KANYE
« on: May 03, 2018, 06:31:05 am »
Kanye
Inbox
x

Bob Lefsetz Unsubscribe
1:44 AM (4 hours ago)

to me
He's playing by the Trump rulebook, in an attention economy, he who says the most outrageous things wins.

That's right, the media covers your every move and everybody knows what you do and despite so many despising you, others are drawn to you, and you don't need many acolytes to win in this country of 300+ million, never mind the rest of the world.

So he'll get us to listen to his music. We want to know what's going on, we want to watch the train-wreck, and Kanye's laughing all the way to the bank.

But what bugs me most is the opioid addiction as a result of liposuction, proving that Kanye didn't change the Kardashians, but vice versa, he was sucked into their vision, which is as false as they come. When image is everything, you've lost the plot, aging is inevitable, and the only major figure who has figured this out is Bob Dylan, who continues to tour with his ragged voice, reinterpreting his material, confounding us with his choices, whether they be covers or whiskeys.

Then again, it's all about money, Dylan likes it and Kanye can't stop complaining he doesn't have enough, while he alienates his allies and proclaims he's the world's greatest, didn't Muhammad Ali already do that act?

And to tell you the truth, I believe some of this nonsense is calculated, but a lot of it is evidence of mental illness. Meanwhile, his mother dies as a result of plastic surgery and he gets it? Isn't that like a heroin addict believing if dope killed someone else it can't kill him? Both are unnecessary, if unequal, what kind of lesson are we teaching our youth?

Then again, Kanye is a black icon for both getting this much attention and living the life of a rich person, buying land, increasing his empire, that appeals to the oppressed. But I do believe there are better messages to  send.

Not that Kanye is truly concerned with those. Not that I can truly understand the African-American experience. But I can see that Kanye is playing everybody from TMZ to the "New York Times." They're taking what he's saying seriously, they're repeating it, in a world where most people cannot name the number one song, never mind sing it, Kanye is the biggest star of the week, maybe even the month!

Maybe a sad reflection on today's music business, but there's truth here, the biz thinks so SMALL! Believing its own data. That if a track is number one it makes a difference and everybody cares. ALMOST NO ONE CARES! HOW DO YOU RISE ABOVE?

Kanye figured it out.

P.S. As for firing his handlers, Scooter and Paterno, this is a bad move all around. Nobody's an expert in everything, everybody needs help, everybody needs a team, I don't know what coach Kris J. and her daughters are telling Yeezus, but the more he rants, the more he appears to need help. Then again, this is a world where we love to see our heroes spiral into the abyss, from Elvis to Avicii. We like the movie too much to stop them. We don't want to help. Or maybe Kanye's the victim of the Trump administration he is lauding, it's everybody for themselves baby, compassion is history, if you want to flame out, that's fine. Or is it?

--

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: KANYE
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 10:28:57 am »
Kanye
Inbox
x

Bob Lefsetz Unsubscribe
1:44 AM (4 hours ago)

And to tell you the truth, I believe some of this nonsense is calculated, but a lot of it is evidence of mental illness.

Truth be told.   :(

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 09:28:25 am »
The maga fitted cap with matching jersey fashionable for sold out Uncle Toms!

Front

Back

APEXABYSS

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 12:35:54 pm »
Ye is talking about Stockholm Syndrome. He knows what he’s doing. 400 years of coercion thru brutality & legislation. Black people have been brutalized into submission & cowardice. Cowardice is a choice. knee-grows (85%) don't have the guts to admit it.

coercion meaning =use of force or intimidation to obtain compliance. the practice of forcing another party to act in an involuntary manner by use of threats or force. It involves a set of various types of forceful actions that violate the free will of an individual to induce a desired response [/i]

« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 12:51:37 pm by APEXABYSS »

APEXABYSS

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 11:37:05 am »
old news for former slaves & current slaves. free yourself. I miss the "YOU CAN'T TELL ME NOTHING" Yeezy

Your attempt may fail, but never fail to make an attempt.

Here’s one of the most empowering short stories I’ve lately read. The author is unknown but its message is of utmost importance.

As my friend was passing the elephants, he suddenly stopped, confused by the fact that these huge creatures were being held by only a small rope tied to their front leg. No chains, no cages. It was obvious that the elephants could, at anytime, break away from the ropes they were tied to but for some reason, they did not. My friend saw a trainer nearby and asked why these beautiful, magnificent animals just stood there and made no attempt to get away.

“Well,” he said, “when they are very young and much smaller we use the same size of rope to tie them and, at that age, it’s enough to hold them. As they grow up, they are conditioned to believe they cannot break away. They believe the rope can still hold them, so they never try to break free.” My friend was amazed. These animals could at any time break free from their bonds but because they believed they couldn’t, they were stuck right where they were.

Like the elephants, how many of us go through life hanging onto a belief that we cannot do something, simply because we failed at it once before?

How many of us are being held back by old, outdated beliefs that no longer serve us? How many of us have avoided trying something new because of a limiting belief? Worse, how many of us are being held back by someone else’s limiting beliefs?

Whatever you can conceive and believe, you can achieve!

CHOOSE not to accept the false boundaries and limitations created by the past.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 06:14:57 pm »
i haven't listened to the last several albums.  Would they be worth picking up as hip-hop records?
Be Kind to Someone Today.

APEXABYSS

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 10:06:41 am »
i haven't listened to the last several albums.  Would they be worth picking up as hip-hop records?

Watch The Throne album- Jay & Ye. Worth it!

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 07:07:10 am »
The hell with CONye and kim.

They are attempting to help puppetine court the Black vote by dangling an offer to free prisoners with minor offenses and misdemeanors by waiting until the 2018 Mid-Term Elections when the deed could be done right now which is as fast as he could scribble with a crayon.

We don't need puppetine for prison reform.

We don't need conye for prison reform.

...and we damn sure don't need kim.

All we need to do is remove the imposter from office and decide for ourselves how to implement the correct judicial, police and prison reform.

Offline TripleX

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 08:49:12 pm »
I've been a Ye stan for the past decade but my politics are more important to me than my music, though music is my drug of choice. The idea of going this long without listening to his new album would have been unthinkable to me two months ago, but I refuse to support his foolishness any longer. He's sided with our oppressors and it's working. Spending time on his site KTT and arguing with what basically amounts to his cult has shown me that. He's made supporting trump and conservative ideals cool among many of them, who never had a political thought before Ye's twitter fingers starting typing bs. Songs from his last album TLOP have been playing in my head all day though and sheer curiosity is about to kill me. I'm going to have to hear it (for free) just so I can form more talking points against it.

Offline TripleX

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2018, 12:07:18 pm »
He's sticking to his schedule o far. I still haven't listened to Pusha T's "Daytona", Kanye's "Ye" or Kanye and Kid Cudi's "Kids See Ghosts" though fans are loving all three projects. They've made people forget or defend Kanye's problematic statements, but not me. I MAY check out the upcoming Kanye produced Nas album, I don't know yet.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2018, 06:55:55 pm »
He's sticking to his schedule o far. I still haven't listened to Pusha T's "Daytona", Kanye's "Ye" or Kanye and Kid Cudi's "Kids See Ghosts" though fans are loving all three projects. They've made people forget or defend Kanye's problematic statements, but not me. I MAY check out the upcoming Kanye produced Nas album, I don't know yet.
There's so much music I"m still working my way through it.  The first song on the Kanye album is as shocking as it's meant to me. My kids loves several other tracks.  Lyrically it can be mundane, or simplistic, but Kanye's musical instincts always goes toward cinematic. 

The first track on the Pusha T album is quite the banger as played out as the gangster/drug dealer world is, Pusha has a great voice and is quite the lyricist. 

Still working my way through the Kids See Ghosts album. 

I guess the Nas album is behind schedule and now Jay Z and Beyonce dropped a surprise collaboration album to accompany their joint tour. 

All this plus Black Thoughts' EP all means lots of new music for the summer.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2018, 08:21:30 am »
Nice to see West work with Nas. 

I'd like to see what West would do as a producer, going further back with golden age-MCs like Big Daddy Kane, KRS-One, or a group like Salt N Pepa, EPMD or Whodini.
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline TripleX

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2018, 05:40:56 pm »
There's so much music I"m still working my way through it.  The first song on the Kanye album is as shocking as it's meant to me. My kids loves several other tracks.  Lyrically it can be mundane, or simplistic, but Kanye's musical instincts always goes toward cinematic. 

The first track on the Pusha T album is quite the banger as played out as the gangster/drug dealer world is, Pusha has a great voice and is quite the lyricist. 

Still working my way through the Kids See Ghosts album. 

I guess the Nas album is behind schedule and now Jay Z and Beyonce dropped a surprise collaboration album to accompany their joint tour. 

All this plus Black Thoughts' EP all means lots of new music for the summer.

I refuse, I'm all the way done with Kanye. When you have donald trump and Marco Rubio praising your music, it's obviously not for me.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2018, 03:21:09 pm »

I refuse, I'm all the way done with Kanye. When you have donald trump and Marco Rubio praising your music, it's obviously not for me.

I'm w/you, Trip!

I'm seriously contemplating whether I should smash his first album CD and send the pieces back to his record company.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2018, 03:07:47 am »
I heard a bunch of those Nas tracks yesterday.  This might be my favorite album of the bunch.