Author Topic: Black Panther moderation notice  (Read 1183 times)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Black Panther moderation notice
« on: April 10, 2018, 04:03:12 am »
There has been some bad behavior rearing it's head in the last couple months in the black panther board. This has been in part due to the lack of moderation present in the board itself. Normally this isn't an issue due to the majority  of conversations have been civil and posters are respectful. However as of late it has gotten out of hand and it's clear that moderators have been laxed on making sure hateful and racists posts are removed and the offender's have consequences for their inflammatory language.

Though actions have been taken, fault still falls on moderation for not handling the situation before it escalated to where it has ended. Such behavior will not be tolerated.

Consider this an apology for the slow response, and a promise that the black panther board will be a place for enthusiast to post without having to deal with hate filled or racists posts. And also let this serve as a warning to those who would post inflammatory language. It will not be tolerated and there will be consequences.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: Black Panther moderation notice
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 09:30:17 am »
There has been some bad behavior rearing it's head in the last couple months in the black panther board. This has been in part due to the lack of moderation present in the board itself. Normally this isn't an issue due to the majority  of conversations have been civil and posters are respectful. However as of late it has gotten out of hand and it's clear that moderators have been laxed on making sure hateful and racists posts are removed and the offender's have consequences for their inflammatory language.

Though actions have been taken, fault still falls on moderation for not handling the situation before it escalated to where it has ended. Such behavior will not be tolerated.

Consider this an apology for the slow response, and a promise that the black panther board will be a place for enthusiast to post without having to deal with hate filled or racists posts. And also let this serve as a warning to those who would post inflammatory language. It will not be tolerated and there will be consequences.

ASE

Talk to em, Ezyo!!
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 09:50:19 am »

Well said.

Many thanks to Ezyo for stepping up to take on the role of moderator for the BP board. Much appreciated. Please give him HEF's full support.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 10:00:37 am »

Well said.

Many thanks to Ezyo for stepping up to take on the role of moderator for the BP board. Much appreciated. Please give him HEF's full support.

Certainly.  :)

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 11:57:16 am »
Nice thread Ezyo.

Unfortunately, all the promises and statements of intent amount to nada when the perpertrators of the original racsts still post freely in this forum.

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 02:49:28 pm »
You have my support

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 05:35:27 pm »

WAKANDA FOREVER!!
HEFfa 4 Life!

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 07:47:14 pm »
Much respect to Ezyo for being proactive and working to preserve the integrity of the HEF.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 07:30:33 am »
Nice thread Ezyo.

Unfortunately, all the promises and statements of intent amount to nada when the perpertrators of the original racsts still post freely in this forum.
Sorry you feel that way.

I suggest we also heed Ture's call to action (We will not have it!). I believe the preferred remedy to bad speech is more (good) speech. In other words, if you see something, say something. Or report it to the moderators.

Remember to be careful attributing or inferring the intent of others though.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 10:48:29 am »
Big ups brother Ezyo & brother Curtis Metcalf
Pull List

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2018, 05:42:24 pm »
My goal is to get the board going how it was a just a couple months ago, active and free of hate.

This is my favorite board to frequent and I would hate to see it die off

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2018, 06:04:15 pm »
Congrats on the mod promotion!

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2018, 05:14:26 am »
Nice thread Ezyo.

Sorry you feel that way.

I suggest we also heed Ture's call to action (We will not have it!). I believe the preferred remedy to bad speech is more (good) speech. In other words, if you see something, say something. Or report it to the moderators.

I call it as I see it especially when it's posted plainly in black and white for all and sundry to see with their own eyes.

As for "inferring intent" are BoG or MoS back posting in this forum yet?

In the absence of either one of these posters, the original intent of the bigots concerned have been quite effective.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2018, 08:03:20 am »
Nice thread Ezyo.

Sorry you feel that way.

I call it as I see it especially when it's posted plainly in black and white for all and sundry to see with their own eyes.

As for "inferring intent" are BoG or MoS back posting in this forum yet?

In the absence of either one of these posters, the original intent of the bigots concerned have been quite effective.
I see the posts. I understand that some members took offense, with some justification in my view. I have some guesses about the intent of various posters, some of them different from your attributions, I believe. I try to treat those as working hypotheses, not factual observations.

That said, we have made an assessment and taken a range of actions including a temporary ban, PM messages, promoting a new moderator for the board, and alerting HEF members in this thread. We stand ready to take further action as necessary. These events have served as something of a wake up call. It has been a while since we've had to deal with misbehavior here on HEF.

Perhaps those members who chose to stop posting will reconsider over time if these measures prove effective. They are certainly welcome to return at any time.