Author Topic: Ready Player One  (Read 369 times)

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Ready Player One
« on: April 07, 2018, 05:08:54 pm »
Anybody watch it? I enjoyed it. So many cultural references.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Ready Player One
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 03:37:09 pm »
Anybody watch it? I enjoyed it. So many cultural references.
I LOVED it! 

It really reminded me the meaning of the term "Spielbergian". When you see something new and amazing and delightful.  This movie totally delivers that good old feeling that you got from JAWS, JURASSIC PARK, etc.  My son loved it. Me too.

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 05:04:25 pm »
I liked it but I made the mistake of reading the book literally hours before seeing the movie. I enjoyed them both but the movie plot is only about 25% of the bookís plot. So I think I would have liked the movie more if I went in blind.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 09:10:11 pm »
I liked it but I made the mistake of reading the book literally hours before seeing the movie. I enjoyed them both but the movie plot is only about 25% of the bookís plot. So I think I would have liked the movie more if I went in blind.
So what else is in the book?

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 06:34:50 pm »
So what else is in the book?

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Even though they all became friends, they didnít meet each other until the end and they stayed extremely competitive. No way Artemis tells Parzival that he should be the one to win. A lot more cool space ships, playing a perfect Pac-Man game, a lot more of Ogden Morrow, they go into Project X and Monthy Python and the Holy grail rather than the Shining, a huge Bladerunner scene, a lot more Rush, they got the first key in a much different way, Max Headroom, Johnny 5, IOI actually kills Shoto, Parzival purposely gets kidnapped by IOI so he could sabotage them from within and I-R0k isnít a villain, heís just an a-hole.

Iím sure there is A LOT more that Iím nit remembering, but thatís whatís sticks out in my mind!  :)