Author Topic: 40 YEARS LATER... AN ARREST  (Read 2449 times)

Offline Battle

  • Honorary Wakandan
  • *****
  • Posts: 8378
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 40 YEARS LATER... AN ARREST
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2019, 08:23:08 pm »
Thursday, 9th May 2019
Man arrested in 1985 killing of Hollywood TV director

by Associated Press


(LOS ANGELES, Ca) Police have arrested a man charged with bludgeoning and strangling to death a Hollywood TV director more than three decades ago.

Authorities say the FBI arrested Edwin Hiatt Thursday in Burke County, North Carolina, after DNA evidence linked him to the 1985 death of Barry Crane in Los Angeles.

The LAPD says Hiatt acknowledged to investigators that he killed Crane, who directed or produced such 1970s and 1980s hits as "Mannix," ''Mission: Impossible" and "The Incredible Hulk."

Crane was 57 when his naked body was found wrapped in bedsheets in the garage of his luxury home.

The case went unsolved until police got a DNA match to Crane's suspected killer last year.

Hiatt will be sent to California to face a murder charge.

It's unclear whether he has a lawyer.

















Would You Like To Know More?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/man-arrested-in-1985-killing-of-hollywood-tv-director/ar-AAB9GDV?ocid=spartanntp

Offline Battle

  • Honorary Wakandan
  • *****
  • Posts: 8378
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 40 YEARS LATER... AN ARREST
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2019, 03:57:01 am »
Monday, 13th May 2019
White Man wanted by FBI for sexually abusing young girls turns himself in after 23 years

by Amir Vera


Wayne Arthur Silsbee eluded authorities for 23 years.

He was wanted by the FBI for "multiple incidents of sexual assault" between September 1995 and April 1996 involving girls between 8 and 10 years old.

The FBI said Silsbee knew each of the victims through babysitting for them or taking them to events.

Friday, the now-62-year-old man walked into the Oregon City Police Department and turned himself in, the FBI said.

It is not clear why, after 23 years, Silsbee decided to stop running.

Silsbee faces charges of first degree sodomy, first degree sexual abuse, endangering the welfare of a minor and first degree unlawful sexual penetration, according to a local arrest warrant the FBI said was obtained in Clackamas County, Oregon, near Portland, in July 1996.

The FBI said it obtained a federal arrest warrant charging him with unlawful flight to avoid prosecution that was issued on September 1996.
 
Silsbee's first court appearance is scheduled for Monday.

Authorities are asking for anyone who has had any contact with Silsbee over the past 23 years to call the Oregon City tip line:

503-496-1616.

Detectives believe Silsbee most recently lived in Nebraska, the FBI said.

He also has had ties to Springfield, Missouri, the San Francisco Bay area, Colorado, Arizona and northwestern Washington state.















Would You Like To Know More?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/man-wanted-by-fbi-for-sexually-abusing-young-girls-turns-himself-in-after-23-years/ar-AABgwtx?ocid=spartandhp

Offline Battle

  • Honorary Wakandan
  • *****
  • Posts: 8378
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 40 YEARS LATER... AN ARREST
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2019, 05:31:05 pm »
Friday, 17th May 2019
South Carolina mom abandoned 2nd baby 30 years ago
by Jeffrey Collins, Associated Press


(COLUMBIA, S.C.) A South Carolina mother already facing a murder charge for abandoning her baby daughter in 1990 is now charged with dumping the body of her infant son nearly a year earlier.

DNA tests determined the two babies had the same mother and father, leading to Thursday's arrest of Brook Graham, Greenville County Sheriff's Lt. Ryan Flood said.

In the latest case, Graham is charged with desecration of human remains and unlawful neglect of a child because the medical examiner in 1989 couldn't determine if the baby was born alive, Flood said Thursday in a statement.

Graham, 53, was charged with murder in the death of the baby girl given the name Julie Valentine after the infant was found dead inside a vacuum cleaner box in a vacant lot in Greenville in February 1990 by a man picking Valentine's Day flowers for his wife, authorities said.

Ten months earlier, girls playing in woods about 5 miles (8 kilometers) away, found the body of a baby boy who appeared to be fully developed inside a trash bag in April 1989, investigators said.

Graham's lawyer did not answer an email seeking comment Friday.

Graham faces up to 10 years in prison on each of the new felony charges involving the baby boy. She faces up to life in prison if convicted of murder in the death of the baby girl.

A tip from The Greenville News led deputies to reopen the baby boy's case, Flood said.

The father of the two babies has not been charged.

The DNA in the infant girl case was compared to DNA samples in family genealogy sites and first led police to the father, Greenville Police Chief Ken Miller said.

The father then helped investigators find Graham, the chief said.

The father hasn't been charged in either case, but investigators for both police agencies say more charges are possible.

Graham has two adult children and investigators said they are reviewing how they were raised as a part of the case.















Would You Like To Know More?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/police-south-carolina-mom-abandoned-2nd-baby-30-years-ago/ar-AABvr2n?ocid=spartanntp