Author Topic: Panther vs Deadpool mini series  (Read 13636 times)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Panther vs Deadpool mini series
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2018, 12:28:15 am »
I like the idea of the holiday(I thought of something similar for fan fic). The only hiccups for me was Tchallas' comments on it. Considering he talks to his ancestors he would be the one encouraging celebrating it the most. But his Hudlin moment with the child made up for it.

Also? Considering he is King of the Dead and pulled off that feat on Battleworld, where he lead the Dead in battle vs Doom? Yeah. His words are definitely not right. Madd...with two d's...wrong, in fact. Not really loving the art. And I am still old skool. I definitely think that making T'Challa superhuman takesaay his ultimate cool factor. He'll never be able to stand on an even field with Batman and straight out beat him everywhere and out-cool him, because of the dodge that BP is superhuman

He is more enhanced like Cap or slightly above Cap, and honestly it's good. T'Challa is a character who's power set fits him comfortably into anything from street level, to straight up cosmic level showings and can tangle with everything in between and do so logically due to his power set.

He is superior to Batman in literally every way. He doesn't need to be peak human so he can beat out bats in a arbitrary coolness factor because he already has.

I respect your opinion on this and many other issues, Ezyo. You know this. You also know that we agree on most areas regarding BP...but this isn't one of them.

Batman can take on street level to cosmic level threats...AS A PEAK HUMAN. This gives him the unanswerable edge regarding "coolness" visavis any and every SUPERhuman cape. Period game over. Because the ultimate argument that can be made between pro-Batman groups and those that advocate that some superhuman can defeat Bats and/or is cooler than Bats is: "Yeah, so and so MIGHT be able to beat Batman...BUT THAT'S BECAUSE SO AND SO IS SUPERHUMAN. If so- and so was human, without superpowers? Bats would beat him. Superhumans rely on their superpowers. Stripped of their superpowers? They can't do what Batman does."

And most of the time? They're RIGHT.

That's just a thinly veiled argument people for Batman. There are feats that Batman has and has been doing that basically Batman is superhuman but writers keep saying he isn't (basically an unofficial metahuman) simply because they want to keep the charade.

Honestly I'm good with Tchalla being enhanced by hsh because that's all he needs because his greatest superpowers are his mind and the ability to make people underestimate him.  Abd T'Challa has never been so strong that writers can't think of unique ways for him to beat people above his weight class, I mean he has made a career out of it.

Again in my personal opinion, I don't want or need to see Tchalla bas peak human so he can compare to Batman, plus for Tchalla, people relate to him not by his powers, but because of his morals and what he believes in.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2018, 01:06:21 am »
I like the idea of the holiday(I thought of something similar for fan fic). The only hiccups for me was Tchallas' comments on it. Considering he talks to his ancestors he would be the one encouraging celebrating it the most. But his Hudlin moment with the child made up for it.

Also? Considering he is King of the Dead and pulled off that feat on Battleworld, where he lead the Dead in battle vs Doom? Yeah. His words are definitely not right. Madd...with two d's...wrong, in fact. Not really loving the art. And I am still old skool. I definitely think that making T'Challa superhuman takesaay his ultimate cool factor. He'll never be able to stand on an even field with Batman and straight out beat him everywhere and out-cool him, because of the dodge that BP is superhuman

He is more enhanced like Cap or slightly above Cap, and honestly it's good. T'Challa is a character who's power set fits him comfortably into anything from street level, to straight up cosmic level showings and can tangle with everything in between and do so logically due to his power set.

He is superior to Batman in literally every way. He doesn't need to be peak human so he can beat out bats in a arbitrary coolness factor because he already has.

I respect your opinion on this and many other issues, Ezyo. You know this. You also know that we agree on most areas regarding BP...but this isn't one of them.

Batman can take on street level to cosmic level threats...AS A PEAK HUMAN. This gives him the unanswerable edge regarding "coolness" visavis any and every SUPERhuman cape. Period game over. Because the ultimate argument that can be made between pro-Batman groups and those that advocate that some superhuman can defeat Bats and/or is cooler than Bats is: "Yeah, so and so MIGHT be able to beat Batman...BUT THAT'S BECAUSE SO AND SO IS SUPERHUMAN. If so- and so was human, without superpowers? Bats would beat him. Superhumans rely on their superpowers. Stripped of their superpowers? They can't do what Batman does."

And most of the time? They're RIGHT.

That's just a thinly veiled argument people for Batman. There are feats that Batman has and has been doing that basically Batman is superhuman but writers keep saying he isn't (basically an unofficial metahuman) simply because they want to keep the charade.

I bet cash money that you're right in a lot of cases. Still doesn't change the fact that pure humans can do what Batman has been depicted of doing; and that reality pretty much undercuts any other interpretation. Because OF COURSE a SUPERhuman...whatever that really is...can do what pretty much any and every super trained HUMAN can do.

Honestly I'm good with Tchalla being enhanced by hsh because that's all he needs because his greatest superpowers are his mind and the ability to make people underestimate him.  Abd T'Challa has never been so strong that writers can't think of unique ways for him to beat people above his weight class, I mean he has made a career out of it.

I think that T'Challa should be enhanced by HSH too, but via a spiritual connection to the TPG duo. The male and female Basts. The KING OF THE DEAD ability might be superhuman but doesn't have to be, as it's been established in human lore that we can communicate with our ancestors...Talk To The Dead, Channeling, etc...without being more than human to do so.

Again in my personal opinion, I don't want or need to see Tchalla bas peak human so he can compare to Batman, plus for Tchalla, people relate to him not by his powers, but because of his morals and what he believes in.

Most fans of supercapes relate to their morals and what the supercape believes in. SUPERMAN fans are some of the biggest examples of that. But nobody actually thinks that they can fly like Superman [ at least they don't think that when they're not on something like LSD, lol ]; however the extremity of training evinced by heroes like Black Panther, Batman, Black Widow, Shang Chi, etc puts them more squarely in the "I CAN REALLY DO THAT, TOO!" category than the more blatantly "super" capes like Silver Surfer, Thor, Superman, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Mister Terrific, etc. etc.

But if you can actually see how to get closer to actually doing what your favorite hero can do? The more you can relate to him. NIGHTWING, for instance, is faster and more agile than Batman. And the best human acrobat in the DCU. His incredible feats are therefore seen as doable by the readership by humans...and maybe even some of the readership themselves. This kind of identification makes alllll of the difference. It's what makes Spider Man more relateable and more identifiable with more people in general than say...Captain America.

I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline True Father Sankofa

• Honorary Wakandan
  • The maker the owner the cream of the planet earth
    • View Profile
    • True's myspace page
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2018, 03:35:48 am »
Issue 1 was my fav comic of the year, great from start to finish, love the artwork
"Don't count the days, make the days count"-Muhammad Ali

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2018, 03:55:47 pm »
I felt the opposite. Really didn't like the artwork. The tonal dissonance between BP's world and Deadpool's world didn't work for me. It made little sense, even for Deadpool to just tell T'Challa what he really needed the vibranium for. Granted, T'Challa would not believe him, and you could still have the fight between them. I did like learning about the Wakandan Halloween-like holiday though.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2018, 04:44:08 am »
The art was a turnoff for me too EJ. I set it aside when I saw BP had some interesting panels in Immortal Hulk #7 and Punisher 2 & 3 had some great action featuring Cage, Iron Fist and DD.

I will go back and pick up BP vs Deadpool 1, but I'm dubious as to what #2 is going to bring?

Peace,

Mont

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2018, 09:28:26 am »
Quote from: Cville;4039847

[/QUOTE
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2018, 09:29:32 am »

Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2018, 10:47:39 am »
While initially and in general I'm not a fan of the artwork in this series...I have to say honestly that it's growing on me. It seems to be more appropriate for the tone and dissonance of the story and characters, the more I read. The writer is pretty much killin it [ excepting that giant miss with the Wakandan "Halloween", proving that the writer is almost certainly a White guy ], and I definitely am lol'ing at a lot of Deadpool's lines.

Yeah, I'm going to buy this whole thing...
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2018, 07:32:11 am »
BP vs DP #2 is fire. If he can keep this up he'll be a shoe in for best mini-series
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2018, 06:00:25 pm »
Iban really enjoying this series. It's been a fun read and this is how BP minis should be, focused on T'Challa and showing he is a formidable warrior.

I hope that sets the tone going forward and we get more like this and Rise

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2018, 09:32:41 pm »
I strongly echo the sentiments of my brothers SI, CvilleWakandan and Ezyo above! Issue #2 far exceeded my expectations!  I'll be damned if Kibblesmith doesn't get T'Challa better than Coates ever did! This is the BP we deserved to see emerge from TRO over the self-loathing, back seat driving mess Coates has delivered. Would love to see this paired with Acuna's Art, but like SI, Lopez Ortiz is growing on me.

Peace,

Mont

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2018, 08:06:05 am »
I strongly echo the sentiments of my brothers SI, CvilleWakandan and Ezyo above! Issue #2 far exceeded my expectations!  I'll be damned if Kibblesmith doesn't get T'Challa better than Coates ever did! This is the BP we deserved to see emerge from TRO over the self-loathing, back seat driving mess Coates has delivered. Would love to see this paired with Acuna's Art, but like SI, Lopez Ortiz is growing on me.

Peace,

Mont

I completely cosign the above. When is Coates' contract over, anyway? I can't stand dude. His stuff is so...substanceless and as said above, precisely NOT the guy who should have come out of Battleworld and TRO.

If Redjack doesn't get the reigns to T'Challa [ and he and the RISE and whatever relevant PANTHER'S QUEST team members SHOULD get the main T'Challa book ], or Walker doesn't, or R to the H doesn't? Well. Kibblesmith is one of the few White guys whom I'd trust with T'Challa in a 12 issue maxiseries, and see from there if he rocks it hard enough to be the main writer on a ongoing. I'm not sure if I'd trust Hickman with a pure T'Challa solo, because Idk how much of a grasp on T'Challa as a dominating lead that Hickman has. Ewing, on the other hand, I think would write T'Challa well...if he came in completely focused for a 24 issue say 8 arc of three books per arc building plan [ that's what I would come in with, and Ewing can DO THIS like a mug when he's focused ].
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2018, 10:01:01 am »
I can definitely see Ewing on Panther.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2018, 10:13:21 am »
Hickman would de well if editorial prevented him from using Doom or Reed. Lol.
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2018, 10:26:15 am »
Hickman would de well if editorial prevented him from using Doom or Reed. Lol.

hahahahahhaha

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!