Author Topic: Civil War- The Confession (spoilers)  (Read 9053 times)

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Civil War- The Confession (spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2007, 04:18:56 am »
There was a story where everybody forgot the JLA was formed. So when a planetary threat arose each hero assembled his/her own team based on their shared qualities. Batman recruited all of Gotham's lunatics. And IMHO, Brother I was not a simple backyard project. That was clear violation of trust on his part. He was worse than a government watchdog. He made that decision by himself without any official support. The government stinks, but they exist legitimately.

Stark isn't trying to wipe out any heroes or whatnot either. But seeing how he'll redeem himself after this is more interesting than watching Hal Jordan, or Batman, return to the light. We know he's sorry deep inside, which is more than the current Batman. He's too proud to apologize.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2007, 06:11:15 am »
The Batman after Identity Crisis has apologized and they're moving him closer to the light...not too far, because they'd lose too many readers! ;D  But they're making a concerted effort now to soften Batman' demeanor towards other heroes and moving him away from being a paranoid lunatic that's been prevalent the last couple of years.  Besides...the whole Brother I thing was crazy....he can build a satellite that does all that stuff, but he can't keep the Joker, Poison Ivy or Harley Quinn off the streets of Gotham.  As for Tony's being sorry, I guess it depends on which book they have him in...in one book he's crying and apologetic and in the next he's a smug arse amassing a super-hero army.  Maybe it's an editorial issue, but I'm finding it hard to sympathize with the guy these days...he won his war, he controls the majority of superhumans in the MU, he's the director of Shield and when he's on his new helicarrier he has to let everybody know he's in control of said superhumans. 

Offline wktf

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2007, 07:39:34 pm »
I loved Civil War: The Confession.  One of the best books to come out of the entire Civil War series.  Maleev draws a great Iron Man and I loved seeing Tony Stark crying like a baby.  It's about time he showed some real, raw emotion and realized the devastation his stance has caused.

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2007, 05:01:08 pm »
I loved Civil War: The Confession.  One of the best books to come out of the entire Civil War series.  Maleev draws a great Iron Man and I loved seeing Tony Stark crying like a baby.  It's about time he showed some real, raw emotion and realized the devastation his stance has caused.

I can't wait to see some more of that raw emotion when Hulk is smashing him like soda can.
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron