestly didn’t know what to expect before going – there is such variability in “low budget” films (and by any measure, the movie is in that category).  What I was treated to was a film with superb acting, natural and at times very funny and moving dialogue, that touched on real world problems (ranging from stress, impotence, complex causes of police corruption, cover-ups, human relationships, stereotypes, crime) and fully painted characters.  The four main characters – Mr. and Mrs. Worthington (who “acquire” the big bag of $), the police detective (a burned-out cynical white wisecracker), and the rookie officer (a black single mom) – were portrayed as well as I’ve seen in films with exponentially higher budgets.  Really a very talented crew. The writing and directing, and the film editing (I understand Voodochild is also a professional film editor) were outstanding – I noticed the highly professional quality of several of the shots, angles used, cut-aways, and even views from “inside” the bag of money looking up at the person opening the bag (that created a sense that the “big bag of $” had a life force all its own).  There were some references to the film industry that were funny, as well as some (for lack of a better term) “African-American humor” that was hilarious.  The film combined elements of drama, humor and action in a great way.  The plot had several twists, creating tension, some unexpected – and some you would probably never see in a major motion picture production (which was a plus in this movie).  The ending, which I will not give away, was a stroke of genius – in its dark humor and even homage to Chaplin.

Of course there were times in the film that you could see that Voodochild had to make due with more limited resources, as is always the case with films that are not major studio productions.  Which is to be expected.  But in light of high quality of the film (as I’ve described above) that really didn’t matter.

I strongly recommend that if you guys can see the movie, that you do so.  I’m sure you will be impressed.

I’m sure this will be just the first of a number of great films by Scott Evans.

Offline Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2006, 11:50:05 pm »
I saw “Big Bag of $” last night. It was really great. I honestly didn’t know what to expect before going – there is such variability in “low budget” films (and by any measure, the movie is in that category). What I was treated to was a film with superb acting, natural and at times very funny and moving dialogue, that touched on real world problems (ranging from stress, impotence, complex causes of police corruption, cover-ups, human relationships, stereotypes, crime) and fully painted characters. The four main characters – Mr. and Mrs. Worthington (who “acquire” the big bag of $), the police detective (a burned-out cynical white wisecracker), and the rookie officer (a black single mom) – were portrayed as well as I’ve seen in films with exponentially higher budgets. Really a very talented crew. The writing and directing, and the film editing (I understand Voodochild is also a professional film editor) were outstanding – I noticed the highly professional quality of several of the shots, angles used, cut-aways, and even views from “inside” the bag of money looking up at the person opening the bag (that created a sense that the “big bag of $” had a life force all its own). There were some references to the film industry that were funny, as well as some (for lack of a better term) “African-American humor” that was hilarious. The film combined elements of drama, humor and action in a great way. The plot had several twists, creating tension, some unexpected – and some you would probably never see in a major motion picture production (which was a plus in this movie). The ending, which I will not give away, was a stroke of genius – in its dark humor and even homage to Chaplin.

Of course there were times in the film that you could see that Voodochild had to make due with more limited resources, as is always the case with films that are not major studio productions. Which is to be expected. But in light of high quality of the film (as I’ve described above) that really didn’t matter.

I strongly recommend that if you guys can see the movie, that you do so. I’m sure you will be impressed.

I’m sure this will be just the first of a number of great films by Scott Evans.

Now I really want to watch it.

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2006, 03:16:50 am »
Now I really want to watch it.
Ditto. Sounds like a success, at least artistically. If there's any justice, financial will follow.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

michaelintp

voodoochild and michael at premier of "Big Bag of $"
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2006, 06:21:34 pm »
For fun ... here is a photo of me and Scott Evans at the premier of his film.  Again, my hat is off to Scott.  The movie was outstanding!

Looks like I was so into the movie I was twisting by beard throughout ...  ;D