Author Topic: Jurors in Bill Cosby's trial say they are deadlocked  (Read 1543 times)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Jurors in Bill Cosby's trial say they are deadlocked
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 12:08:55 am »
GUILTY!!!
GUILTY!!!
GUILTY!!!

by CHRIS FRANCESCANI, Linsey Davis and Bill Hutchinson

Thursday Apr 26, 2018

(Montgomery County, Pennsylvania) - At the age of 80, Bill Cosby was convicted today on three felony counts of aggravated indecent assault stemming from drugging and molesting a woman in his suburban Philadelphia home 14 years ago.

"I feel like my faith in humanity has been restored," one of the women, Lili Bernard, said after hearing the verdict. "I stand here in the spirit of Martin Luther King, who said that the arc of the moral universe is long but today it has bent towards justice.

"Today, this jury has shown what the #MeToo movement is saying, that women are worthy of being believed," she said. "And I thank the jury, I thank the prosecution."

Would You Like To Know More?
http://abcnews.go.com/US/bill-cosby-found-guilty-charges/story?id=54746891
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 12:07:06 am by Battle »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 01:58:41 am »
Sentencing in Bill Cosby's sex assault case set for Sept. 24, 2018
by Associated Press

Wednesday May 16th 2018

(PHILADELPHIA) — Bill Cosby will be sentenced September 24 2018 — five months after he was convicted of sexual assault.

Cosby turns 81 in July and is likely to face a sentence of up to 10 years in prison.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/sentencing-in-bill-cosbys-sex-assault-case-set-for-sept-24/ar-AAxkBEg?ocid=spartanntp

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 07:14:14 am »

ALL EYEZ are on the Philadelphia Courtrooms

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 02:04:28 pm »
Tuesday, 25th September 2018
Bill Cosby In Handcuffs
by Dominic Patten

Less than two hours after being designated a sexually violent predator, Bill Cosby has been sentenced to 3 to 10 years in prison by a Pennsylvania judge after being convicted for the 2004 rape of former Temple University employee Andrea Constand.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/bill-cosby-in-handcuffs-after-getting-over-3-years-in-prison-for-2004-rape-–-video/ar-AAADPxZ?ocid=spartanntp

Oh... cosby will be incarcerated in state prison, however,  I'm going to make a prediction what will happen in federal prison right after the 2018 Mid-Term Elections:

You heard it from HEF first, folks! ;D

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 08:22:44 am »
Oddly enough (or perhaps just interestingly), I'm seeing that meme on FB about why only Cosby has been prosecuted featuring some combination including Weinstein, etc. I guess I'm surprised that folks are still trying to defend Cosby.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2018, 09:36:03 am »
Oddly enough (or perhaps just interestingly), I'm seeing that meme on FB about why only Cosby has been prosecuted featuring some combination including Weinstein, etc. I guess I'm surprised that folks are still trying to defend Cosby.

After the sentence came down, Mr. Cosby’s publicist, Andrew Wyatt, said on record that trial was the “most racist and sexist trial” in the country’s history.

I agree with him...

--- however---

If Cosby and his legal team really believes this injustice, then he should dedicate his life to helping us all fight for judicial reform, police reform and criminal justice reform... Y'know...?   

It's not until those bars slam shut on yo' azz in prison that you suddenly realize that the democracy you thought was there, no longer exists.*

*thanks George Lucas  :)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 04:54:36 pm by Battle »

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2018, 12:49:11 pm »

I wish I was.

Some of us have an really unhealthy need to stick up for Black Celebrities. Even in the face of blatant moral failings.

Notice how almost nobody is saying this is what Cosby gets for not being faithful to Camille for...decades.

Y'know If Chris Brown had slapped around any other woman than Rihanna (or someone of similar or greater fame like, Beyonce or something), it would have been swept under the rug, and heads would have gladly labeled his victim as a bitter gold digger or worse.

You can argue that is exactly what happened afterwards anyway.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2018, 02:30:28 pm »
I wish I was.

Some of us have an really unhealthy need to stick up for Black Celebrities. Even in the face of blatant moral failings.

Notice how almost nobody is saying this is what Cosby gets for not being faithful to Camille for...decades.

Ms. Camille, herself, is one of those people.   

Then again, the way she reacted in defense of her husband during the entire legal process strongly suggests that the vows she and Bill agreed to 50+ years ago, she takes very seriously:

"For better or for worse, 'til death do you part"

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 09:36:31 am »

I wish I was.

Y'know If Chris Brown had slapped around any other woman than Rihanna (or someone of similar or greater fame like, Beyonce or something), it would have been swept under the rug, and heads would have gladly labeled his victim as a bitter gold digger or worse.

You can argue that is exactly what happened afterwards anyway.

Of course you're right, Vic. I guess I'm more dismayed than surprised.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2018, 04:10:07 pm »
While I do think there is too much fixation on celebrity in America, and it's acute in the black community, and that fixation also carries over to political celebrities as well (i.e. Obamas and Trump), I do think people have a right to criticize the Cosby situation if they feel he has been unfairly prosecuted and if they feel there has been unequal justice. From Cosby defenders or skeptics of the Cosby trial/verdict I see they are coming more from that angle as opposed to sweeping away his moral failings. Cosby's personal moral failings in terms of infidelity are not a crime, and also as our societies' views evolve on sexual relations/relationships, the old stigmas aren't there as much as they once were for certain behaviors (Thirty years ago Gary Hart's presidential hopes were destroyed by his alleged infidelity-to my knowledge he still denies it, but only the next election, did we elect Bill Clinton, and now we have Trump. When I was a teen, teenage pregnancy was not something to be proud of, but today we have a show like Teen Mom. And we also have Amber Rose proudly promoting her "Slutwalks", so I feel we are in the midst of a some major changes in how we view sex and relationships).

I also think some of the furious defense of black celebrities is a response to the fact that many know they will be pilloried by the media and white society. And Chris Brown's reputation for example never has recovered, in the mainstream, and it took a minute for him to be accepted-if fully at all-in the black community again. During that time period even Tom Joyner was refusing to play his music, and I am sure there are some quarters of black thought that are still not going to invite Brown to the 'proverbial cookout' whereas there are others who feel black celebrities need extra support because they won't get it otherwise. White celebrities are given passes or are forgiven, or their crimes aren't reported as zealously as crimes committed by black celebrities. Look how TMZ makes mockery of black celebrities every day, but it's not the same for whites, unless they've really done something that can't be prettied up or safely ignored.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 04:16:51 pm by Emperorjones »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2018, 07:37:31 pm »
Friday, 19th October 2018

Cosby's appeal to exit prison is trashed by prosecutors as 'meritless'
by Maria Puente

Bill Cosby's effort to persuade the judge who sentenced him to prison to reconsider his sex-crimes conviction and sentence was taken apart by prosecutors who described his lawyers' motions as "meritless" and not worthy of even holding a hearing.

Meanwhile, Cosby remains in a cell apart from general population in SCI Phoenix prison in Schwenksville, Pennsylvania.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/bill-cosbys-appeal-to-exit-prison-is-trashed-by-prosecutors-as-meritless/ar-BBOCocz?ocid=spartanntp