Author Topic: Racism in Black Panther fandom  (Read 6007 times)

Offline BlindWedjat

• View Profile
Re: Racism in Black Panther fandom
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2018, 06:40:44 am »
Damn... It does feel like nothing is being done though. I haven't been here long. Probably this forums newest member. But I've seen the behaviour in question be perpetuated here on other topics and such, and nothing being done about it, at least to my knowledge.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2018, 06:58:34 am »
I want to say I apologize to everyone here in which things have been going. Things are processing, an I am working on my end as a new mod to get this taken care of.

I want posters here to know moving forward that the board will be better moderated and hopefully the people who left will want to come back as this is my favorite board to post on and I would hate to see this board dry up like it has in the past.

Until it's resolved I will be pretty quiet here as I don't want to post as if nothing happened, but rest assured I want this board to be running smoothly and actively and will do my best to make it so.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2018, 03:27:25 pm »
I find it incredulous that a few posters and their comments should in any way derail this Black Panther board. If this is your house and I certainly consider it such, there is no way I would vacate this context rich nation we have built in honor of all things Black Panther. If their intent was to disrupt... what a victory deserting gives them.

If attacked for no reason then attack back. Hold your ground and decimate your enemy. Support one another. We are Wakandans. I have seen heavier and much nastier exchanges on this board more than once in all my years here. We weathered worst and still this board stands.

Again respect to Ezyo for going to the forefront of battle by becoming a moderator. That is proactive. Those who left come back and help Ezyo defend what you felt needed defending. If what one believes in is not worth fighting for, then why bring attention to the matter in the first place?

It is insult enough that  we have to deal with the nonsense going on in the comic books, especially in the light of cinematic excellence but such disruption here at the HEF....

WE WON'T HAVE IT.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2018, 06:00:19 pm »
When Democrats throw the first stone
All the while hoping for equality
They call the Republicans
The Echo Chamber
Enjoy Utopia

We're not Democrats, O Haiku Henchman. We. Are. WAKANDANS. We been here before #wakandaforever posts.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2018, 06:10:28 pm »
I'd like to think that we give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

On behalf of HEF management, we ask for a little more patience. We are reviewing and discussing the situation. We'll reach a decision soon.

When individuals double down on very deliberate obnoxious behaviour, "benefit of the doubt" doesn't really cut it.

The offensive post was pretty blunt in delivery and sirect as far as intent so I'm not sure what other evidence is required so guess what, since it's apparent that racial bigotry is dealt with within this forum, I see no further reason to post herein.

You just just lost another poster.

Peace to Ezyo and others interested in genuine discourse.

Damn... It does feel like nothing is being done though. I haven't been here long. Probably this forums newest member. But I've seen the behaviour in question be perpetuated here on other topics and such, and nothing being done about it, at least to my knowledge.

I want to say I apologize to everyone here in which things have been going. Things are processing, an I am working on my end as a new mod to get this taken care of.

I want posters here to know moving forward that the board will be better moderated and hopefully the people who left will want to come back as this is my favorite board to post on and I would hate to see this board dry up like it has in the past.

Until it's resolved I will be pretty quiet here as I don't want to post as if nothing happened, but rest assured I want this board to be running smoothly and actively and will do my best to make it so.

I understand the concerns voiced above, but imo if Ezyo says things are getting done? They're getting done. I hope that those who have left are actually functionally on silent lurk ode, observing to see what changes are afoot...and will return if such changes meet their standards. I hope they give Ezyo and the others a genuine chance to do their work before truly abandoning the HEF.

And I feel the same way that Ture does in this post of his, here:

I find it incredulous that a few posters and their comments should in any way derail this Black Panther board. If this is your house and I certainly consider it such, there is no way I would vacate this context rich nation we have built in honor of all things Black Panther. If their intent was to disrupt... what a victory deserting gives them.

If attacked for no reason then attack back. Hold your ground and decimate your enemy. Support one another. We are Wakandans. I have seen heavier and much nastier exchanges on this board more than once in all my years here. We weathered worst and still this board stands.

Again respect to Ezyo for going to the forefront of battle by becoming a moderator. That is proactive. Those who left come back and help Ezyo defend what you felt needed defending. If what one believes in is not worth fighting for, then why bring attention to the matter in the first place?

It is insult enough that  we have to deal with the nonsense going on in the comic books, especially in the light of cinematic excellence but such disruption here at the HEF....

WE WON'T HAVE IT.

Even though Ture's GIF is of Mbaku actually saying: "GLORY TO HANUMAN", we all know that Mbaku ALSO said: "We will not have it."

And we WILL have Ture's point because we all know, understand and respect it. Even if some of us may disagree with it at this time for their own reasons.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2018, 08:49:40 am »

On behalf of HEF management, we ask for a little more patience. We are reviewing and discussing the situation. We'll reach a decision soon.

When individuals double down on very deliberate obnoxious behaviour, "benefit of the doubt" doesn't really cut it.

The offensive post was pretty blunt in delivery and sirect as far as intent so I'm not sure what other evidence is required so guess what, since it's apparent that racial bigotry is dealt with within this forum, I see no further reason to post herein.

I understand the concerns voiced above, but imo if Ezyo says things are getting done? They're getting done. I hope that those who have left are actually functionally on silent lurk ode, observing to see what changes are afoot...and will return if such changes meet their standards. I hope they give Ezyo and the others a genuine chance to do their work before truly abandoning the HEF.

WE WON'T HAVE IT.

Even though Ture's GIF is of Mbaku actually saying: "GLORY TO HANUMAN", we all know that Mbaku ALSO said: "We will not have it."

And we WILL have Ture's point because we all know, understand and respect it. Even if some of us may disagree with it at this time for their own reasons.

If the perpetuators of the original bigoted statements are still freely posting on this forum, what changes are we supposed to acknowledge as being positive?

The fact that the issue of BoG and MoS being made to feel unwelcome in HEF was barely touched upon prior to my launching this thread, just goes to show how "seriously" the matter was being taken.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2018, 12:39:13 pm »

WE WON'T HAVE IT.

If the perpetuators of the original bigoted statements are still freely posting on this forum, what changes are we supposed to acknowledge as being positive?

The fact that the issue of BoG and MoS being made to feel unwelcome in HEF was barely touched upon prior to my launching this thread, just goes to show how "seriously" the matter was being taken.

idk about the mods or if there's some kind of algorithm in effect that autoamtically flags certain words/statements etc., but I had no idea these racist statemetns were being made until you, Salustrade, made the thread. Idk if you PM'd the mods directly when you saw the offensive rmearks being made, or if you didn't. i do know that if there isn't a specific kind of algorithm in effect, then posts like the inflammatory posts we read can literally slide under the concealment provided by hundreds of other posts being made that same week. 

We know that mods like Ezyo are now alerted, and we are urged to have reasonable patience. I believe that Ezyo won't TNC us. He and the other mods will get to the bottom of this in short fashion.

If not? Then imo Salustrade's opinion becomes vindicated.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2018, 04:27:31 pm »
Hey just letting you know I an working on it, should be having this resolved very very soon

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2018, 04:39:02 pm »

WE WON'T HAVE IT.

Can't be better said
Pull List

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2018, 08:00:39 pm »
Hey just letting you know I an working on it, should be having this resolved very very soon

That does it for me. There won't be anymore racial prejudice...as opposed to racism...by POC on this forum anymore. You have my full faith and support, Ezyo. You earned and deserve it.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

APEXABYSS

« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2018, 11:38:01 am »
Oh well, making racists comments doesnít necessarily make a person racist? I could give examples, but eat a- !@#$% if you need one.

Yes, black people can be racists. Donít confuse institutionalized race discrimination with social race-based discrimination. Remember, black people have no real political, religious, educational, geographical & or economical power. We only have social power (hence the Civil rights movement). We can use our social power to discriminate. vice versa

Who cares if the moderators didnít jump right on it right away. human era.  I read the comment, & honestly thought they were speaking a code language. Nerd ish. HEF members have spoke in code before. Yes they have. Itís that passive aggressive BS Iíve spoken about. I will give an example for that

Why quit the HEF? Black people have had to endure a lot more than trolling vulgarities. Zero tolerance? Sure! What did you gain by leaving? Is your dignity intact now? Will you forever be scared with the shame of being called a racial slur? Is there a safe place to avoid Ďname callingí?  Donít get me wrong,  iím deeply sorry you had to experience racism here.  Sucks.

We do owe you. Yes we do! We owe you better