Author Topic: Wakandanomics  (Read 2360 times)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Wakandanomics
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 12:10:52 pm »
From the article:

“Wakanda’s upstream, midstream and downstream mineral sector are entirely controlled by Wakanda itself,” points out Nicola Woodroffe of the Natural Resource Governance Institute, a think-tank in London. It is as if Botswana not only mined, cut and polished diamonds, but also designed and produced the world’s diamond necklaces, drills and bearings. It is as if Norway had a monopoly on oil, petrochemicals and plastics.

Wakanda sounds more like North Korea than Botswana or Norway.

Offline CKW

• View Profile
    • blackpantherfanstories.wordpress.com
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 02:26:38 pm »
From the article:

“Wakanda’s upstream, midstream and downstream mineral sector are entirely controlled by Wakanda itself,” points out Nicola Woodroffe of the Natural Resource Governance Institute, a think-tank in London. It is as if Botswana not only mined, cut and polished diamonds, but also designed and produced the world’s diamond necklaces, drills and bearings. It is as if Norway had a monopoly on oil, petrochemicals and plastics.

I did a fanfic where T'Challa went into North Korea and spoke to the nation's leader about certain parallels between that country and Wakanda.

Anyway kudos to Christopher Priest for writing that particular story about global economics in a comic book which the Economist referenced.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 02:29:00 pm by CKW »

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 03:01:22 pm »
They are self-sustaining. I always imagined that in the background of the Priest stories, Wakandans looked at it like loosing extra income, but all basic needs are met regardless of world economics. The only person to touch negative economicswas Mayberry. That is when I knew the third worlding campaign had begun. lol
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 02:09:55 pm »
From the article:

I did a fanfic where T'Challa went into North Korea and spoke to the nation's leader about certain parallels between that country and Wakanda.

Anyway kudos to Christopher Priest for writing that particular story about global economics in a comic book which the Economist referenced.

That was one of my favorite books of Priest's...especially how QDJ managed to mix a concise yet accurate lesson in economics with babytalk encouraging the kid to mush and stir the food. That is right on point. Reminds me of how my Bigmama, mother, aunts and older cousins used to do with us.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 02:11:38 pm »
Coming back to this soon, because the real issue about Wakanda is economics. Its unanswerable power and threat to the rest of the European powers of the world [ meaning its ability to totally ignore or control the world's economic tides without any negative consequence ] lie there.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw