Author Topic: Black Panther 171  (Read 1849 times)

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Black Panther 171
« on: March 23, 2018, 07:24:26 am »
Here is the preview. Coates is leveling out more. But the exposition is getting repetitive. lol. Movie Okoye has been integrated. Also I think that is the Bashenga Unit from Rise.  The final panel is probably Coates' best comic work....ever. lol
https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-171/
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 07:34:52 am by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline BlackClaw

• Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared! Be prepared!
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther 171
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 07:39:38 am »
Nice to see Okoye. But Coates is ultimately gonna Coates.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 10:32:56 am »
Well it's no secret coates will produce a decent Issue every few poor ones the problem is that there is no consistency. He will have the best issue to date then follow the next 3 Issued with steaming pile of garbage. It's clock work at this point

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 10:35:33 am »
There is plenty of room for it to be a bad issue. Only real highlights of the preview were Okoye and final panel.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 12:06:50 pm »

Tru Tru, that room/area could've esay been the t-jungle & hate this random a pull he did with QDJ..
Pull List

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 01:04:51 pm »
I think this Issue will be good too great (by Coates standards) but it's the following issue's that will be more telling

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 09:12:24 pm »

Exactly and precisely. It's nice to see Kasper Cole, too. And Zawavari. The rise of Rise, and regardless of whatever me still love me both Ororo and T'Choro. Etc. But none of it is good until Traitorous Negro Chokes is gone. Asira, these garbage Originators or whatever, Tetu, Zenzi, all should have been mollywhopped inside of a single issue. They're nobodies. Or. They could have been developed later into somebodies. But good business sales almost always means that you NEVER start with "nobodies", you ALWAYS  START with a SOMEBODY as both hero and villain.

Swing an amped Achebe aided by and working with a formidably upgraded Baron Macabre...recast as say Bwana Makari,Kiongozi Wa Vivuli, "Lord Makari, Master of the Shadows". The Wakandan Bwana title equates roughly in status to "Baron" in English, and Makari...his name...had been typo'd into "Macabre".  Give them a real story line, real motivation. Real powers. Real relevance. To the MU, not just BP. But of course, mainly BP.

Hell, link it to the mini-event DAMNATION, thus giving T'Challa much needed cross-over sales [ another indescribably stupid, expulsion from writings duty level offense of TNC's is to keep T'Challa away from Events ] and the opportunity to show his tremendous dopeness with and respect from the characters in that mini-Event. It works extra good because Mephisto is in that event, and Achebe and Mephisto are homies from way back [ as established by Priest ]. Bwana Makari could be part of DAMNATION as a vital part of the scheme to Ghost Rider-fy members of The Avengers. Not only would such a move help Mephisto, Bwana Makari would very rightly see that depriving T'Challa of his Avengers cohorts would prevent T'Challa from calling in a laundry list of powerful allies AND compel T'Challa to spend some of his mental energy and resources in addressing The Damnation matters. Also? Bwana Makari as Master of Shadows could have a very real connection with The Shadow King. Of course TSK has been itiching for another crack at T'Challa since Yost dropped WORLDS APART. In this way? We naturally and organically incorporate TSK as one of T'Challa's recurring enemies. An enemy he and Ororo could naturally be paired up to fight. An enemy such as TSK--deeply feared and well known across a wide spectrum of the buying LCBRD--who would exposed to T'Challa to a lot more potential long term new readers who would respect BP for the ways in which he outsmarted, outmaneuvered and mollywhopped TSK.

You know who else would fit into DAMNATION quite well, without T'Challa going anywhere? Kasper Cole. KC is from America. He'd be right at home at Las Vegas. And? Being whatever name they use to replace that dumb name White Tiger; like Nyekundu Chui...Red Leopard [ red/black/green, red in the Wakandan flag, new first color of The Panther Religion. This Red Leopard's uniform will be mostly forest green with red highlights in order to distinguish them visually form the Dora Milaje ]...Kasper could hold it down for Wakanda. He could also dispel the validity of the stupidities we saw in Steevil's gitdown. Like...hell no, Faustus didn't get the drop on T'Challa. Nor did  Zemo. T'Challa merely let them think that in order to snap shut the schemes he had on them, and both of those fools are already dealt with. Etc.

The DAMNATION events would partially help propel the plot in the BP main book. And? We actually have to see T'Challa himself personally rack up madd feats. Intellectual, physical, h2h, spiritual, character building, mythos building feats.

All that? Took 5 minutes of writing. TNC? Hasn't touched this in like 3 years of his garbage comics writing.

Ah, I'm not kidding anyone. This is TNC. T'Challa= great only when TNC=GONE FOREVER FROM BP.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 07:04:50 am »
what has been the "redemption" of Dr. Franklin?
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline BlackClaw

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2018, 05:30:30 am »
So how did Coates screw things up this time?

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2018, 09:08:57 am »

Good issue. I have no major complaints. Moved quickly, good action, no shade. I'd buy it if thought this would continue.

Minor complaints. Exposition at the beginning messed up the tone of the later pages. Ending was anticlimatic. Mostly because I have no idea who that character is. lol.

His appearance does however reinforce the Originators being an allegory for Columbus colonization
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2018, 09:15:28 am »
Quick google search=equals what seems to be a minor, but powerful Xmen villain
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2018, 09:28:15 am »
Really not only an x-men villain but but mostly and primarily a villain/ main villain of O ex Forge.. atlest he was smart enough to go with brainwashing/mind control nonsense with that a-plug he did with QDJ
Pull List

Offline BlackClaw

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2018, 09:29:47 am »
Well TíChalla kicked ass from start to finish, used his brains to finish off Klaw, and the Midnight Angels actually respect him now. Too bad the next issue is gonna be entirely dedicated to the mutant.

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2018, 09:56:00 am »
Well TíChalla kicked ass from start to finish, used his brains to finish off Klaw, and the Midnight Angels actually respect him now. Too bad the next issue is gonna be entirely dedicated to the mutant.

Just like that the Dora Milaje love him again, Okoye is back, and everyone all doing the arm cross thing

Coincidental timing.  Reminds me of a movie i've watched a number of times recently
How many leaders you said you needed then left Ďem for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, itís King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2018, 09:56:07 am »
I ask for more analysis. Is this story now officially a stand in for the crimes of America against the natives of its land?
Reggie Hudlin-