Author Topic: Black Panther 171  (Read 1850 times)

Offline BlackClaw

• Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared! Be prepared!
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther 171
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2018, 10:24:03 am »
I ask for more analysis. Is this story now officially a stand in for the crimes of America against the natives of its land?

If it is then I really donít know how itís supposed to work now. Because how the hell do a bunch of creatures living in Africa worship a god thatís Native American? And before anyone brings up the Egyptian pantheon please keep in mind that Egypt is in Africa so the Wakandans worshipping them makes sense. The originators worshipping someone that comes from another part of the damn planet doesnít.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2018, 10:24:16 am »
I ask for more analysis. Is this story now officially a stand in for the crimes of America against the natives of its land?

TNC not that deep or forward thinking, this just way to give O some feats/ make her  fans whilely works on getting her solo ready & etc.. Plus TNC is well noted X-Men fan ( iirc they we're his favorites b4 reading JHick stuff).. So he going to keep throwing in alot of Random X-Men stuff & fromer "super star" marvel creator easter egg/nuggets in BP till he's off the book..
Pull List

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2018, 10:30:49 am »

If it is then I really donít know how itís supposed to work now. Because how the hell do a bunch of creatures living in Africa worship a god thatís Native American? And before anyone brings up the Egyptian pantheon please keep in mind that Egypt is in Africa so the Wakandans worshipping them makes sense. The originators worshipping someone that comes from another part of the damn planet doesnít.
The adversary is supposed to demon not a good but one person demon is another god. Who knows with could one with it's originally an alien or that the original indigenous individuals in America that some men are created him were actually African or that some of the indigenous Native Americans were African or mix of both
Pull List

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2018, 10:33:33 am »

TNC not that deep or forward thinking, this just way to give O some feats/ make her  fans whilely works on getting her solo ready & etc.. Plus TNC is well noted X-Men fan ( iirc they we're his favorites b4 reading JHick stuff).. So he going to keep throwing in alot of Random X-Men stuff & fromer "super star" marvel creator easter egg/nuggets in BP till he's off the book..

From my analysis. The origin story of the Originators is they were in WK first. People came, there was a war, people win and put them on a reservation. Now a god/demon shows up whos introduction is tied to Forge as someone he summoned using his cultural heritage.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2018, 02:00:40 pm »
I read it. By far the best Issue of coates Ever. It felt like Rise in terms of utilizing T'Challas abilities. We had H2h, acrobatics, Daggers, force push, claws, spear and his prep being used well. The action was good. This was a solid issue that I would say is a 8.5/10. Also lol at Okoye coming back, and the Dora's using the Wakandan salute in the books. Everyone ls in harmony. Now all we need is storm and Eden to be replaced by Nakia and W'kabi and we good. Of Only he could keep Issues like this up we might have a half decent run

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2018, 02:19:19 pm »
I read it. By far the best Issue of coates Ever. It felt like Rise in terms of utilizing T'Challas abilities. We had H2h, acrobatics, Daggers, force push, claws, spear and his prep being used well. The action was good. This was a solid issue that I would say is a 8.5/10. Also lol at Okoye coming back, and the Dora's using the Wakandan salute in the books. Everyone ls in harmony. Now all we need is storm and Eden to be replaced by Nakia and W'kabi and we good. Of Only he could keep Issues like this up we might have a half decent run

Coates still needs to go.

One solitary issue doesn't make for the crap he's pulled.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2018, 02:37:23 pm »
Now that I reflect on it, its still a good issue, but the overall story arc is a mess. The entire Klaw and Company story should have been dropped and used as a separate story. Combine this and the last issue with all issues before going to New York for QDJ. Maybe throw in the Spider warrior issue. Leave out the Columbus issue unless its the MoS prophecy. And when you reveal the final villain, pretend like we don't know who that is. lol
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2018, 03:21:15 pm »
I actually think it's pretty cool that I can largely be away from the run for the better part of a year and be as clueless on why things are happening as those of you who have been keeping up with the story the whole time.

Makes me feel like I haven't skipped a beat
How many leaders you said you needed then left Ďem for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, itís King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2018, 05:11:25 pm »

Of course brother Sal it's The same cycle, 1 good Issue followed by 2-3 crap issue's. It was a great issue (comparable to Evans Rise) but all Ultimately does is make me SMH because it shows Coates can write a decent Tchalla, hell this Issue, a really good one, Like this was the T'Challa we know... But he willingly chooses NOT to do this every time. And for Cap? He ain't pulling any of this isht he is doing with T'Challa. It would be nice of the movie kick started a change since it clearly effected this Issue, and we are stuck with him for Another season. But it's s pipe dream most likely

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2018, 01:20:58 am »

Of course brother Sal it's The same cycle, 1 good Issue followed by 2-3 crap issue's. It was a great issue (comparable to Evans Rise) but all Ultimately does is make me SMH because it shows Coates can write a decent Tchalla, hell this Issue, a really good one, Like this was the T'Challa we know... But he willingly chooses NOT to do this every time. And for Cap? He ain't pulling any of this isht he is doing with T'Challa. It would be nice of the movie kick started a change since it clearly effected this Issue, and we are stuck with him for Another season. But it's s pipe dream most likely

Cosign Sal and Ezyo
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2018, 03:18:51 pm »

Quick fast and in a hurry..
Pull List

Offline True Father 7

• Honorary Wakandan
  • The maker the owner the cream of the planet earth
    • View Profile
    • True's myspace page
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2018, 11:26:37 pm »
Well TíChalla kicked ass from start to finish, used his brains to finish off Klaw, and the Midnight Angels actually respect him now. Too bad the next issue is gonna be entirely dedicated to the mutant.

Just like that the Dora Milaje love him again, Okoye is back, and everyone all doing the arm cross thing

Coincidental timing.  Reminds me of a movie i've watched a number of times recently

Lol, this issue wasn't bad, didn't love it, didn't hate it but ummm..... Okoye just now showing up?
"Don't count the days, make the days count"-Muhammad Ali

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2018, 06:22:47 pm »
If Storm defeats The Advesary does that make Tchalla a supporting character in this arc too?

The title character usually defeats the main bad guy. Or at least is responsible for thwarting his plans.

I'd be okay with a team effort. But Tchalla should deliver the finishing line.
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2018, 08:05:13 pm »
If Storm defeats The Advesary does that make Tchalla a supporting character in this arc too?

The title character usually defeats the main bad guy. Or at least is responsible for thwarting his plans.

The fact that a poster as knowledgeable and informed as CvilleWakandan has to even ASK this question AT ALL, is further proof that Turd Narrator Chokes has DNA making him incapable of writing the real T'Challa and Wakanda in any capacity. He can at best maintain...not a moderately capable T'Challa but a LESS EMASCULATED T'Challa...for a max of 2 issues in a row, apparently.

So glad I dropped this garbage a good while ago.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2018, 01:55:26 pm »

Yeah and more than likely she probably will.. TNC has advertise for her upcoming solo and all..
Pull List