Author Topic: Deadpool 2: Wha'd ya think?  (Read 3528 times)

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
Deadpool 2: Wha'd ya think?
« on: May 18, 2018, 03:44:45 pm »
hmm?

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Deadpool 2: Wha'd ya think?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 04:19:05 pm »
It was good. A bit slow at parts, but Cable and Domino were excellent additions.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 09:30:52 pm »
It was good. A bit slow at parts, but Cable and Domino were excellent additions.
Agree. Took a beat to find it's footing, but once the plot kicked in it was a lot of fun.  And Domino and Cable were fantastic! 

Offline BlackRodimus

• You got me straight trippin', boo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 01:42:20 am »
I liked it a lot.
"don't fight the power, be the power" - Reginald Hudlin

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 09:53:50 am »
The film was goofy and enjoyable.  Nice to see Reynolds' input.  I haven't seen Atomic Blonde but the director did a good job putting this together.

More Zazie in X-Force!  And a solo movie. :-* :-* :-* :-*  (Still haven't seen any Atlanta yet)

.. bumping off all the X-Force recruits? Nasty... and kind of a waste of Terry Crews, at least..  He couldn't be Bishop?  I know, Omar Sy played him in a previous movie, but... could have been interesting to have him follow Cable from the future and have them go at it for a while before patching things up..

I hope that Brolin gets to continue as Cable in X-Force, he makes a nice straight man to Deadpool's foolishness.

I was surprised that there got to be a full-on fight between Colossus and Juggernaut!  Awesome!  It was great that Juggy was CGI this time around.  I wonder who played him physically?
The young man playing Russell was impressive.  I wonder if he'll be continuing with the next movie.  Nice aside about plus-sized superheroes.

Too bad about the personal problems of the guy who plays Weasel.  Doubtful if he'll show up again..

The 'healing/baby torso' sequence at Blind Al's was cringeworthy, lol.. I was hoping that Blind Al would show up for the climax, shooting at random.

... I wish Dopinder hadn't killed the guy at the end.  Obviously it was played for laughs, but.. eh.. this guy is 'off' if he really thinks he had to become some kind of "bad-azz killer" to be part of the team...

.. yeah, it's entertainment, it's not that deep, but... lol..

.... There was a mid-credits scene?  I had to use the bathroom... ah well..
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 09:56:19 am by Hypestyle »
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 01:39:18 pm »
Loved Colossus in this movie- finally he gets some action scenes!!  And Juggernaut was awesome too. Loved the cameo with Brad Pitt; and the fact Ryan Reynolds even shot himself for starring in Green Lantern and even shot the horrible version of Deadpool in XMen Origins.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 05:37:56 am »
Loved Colossus in this movie- finally he gets some action scenes!!  And Juggernaut was awesome too. Loved the cameo with Brad Pitt; and the fact Ryan Reynolds even shot himself for starring in Green Lantern and even shot the horrible version of Deadpool in XMen Origins.
Yep, all good!

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 01:08:01 pm »
Really funny. Not quite as good as the first one.

But the movie was well done, Cable and Domino were great, the surprise cameo was very well done and I liked all of the supporting cast.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 10:45:52 am »
Solid movie.

Something was missing but I am not sure what it was.

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 01:01:24 pm »
With so much time spent at the Essex Home for Mutant Rehabilitation, I was certain that the director was going to end up being Mr. Sinister.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 03:04:29 pm »
With so much time spent at the Essex Home for Mutant Rehabilitation, I was certain that the director was going to end up being Mr. Sinister.
I thought that too.  Glad it wasn't him.