Author Topic: January Jones Set For 'X-Men: First Class'  (Read 3145 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
January Jones Set For 'X-Men: First Class'
« on: August 18, 2010, 12:43:26 am »
from DEADLINE HOLLYWOOD DAILY:

January Jones Set For 'X-Men: First Class'
By MIKE FLEMING | Tuesday August 17, 2010 @ 8:30pm EDT

EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox has rounded out the cast of X-Men: First Class, and the big surprise is that Mad Men star January Jones has been signed to play the role of Emma Frost, the gorgeous mutant with telepathic powers. At the same time, director Matthew Vaughn has set Zoe Kravitz to play Angel; Jason Flemyng will play Azazel, the father of Nightcrawler; Bill Milner to play the young version of Magneto (Michael Fassbender), and Morgan Lily to play the Young Raven. They join Fassbender, James McAvoy (Xavier), Nicholas Hoult (Beast) Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique), Caleb Landry Jones (Banshee), Lucas Till (Havoc), Edi Gathegi  (Darwin), who round out the mutant contingent. Kevin Bacon is playing the villain, Rose Byrne will play McAvoy's love interest Moira MacTaggert, and Oliver Platt is playing The Man in Black. Production begins August 23 in London.

UTA client Jones, who plays Mad Men's Betty Francis -- the recently divorced wife of Don Draper (Jon Hamm) -- will emerge from that 1960s setting to play Emma Frost, the mutant also known as the White Queen. While speculative reports had Alice Eve playing that role, no deal was concluded. Mad Men wraps its fourth season in early September, and she will be able to jump right into the role. Jones received her first Emmy nomination for Lead Actress in a Drama, for Mad Men.

Kravitz (the daughter of singer and Precious star Lenny Kravitz) is set to star in the upcoming George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road; Flemyng most recently starred in Kick-Ass, Milner is best known from Son of Rambow and Lilly's credits include Flipped and 2012.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
Re: January Jones Set For 'X-Men: First Class'
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 09:40:29 am »
hopefully the internet hasn't broken in half yet-- already some folks out there have forgotten that Grant Morrisson created a new Angel that was a black girl with insect/fly powers..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 11:30:32 am »
hopefully the internet hasn't broken in half yet-- already some folks out there have forgotten that Grant Morrisson created a new Angel that was a black girl with insect/fly powers..

She was hispanic, not black - Angel Salvadore

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 11:54:10 am »
This is weird.

They cast Nightcrawler's pop but not Nightcrawler.

No Cyclops or Storm either.

It looks like all the X-men including Xavier, are supposed to be age peers in this one.

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 12:06:29 pm »
This is weird.

They cast Nightcrawler's pop but not Nightcrawler.

No Cyclops or Storm either.

It looks like all the X-men including Xavier, are supposed to be age peers in this one.

Yeah, for some reason, I thought it was going to have something to do with young cyclops, emma frost, etc. that we saw at the end of wolverine

Offline TripleX

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 07:43:15 am »
Man that's way too many characters and the timeline is all screwed up. I understand they don't want to repeat what's happened in the books, but damn.

Offline moor

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 05:27:40 pm »
Sounds like a wonderful mess!  I will be there opening day...  this is the guy who did Layer Cake,right??

Offline Bashengas Rage

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 04:16:56 am »
I usually try to keep an open mind about films but I really despise any and everything that connects Bryan Singer to the superhero genre.

X-Men was decent and had potential to be the beginning of something great.

X-Men 2 pretty much flushed all that down the toilet by still focusing on Wolverine and making every other character in the film his sidekicks.

X-Men 3 was just plain garbage.

I will not be wasting my money or time viewed this First Class movie.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 06:58:28 am »
looks like the film will be set in the 1960s, with the civil-rights movement in the backdrop.. curious.. it'll be interesting to see what goes on..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Bashengas Rage

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 11:54:54 pm »
looks like the film will be set in the 1960s, with the civil-rights movement in the backdrop.. curious.. it'll be interesting to see what goes on..

That part worries me too...Bryan Singer's oft mentioned comparison of Magneto/Professor X to Martin Luther King/Malcolm X tell me it's not going to turn out well.

I've always felt that was poor analogy.

Offline ashleyy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 11:05:50 pm »
This seems really interesting and i am waiting to watch.
Watch ESPN Live >>