Author Topic: KANYE  (Read 6219 times)

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: KANYE
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2018, 03:18:09 am »
I heard a bunch of those Nas tracks yesterday.  This might be my favorite album of the bunch.

Did you watch The Superfly remake as well?

I just want to make sure so BOTH the Kanye protesters and Superfly protesters can coordinate when they will protest against you!

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2018, 07:17:47 am »
I'd rather a young blood like XXXTentacion  get some shine after being killed in the sunshine state yesterday than a uncle tom 85er from Christmas past.   :)

Hip Hop is a young generation sport.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2018, 05:59:15 am »
I would like to extend my most sincere apologies if I offended Ms. Kardashian-West in any way.  I deeply appreciate her efforts in my quest for prison reform, criminal justice reform and police reform since President Barack Obama was in office. I cannot thank you enough. I also appreciate this bit of news as well: APOLOGY REVOKED

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Alice Marie Johnson Is Granted Clemency After Push by Kim Kardashian West

by Peter Baker

WASHINGTONThe acting-president commuted the sentence on Wednesday of a 63-year-old woman serving life in prison for a nonviolent drug conviction after her case was brought to his attention by the reality television star Kim Kardashian West.

Although short of a full pardon, the decision will free Alice Marie Johnson, who has been locked up in federal prison in Alabama since 1996 on charges related to cocaine distribution and money laundering.

Ms. Kardashian West, who learned of the case through a video that went viral on social media, visited the acting-president at the White House last week to lobby on Ms. Johnson’s behalf.

Ms. Kardashian West celebrated the decision on Twitter. “BEST NEWS EVER!!!!” she wrote.

Would You Like To Know More?
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/06/us/politics/trump-alice-johnson-sentence-commuted-kim-kardashian-west.html
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 03:52:09 am by Battle »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2018, 05:58:22 am »

I want to thank jefferson L.O.B. sergeant for reminding me of something I've been meaning to do for some time.

I cannot allow a Tom in my enormous record collection. 

Using Thor's mighty hammer, Mjornir, because I'm worthy, makes certain of that.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2018, 03:50:13 am »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2018, 10:15:41 am »
Hurricane Michael finally subsides at the Florida Panhandle...

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2018, 04:13:08 am »

Sunday, 21st October 2018
Mjolnir's shockwaves causes Clemson floor to collapse leaving 30 injured
by Keith Allen and Nicole Chavez

Thirty people were injured when the floor of an apartment clubhouse collapsed during a party in Clemson, South Carolina, the city's police department said.

A large portion of floor collapsed Sunday morning as attendees danced in unison at the clubhouse of the Woodlands of Clemson apartment complex, Woodlands Property Management President Tal Slann said.

People fell through the collapsed floor into the building's basement, Slann said.

No individuals were trapped during the collapse and it's unclear if anyone suffered life-threatening injuries, police said.

The apartment complex is about three miles northeast of Clemson University.

The clubhouse building where the collapse happened is a common area within the complex.

It was built in 2004, Slann said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/clemson-floor-collapse-leaves-30-injured/ar-BBOEXpp?ocid=spartanntp

Would You Like To See More?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV4msH9k47w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxqXz-0uUwE
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 03:10:59 pm by Battle »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2018, 04:11:16 am »
VLADtv posted a series of interviews on YouTube featuring Lord Jamar of Brand Nubian talkin' about what's real, keeping it real, gives him that street feel

This particular interview is the 7th in the series.

Lord Jamar: Sorry kanye, kim's Been w/ Lots of Guys and They Can Talk About It

Would You Like To See More?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN2A3J6FJC8
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 05:17:39 am by Battle »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2018, 05:21:53 am »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2018, 04:02:15 am »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2018, 02:56:30 am »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2018, 03:52:36 am »
Political Foreshadowing on the horizon

Offline TripleX

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2018, 08:08:23 pm »
It's sad the way he's debased himself this year.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2018, 10:35:24 pm »
Tuesday, 20th November 2018
Taylor Swift's massive record deal with Universal proves her power … once again
by Paul Donoughue

We know Taylor Swift has power.

What the singer says and does — or does not do — reverberates throughout popular culture.

See, for example:

Taylor Swift and Politics, as when she pushed people, many of them young, to the polls in Tennessee and ended up drawing the ire of the US acting-President.

Taylor Swift and Gender Relations, as when she testified against her groper in court and won a symbolic $1 USD in damages

Taylor Swift and The Music Business, as when she boycotted Spotify over artist royalties, forced a change at Apple over the same, and withheld her long-awaited album from streaming platforms in a calculated strategy that maximised sales

Now, when it comes to power-plays, the singer behind Look What You Made Me Do has done it again.

Swift has signed a new record deal with Universal Music Group, which Forbes reported could be worth $200 million USD, after her one with Big Machine Records, which has released of all her music to date, came to an end.

It is significant not just because it seems like an unusually good deal for Swift, who will retain ownership over her future master recordings, but because something she baked into her new contract could mean a payday for hundreds of other artists.

Swift says the deal will spread the love around

In an Instagram post announcing the move, Swift said the deal included "one condition that meant more to me than any other deal point".

"As part of my new contract with Universal Music Group, I asked that any sale of their Spotify shares result in a distribution of money to their artists, non-recoupable," Swift said.

"They have agreed to do this, at what they believe will be much better terms than paid out previously by other major labels.

"I see this as a sign that we are headed towards positive change for creators — a goal I'm never going to stop trying to help achieve, in whatever ways I can."

Rolling Stone reported that the provision was instrumental in Swift's decision go with Universal over other potential suitors.

What does this mean?

It means money, potentially, for all of Swift's new labelmates, which is everyone from Drake (who TBH probably doesn't need the cash) to smaller Australian acts like Cut Copy.

The major record labels Sony, Warner and Universal took ownership stakes in Spotify when the Swedish company was floated on the stock exchange in April.

Earlier this year, Sony sold half of its 5.7 per cent stake for $768 million USD, while Warner sold its smaller share for about $500 million USD, according to trade publication Music Business Worldwide.

Universal, however, has not sold any of its 3.5 per cent stake, which represents about $1 billion USD based on Spotify's value when it floated.

It has not announced plans to sell. But if it did, what Swift has secured is a commitment from the label that the money it receives will be shared with all of its artists.

And the non-recoupable part?

When an artist makes a record, a major label will often give them an advance.

That means the artist goes into the red, essentially, and will only see a payday from that record — through sales or streaming — after the label has gotten back what it initially spent.

"There are going to be a huge amount of Universal acts with huge levels of unrecouped balances, be it from $1,000 to a couple of hundred thousand dollars and some in the millions," said Marcus Walkom, a senior lawyer with Media Arts Lawyers.

Swift's deal, Mr Walkom said, means the artists will get a windfall from any sale of Universal shares in Spotify regardless of what they happen to owe their label.

When Sony and Warner sold shares in Spotify, they distributed the cash differently. Sony reportedly ignored unrecouped balances, sending money straight to artists, while Warner took the artists' debt into account.

This deal puts the arrangement with Universal artists closer to that of Sony.

A deal few big-name artists could make

This time last year, Swift held her latest album Reputation from streaming services — with whom she has had a fractious relationship — for weeks, in what was described as a cunning business strategy.

"She's got the power to do that," triple j's Zan Rowe told the ABC. "She's got a hugely loyal fanbase, and she knows they will go out and buy her record."

This new deal has another smart business element to it: it lets Swift retain ownership rights to her master recordings.

Despite what you might think, major artists often don't own their recordings. Their labels do.

This deal means Swift will not only own the copyright to her future songs (provided she writes them or has a hand in their writing) but to the recordings themselves, which will earn her more money when those tracks are played on radio or used in advertising or promotions.

As for her six albums so far, Mr Walkom suspects this new deal will open up an avenue for her to get those master recordings back, potentially letting her monetise her back catalogue through reissues, something acts like Metallica have successfully done.

"I suspect the big play for her here, with going with Universal, is that Big Machine is on the selling block ... and it looks like Universal might ultimately buy that," he said.

"In which case, as part of her deal, they will agree to roll in her existing recordings under the current deal, in which case she will get all her rights back."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-21/taylor-swift-signs-a-massive-new-record-deal-showing-her-power/10517614

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2019, 10:25:27 am »
Kanye West is an alien or house slave,,,,,,both walk around free in Amerikkka or have an illusion of privilege.